Jump to content
Pepelotz123

Problem with upgraded gun from local service

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Recommended Posts

I have a problem i got upgraded SR25 from local shop. I picked it up today. I come home and wanted to test it. Put in the battery and gun is not shooting a "burning smell" everywhere. I fast disconnected battery and everything mosfet, battery, cabels were extremly hot. I opened it and first thing i see they swapped cabels. Two red one are connected to the black one on the battery. Can i repair it with micro solder with just swapping cabels in blue circle?  https://gyazo.com/8826de8127a5954ad3999ca9b0c19d14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pepelotz123 said:

I have a problem i got upgraded SR25 from local shop. I picked it up today. I come home and wanted to test it. Put in the battery and gun is not shooting a "burning smell" everywhere. I fast disconnected battery and everything mosfet, battery, cabels were extremly hot. I opened it and first thing i see they swapped cabels. Two red one are connected to the black one on the battery. Can i repair it with micro solder with just swapping cabels in blue circle?  https://gyazo.com/8826de8127a5954ad3999ca9b0c19d14

Haven't even looked at your pic as no need. Just take it back and get them to sort it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't fix their mistakes. If you've paid for an upgraded gun and you've taken home a lemon, take it back and make them accountable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have had a look at you pic yes you need to swap round the red an back under your thum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes but atleast the OP can use it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

People learn through mistakes but not ones they dont know about.

Couldn't agree more. If I'm doing something wrong at work then I need to know or I won't learn. Helps everyone involved. 

 

If I was the OP then I would call them to point it out. No need to whinge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I would have a whinge, having paid for an upgrade that was incorrectly installed and obviously not even tested , at the least I would be looking to get my money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m with trigger on this one , if I’m paying a ‘professional’ to work on my gun then I expect an appropriate level of workmanship for my money , you don’t take your car to a garage spend £800 on a new what ever and it starts playing up on the way home so when you do get home you start ‘tinkering’ with it yourself now do you ? No if I’ve paid for work on my gun I expect it to be 100% correct or I will return and I will kick up a fuss . I will not let shoddily performed tech work slide , if I do it’ll never stop happening .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’m with trigger on this one , if I’m paying a ‘professional’ to work on my gun then I expect an appropriate level of workmanship for my money , you don’t take your car to a garage spend £800 on a new what ever and it starts playing up on the way home so when you do get home you start ‘tinkering’ with it yourself now do you ? No if I’ve paid for work on my gun I expect it to be 100% correct or I will return and I will kick up a fuss . I will not let shoddily performed tech work slide , if I do it’ll never stop happening .

Actually..... that’s exactly what I did... never trust a main dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Actually..... that’s exactly what I did... never trust a main dealer.

Your choice .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For future reference op got lucky here- if the mosfet burned out due to their shoddy wiring and he swapped the connections that's grounds for the shop to try and blame him for it (bs i know but thats how these things work).

 

If your gonna pay someone who's purporting to be a professional to work on your gun then you'd better be sure to make them accountable for doing it right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...