G & G raider Upgrade

Catnan112
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi. Need some help, new to airsoft and upgrading, after getting my UKARA, decided to upgrade the 2 tone. Put in a 6.03 barrel, upgraded piston, cylinder, cylinder head, 110 spring and nozzle. Only trouble is now the FPS has dropped from 300 + to 220ish. What have I done wrong or do I need to change the motor?

• Supporters

Did you check the compression parts are compatible? Just because they say V2, doesn’t mean they all work together.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Catnan112 said:

or do I need to change the motor?

k1FaUcl.gif

You've got a bad seal at the cylinder head, or your air nozzle isn't sealing on the bucking. A fraction of a mm can make all the difference.

• Supporters

check the seals, just did this exact same thing with the f2000, dropped a silent piston head in without checking the seal and it's droped 3/4 of a joule. couldn't be arsed opening it up again so it's still on my list to get sorted.

PFTE tape is your friend.

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, MisterG said:

PFTE tape is your friend.

No it isnt, sorry but this is a bugbear of mine due to seeing the horrific over use of ptfe tape in innappropriate places when working on other people's guns.

If you have to resort to using stop gap measures like stuffing ptfe tape everywhere its because you're using parts that dont work together.

Guys, thanks for all th3 help, did check it and there was an o ring missing on the piston, all sorted now. Now onto another question( hope I don5 have to start a new thread). Look8ng at installing a complete new gearbox in the raider, any suggestions of n make etc.

7 minutes ago, Catnan112 said:

Guys, thanks for all th3 help, did check it and there was an o ring missing on the piston, all sorted now. Now onto another question( hope I don5 have to start a new thread). Look8ng at installing a complete new gearbox in the raider, any suggestions of n make etc.

Why? 

Nothing wrong with the shell at the FPS we use in this country. Might as well just change the internals to be honest. 

if you want a whole new gearbox to throw most of it away then look on Ak2m4, he seeks complete gearboxes. 

Archived