Odin Speedloader with AK mag adapter

EvilMonkee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a quick one for anyone who has one. The Odin witk AK mag adapter druid linked sometime ago will fit and feed AS VAL mags. In case it's any use to anyone....LCT anyways 

20190329_153212.jpg

• Supporters

good to know, i've not used the ak adapter yet but the odin has been my faithful servant now since it launched and i'm very happy with it.

i've said it before and i'll say it again- i'd rather lose the polarstar than the odin.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

Hands down the best 'thing' I have ever bought for airsoft! 

Yup.  Even my cheap clone works OK.  The handle came off, as they all do (on the clones), but it's still functional and easily enough bodged.  In best YouTube clickbait: You won't BELIEVE how FAST this LOADER fills your MAGS!!!!!11!!

39 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Yup.  Even my cheap clone works OK.  The handle came off, as they all do (on the clones), but it's still functional and easily enough bodged.  In best YouTube clickbait: You won't BELIEVE how FAST this LOADER fills your MAGS!!!!!11!!

I bought a Nuprol one..and it's a cheap piece of crap..handle broke within a few weeks.  I still use it as I superglue'd a large toothpaste cap into where the handle goes..still works, but when it dies I will invest in a genuine Odin.  :)

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

For you guys that rate them, is it mainly for mid game reloading? Or just general loading (safe zone etc) that they are great? 

both, makes loading between games really quick, so quick that reloading under fire is entirely possible.

realistically you can fill half a dozen midcaps nearly as fast as just one using a standard loader.

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Just a quick one for anyone who has one. The Odin witk AK mag adapter druid linked sometime ago will fit and feed AS VAL mags. In case it's any use to anyone....LCT anyways 

20190329_153212.jpg

Have you installed the dampener or is yours just that colour as standard? I’ve just lined mine with neoprene and it’s dead silent now so can take out in the field if required without sounding like I’m holding a super size bitch maraca 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Have you installed the dampener or is yours just that colour as standard? I’ve just lined mine with neoprene and it’s dead silent now so can take out in the field if required without sounding like I’m holding a super size bitch maraca 

just keep it full- doesn't rattle so loud.

if needs be a spare bag of ammo can be rolled up tight to top it up if you're guaranteed to be using it in the field.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

just keep it full- doesn't rattle so loud.

if needs be a spare bag of ammo can be rolled up tight to top it up if you're guaranteed to be using it in the field.

Na done it now so I’m happy, keeps quiet and doesn’t loose much capacity if any at all 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

Na done it now so I’m happy, keeps quiet and doesn’t loose much capacity if any at all 

yeah, capacity is ludicrous anyway so losing a few hundred rounds probably isn't going to be an issue.

did you just glue in some sheets of neoprene? i did potentially consider it but on the rare occasion i'm using it in the field (where it'll then be half empty and rattling) stealth has already gone out the window :P

22 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, capacity is ludicrous anyway so losing a few hundred rounds probably isn't going to be an issue.

did you just glue in some sheets of neoprene? i did potentially consider it but on the rare occasion i'm using it in the field (where it'll then be half empty and rattling) stealth has already gone out the window :P

1 a4 sheet, up to you what thickness you go but I think mine was 3mm maybe...

double sided sticky tape on the insides including the loading window and jobs a goodun, over lap the edges on the sides coming to the top for the loading window or you’ll get contact with bbs to plastic still 

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Standard colour

• Supporters
On 29/03/2019 at 19:12, Adolf Hamster said:

realistically you can fill half a dozen midcaps nearly as fast as just one using a standard loader.

Yup, you go wind, wind, wind... wait, what, that's it actually loaded?  I've been wasting my life!

In easy to understand pictorial form: you, without an Odin-style loader:

781.gif

You, with an Odin-style loader:

1*qoCNjOL3a3U4FWN199FNcg.gif

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Yup, you go wind, wind, wind... wait, what, that's it actually loaded?  I've been wasting my life!

In easy to understand pictorial form: you, without an Odin-style loader:

781.gif

You, with an Odin-style loader:

1*qoCNjOL3a3U4FWN199FNcg.gif

seems about right, for a short while there i was without an ak adapter and having to load normally, man it's like going back to mechanical hard drives after you've had an ssd.

My VAL is down too, have accidentally cut the battery wires

Ouch cut them with the silencer eh, certainly weren't thinking with that idea.

Mine's the outer bolt that hold the gearbox on, stupid thing is made with mild steel so the allen key easily rounds out.

I've bought a vernier, and plan on replacing all the cheap bolts with decent stainless or even Ti.

Out of all bolts on the pdf, they don't list that friggin gearbox bolt, so I'm gonna dremel each side and use a mole grips to get it off.

+1 this speedloader, granted I've got a clone that broke and I bodge fixed like other folk, but I'll pick up a proper Odin when it next pops, saves so much time and energy

Archived