What alternative gas to use in my Tokyo Mauri 1911

Marcusww
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all new to this forum 

please help

i currently own the Tokyo Mauri and Western Arms 1911s the gas they use for theses guns (green gas ) is dam hard to buy over here in Australia is there an alternative gas propane Co2 or equivalent in the green gas that I can use that I can easily buy over here in Australia or does anyone know of a company overseas that is willing to ship the gas over to me I was looking at getting the Abbey predator 144 gas but it is hard to buy over in Australia 

please help 

144a is also known as duster gas, which is the same stuff that you get to clean out computers. Though like propane it does not have silicon content to keep the seals lubricated. 

Hi 

Thanks for that but over here in Australia the 144 gas is a controlled substance so I need a license to buy it. Is there another alternative. Can I use Propane I can get that no worries will that ruin my guns 

41 minutes ago, Marcusww said:

Hi 

Thanks for that but over here in Australia the 144 gas is a controlled substance so I need a license to buy it. Is there another alternative. Can I use Propane I can get that no worries will that ruin my guns 

Yes you can use straight propane but you'll have to periodically lube your o-rings with silicone oil manually.

Check out YouTube videos for the madbull propane adapter. It has a nipple you can put some silicone oil into that will inject the correct amount of oil into your magazines as you fill them with gas.

Hi 

Thankyou for your reply’s

I just gone and brought on EBay an airsoft innovations propane adapter kit

And a airsoft propane filling adapter for green gas tank with silicone O il port should that work ok with a propane gas or duster gas 

So just to confirm with my Tokyo Mauri and Western Arms stock 1911 pistols, it will be ok to use the propane gas or Air Duster gas with these airsoft guns as long as I use the silicon as a lubricant as I can buy this gas over here in Australia and also online 

just  to also inform the forum I will also be using the Abbey Predator 144 maintenance gas every fifth magazine to help lubricate the seals will that be ok for these airsoft pistols 

Thankyou for all your help 

Should be ok. Depends what temperatures you running them in? The WA is more at risk in high temp plus spares are near impossible to get. Duster is lower pressure so use that when its hot. As for lube a drop of silicon in the on the nozzle now and again is fine, you don't have to do it a lot.

Cheers 

Thanks  heaps

Over here in Australia we don’t compete in airsoft like over in the US and Europe we do paint ball that does not interest me 

I’m just going out on my mates farm at the back of nowhere, and teaching my kids gun safety and a bit of fun shooting tin cans I also like tinkering around with them taking them apart and maintain them 

so I won’t be using them all the time and they will be well looked after

So whats the maximum temperature to use the propane gas.

And the maximum temperature for the 144 Duster Gas before it damages my Tokyo Mauri and Western Arms 

sorry for my ignorance but I’m very new to this 

6 minutes ago, Marcusww said:

Cheers 

Thanks  heaps

Over here in Australia we don’t compete in airsoft like over in the US and Europe we do paint ball that does not interest me 

I’m just going out on my mates farm at the back of nowhere, and teaching my kids gun safety and a bit of fun shooting tin cans I also like tinkering around with them taking them apart and maintain them 

so I won’t be using them all the time and they will be well looked after

So whats the maximum temperature to use the propane gas.

And the maximum temperature for the 144 Duster Gas before it damages my Tokyo Mauri and Western Arms 

sorry for my ignorance but I’m very new to this 

I would say maybe 25 degrees is the upper limit for regular green gas and plastic components. The higher pressure varieties of green gas are for lower temps.. like sub 10 degrees.

Anything over 25 I would be looking at duster/144.

You'll know when it's time to change gas if you chrono the weapon and your FPS has jumped significantly.

Btw, if you use abbey maintenance gas you're covered. Too much lube can be just as bad as not enough.

Manual lube or maintenance gas, not both.

Highest uk temp is around 35 degrees. tm will handle that but maybe not if its done a lot. but as said be more wary of the WA. As long as the gas is giving it enough puff to cycle and finish mags is the main thing so just keep using duster till it starts struggling and move to propane. That way you won't over stress them.

Thanks for your help 

so just to confirm so I’m understanding 

The cooler the temperatures up to 25 degrees Celsius use the propane 

And the temperatures above 25 Celsius use the duster gas 

and chrono the gun to make sure the FPS isn’t off the chart as that will ruin your gun 

thankyou 

just use what makes it run on the day . no point in running it hard when you're only plinking. 

Thanks buddy your a great help 

I appreciate it 

Just one last thing can I use any silicon oil for the propane and gas lubricant 

I can get the Abbey Gun Solution Silicon Gun Oil 35 at my local gun store is that ok to use for the lubricant 

Archived