New player (-18) - I want a RIF

phantom2755
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am not licensed in any way with ukara and I would like a RIF weapon. I am also under 18. So if I wanted to get one, could a parent/friend gift me one who met all of the requirements (18/+ and licensed). I wouldn't pay them for getting for me, they would gift me an all black weapon. Is this legal or not as my cousin might actually stop playing airsoft now and has lots of RIF weapons he would give to me.

Just to clarify, is it legal to (under 18): to be gifted an all black weapon by someone who is legally allowed to purchase one

5 minutes ago, phantom2755 said:

Just to clarify, is it legal to (under 18): to be gifted an all black weapon by someone who is legally allowed to purchase one

Yes.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).   There is no "license" just a defence.  It is illegal for any under 18 to buy or be sold any airsoft gun, whether an IF (two-tone) or RIF.

Yes, you can be gifted a RIF as you describe above.

you can be gifted a rif but just because someone is over 18 doesn't mean they can buy a rif to gift to you they require a defense to purchase it.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, phantom2755 said:

as my cousin might actually stop playing airsoft now and has lots of RIF weapons he would give to me

Absolutely fine, if he's minded to "gift" multiple hundreds of pounds worth of equipment to you.

Just don't do anything daft with the RIFs and it won't be an issue.

• Moderators

as above ^^^^^ :lol:

So are you intending to play the games and get involved or just shoot in the back garden etc, as the latter i would have thought it makes no difference really and would be better if 'neighbours' saw you using it'? :)

id hate for you to get hold of one, show it to your mates and end up with it out in public......

but what ever your choice.....dont forget eyepro....even in the garden you can catch a ricochet!!!

15 hours ago, djben9 said:

So are you intending to play the games and get involved or just shoot in the back garden etc, as the latter i would have thought it makes no difference really and would be better if 'neighbours' saw you using it'? :)

id hate for you to get hold of one, show it to your mates and end up with it out in public......

but what ever your choice.....dont forget eyepro....even in the garden you can catch a ricochet!!!

I do intend playing on an insured site accompanied by an adult, with all required/recommended gear. If I ever did want to shoot in my garden my neighbours would know beforehand. Thank you for your concerns :)

1 hour ago, phantom2755 said:

I do intend playing on an insured site accompanied by an adult, with all required/recommended gear. If I ever did want to shoot in my garden my neighbours would know beforehand. Thank you for your concerns :)

Good man

• Moderators
18 hours ago, phantom2755 said:

Excellent :)

On 29/03/2019 at 08:02, djben9 said:

And nor can your neighbors.

Archived