RAFFLE enquiry

Mike20090
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So having trouble selling my kit and was wondering if I could run a raffle to get rid of it and plus someone would get a lot of kit for not a lot of money can anyone offer advise on this please ? 

I was thinking 200 tickets at £2 each max number of five tickets per player 

21 minutes ago, Mike20090 said:

So having trouble selling my kit and was wondering if I could run a raffle to get rid of it and plus someone would get a lot of kit for not a lot of money can anyone offer advise on this please ? 

I was thinking 200 tickets at £2 each max number of five tickets per player 

Having looked at your ad, I can say that the price you were asking is the most likely reason why it hasn't sold. 

What you are trying to do would be considered a lottery/gmabling and not a raffle under the eyes of the law. Specific laws would need to be followed. Also, what if you didn't reach 200 tickets? How would anyone be able to trust you to refund that money? You would need to be able to do this in a secure environment before anyone parts with any cash. 

By far the easiest way of selling your stuff is to sell it for a good price. 

6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Having looked at your ad, I can say that the price you were asking is the most likely reason why it hasn't sold. 

What you are trying to do would be considered a lottery/gmabling and not a raffle under the eyes of the law. Specific laws would need to be followed. Also, what if you didn't reach 200 tickets? How would anyone be able to trust you to refund that money? You would need to be able to do this in a secure environment before anyone parts with any cash. 

By far the easiest way of selling your stuff is to sell it for a good price. 

Understood 

I will have to have a look at my pricing then I guess what would you price the lot for out of interest new to second hand buying thought I was underpricing by quite a lot as it was but guess not 

No one buys bulk deals unless the price is REALLY good.

You have some items which will sell on their own like the  i4 and gun find the RRP for what people can get for them new knock 25% off them maybe add an accessory or two to sweeten the deal and they will sell. 

Part it out be upfront about paypal fees an or postage costs. Currently your bundle includes 3 sets of eye pro? Part out the grenades, mags, eye pro, charger, 

4 minutes ago, Mike20090 said:

Understood 

I will have to have a look at my pricing then I guess what would you price the lot for out of interest new to second hand buying thought I was underpricing by quite a lot as it was but guess not 

I would put adverts out with the gun and mags separate, the eye pro separate etc.

When people sell in bundles it immediately eliminates people who already have most of the stuff in the bundle. The only way people would buy a bundle yet own similar things already is if the price is so cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Musica said:

No one buys bulk deals unless the price is REALLY good.

You have some items which will sell on their own like the  i4 and gun find the RRP for what people can get for them new knock 25% off them maybe add an accessory or two to sweeten the deal and they will sell. 

Part it out be upfront about paypal fees an or postage costs. Currently your bundle includes 3 sets of eye pro? Part out the grenades, mags, eye pro, charger, 

Roger I’ll have another look at it tonight yer I put three diffeeent in there just to cater for every need but guess that wasn’t the best idea 

4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I would put adverts out with the gun and mags separate, the eye pro separate etc.

When people sell in bundles it immediately eliminates people who already have most of the stuff in the bundle. The only way people would buy a bundle yet own similar things already is if the price is so cheap. 

Thanks for the advice I’ll have another think about it tonight 

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Mike20090 said:

plus someone would get a lot of kit for not a lot of money

Everyone else[*] would get nothing.

[*] Assuming that you actually dispatch to the winner.  You're an anonymous internet presence: how would you be held to account?

If you want to sell your gear, you'll have to split and/or drop the price.

Have you asked if anyone at your local site is interested?  Could you turn up with an Everything Must Go sign?

I had a look at the advert, and agree with Roger.  Split it up and revise the pricing.

As a rule of thumb, 60-70% of current retail price for a gun and about 50% for the other bits and pieces.  But would depend on rarity and desireablility.

You will struggle to find someone who wants exactly what you wanted when you bought that gear.

• Supporters

+1 to ALL previous comments , sorry bud but no one will buy a bundle like yours unless you were to drop the price very dramatically (as in practically giving it away) your only going to sell if you split it all up AND accept your not going to get near new or even close too prices for your kit .

Pricing comes down to are you ;

A going to wait potentially for wks or mths even to ‘hopefully’ get a higher asking price ?

or

B be willing to take the low hit sell the kit at a ‘market’ price and at least get rid of it and guarantee you’ll get some money back on it ? 

Balls in your garden bud .

Getting someone to want everything in the bundle is a long shot and unless priced so that the buyer could peice out what he dosnt want and get a return for their effort of the extra work then no one is going to want to do it. I have noticed though (and even bought 1 of the items) that the advice already given has been taken on board and individual listings have been made. Cudo's for asking before just steaming ahead and listening to sound advice

Archived