Sub compact pistols

Resistor170
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone tell me how they rate their sub compacts performance wise? I'm not after long range obviously or superb accuracy or upgradability. I would plan on only using as a secondary and rarely at that so as long as they aren't completely useless I think they would fit the bill.

Are they any less or more reliable than a full sized gbb

I have a 4.5mm Walther PPS m2 and love the little thing. It's about half blowback which I expect and can put up with no problem. I really thought I had seen a 6mm version somewhere online in the states but cannot find anything now.

I'm looking at the TM g26, anyone own one? 

Also I believe Sig are going to start making their own airsoft guns and so will be anticipating their p365. 

I have found a topic on this but back from 2015 and not quite covering what I want to know. Any input would be great, suggestions too. Ta

Best performing compact I've had that works really well all year is the tm usp. It's not the smallest but it's worth the size payoff compared to the tm g26. 

I have a WE G26, whilst not a TM G26 it's a lot of fun and a nice size to carry + shoot.

Externally very similar bar materials and the full auto option.

Sadly the WE version is different internally to the TM. Sadly because the TM one allows for a Guarder hop which accepts a Maple i-key which makes a huge difference in performance regarding hop capability (due to the i-key install). I don't know of a hop unit that fits the WE version other than what it comes with (it's slightly different to the bigger models which all seem to have the same hop unit). I did make a little ghetto hop pad to get it to hop heavier bbs accurately (security cap ring of a bottle of buxton water iirc).

15 shots is fine, can take a longer mag if desired. It's as reliable as it's bigger counterparts.

I'm about to receive a compact 1911 by AW. I have no idea how it will perform yet.

I have a Marushin Derringer too and that happily spits out 0.28 at a decent range on green gas.

Only two shots though :lol: But about 125 from one refill! Fairly accurate considering! Slight deviation for over under barrel config.

Adolf Hamster has done a review on the Makarov which is pretty compact and he likes it a lot.

I guess I haven't really answered your question but in terms of compacts I'd say go for it.

They can do what they need to do; make people shout "HIT!" ;)

• Supporters

I’ve got a KSC 26c , I’m not a fan of Glocks (95%look the same just a different number !😳) but I do love this one it’s an absolute laugh to use as it full auto , it’s mental ! It’ll empty it’s 13rd mag in under 3 secs and an extend 50 in something like 6secs ! Does put a smile on ones face when you fire it on full and it scares the living bejesus out of the opposition ! 😈🤣🤣🤣

1035A64F-F4F2-47E9-8C56-B95C7D6A4475.jpeg

Thanks for all that info, it was good to read through. A derringer...excellent! I had seen these and wondered if anyone used them. 

Well so far nobody has said they are useless and won't reach 10m so I'm happy. I do like the makarov but I think I'd rather get that's a as 4.5mm plinker or I'd feel abliged to build a whole loadout and extra primary around it which I don't want to do.....just yet. 

I am focusing on a sub compact rather than a compact on this occasion to the point where performance gains of a compact won't matter to me. But that said I will still take on board and especially the TM usp for the future.

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve got a KSC 26c , I’m not a fan of Glocks (95%look the same just a different number !😳) but I do love this one it’s an absolute laugh to use as it full auto , it’s mental ! It’ll empty it’s 13rd mag in under 3 secs and an extend 50 in something like 6secs ! Does put a smile on ones face when you fire it on full and it scares the living bejesus out of the opposition ! 😈🤣🤣🤣

1035A64F-F4F2-47E9-8C56-B95C7D6A4475.jpeg

A pocket monster! Ha I imagine nobody would expect what was about to come their way 🤯. Unfortunately I can't bend my head around to liking full auto pistols yet. I know they exist in RS and I am sure they are a lot of fun, maybe I'll see the light the day I try one. 

Thanks for the picture, I do like the look of glocks and that is why I want one, it's also why I will own only one ha. And at the moment it seems it might be a 26

• Supporters

I hated my We G26c, looked different to your usual Glock, but it just didn’t work or feel correct.

• Supporters

Guess it depends on how small you mean, the we makarov is a fair bit smaller than your average service style pistol but much bigger than some of the really tiny stuff out there. That said, it might not be really tiny but it sure does shoot good when its not freezing.

The TM Detonics .45 is just about as much fun as you can have with a gbb pistol imho.

43 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Guess it depends on how small you mean, the we makarov is a fair bit smaller than your average service style pistol but much bigger than some of the really tiny stuff out there. That said, it might not be really tiny but it sure does shoot good when its not freezing.

IMG_20190326_224841.jpg.c287aaa581aa538ace34451304ed2867.jpg

PPS m2 with a CZ75 sp01 shadow. The pps is very slim too (police pistol slim) They are single stack magazines. 

IMG_20190326_224202.thumb.jpg.82313b1ac5dc32708e192a32606a377d.jpg

And again with a g26 or 43 or 42 I think

IMG_6387-675x900.thumb.jpeg.9898eb94b4e6759fd07b03c4ffc87524.jpeg

There are a lot about in RS and only a few made in airsoft with compacts seeming to be a better option (we don't need to conceal our rifs on a game site 🤔) Makarov may well fit the bill but haven't held one yet.

20 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

The TM Detonics .45 is just about as much fun as you can have with a gbb pistol imho.

Yes I have flirted with the detonics for a couple of years. Choice of finishes too which is a bonus

The tm detonics is a nice little shooter and although it functions in extreme cold it is lackluster. That said I never tried black in it to give it some extra pep. I did get a traded WE ct25 as a tiny back up. It's incredibly cool but doesn't work in the cold. As standard although it will shoot inaccurately past 10m ( modded mine ,can get about a head size target 10m and body at 15m) and if you do hit someone it's often they don't feel it . Also hilariously tiny.IMG_20190208_104959_514.thumb.jpg.a8ac46b6185b9f580e6d53a8785702c1.jpg2143886038_IMG_20190201_1737442.thumb.jpg.d2bf0ab47f3c77f327f6fe9f1bd42340.jpg

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Prisce said:

I hated my We G26c, looked different to your usual Glock, but it just didn’t work or feel correct.

Agree with you about the ‘feel’ of them being off , mine just doesn’t feel right with a flush fitting mag , the pistol grip feels too short but it’s ok with the mag that has the grip extension on it .

2 hours ago, heroshark said:

The tm detonics is a nice little shooter and although it functions in extreme cold it is lackluster. That said I never tried black in it to give it some extra pep. I did get a traded WE ct25 as a tiny back up. It's incredibly cool but doesn't work in the cold. As standard although it will shoot inaccurately past 10m ( modded mine ,can get about a head size target 10m and body at 15m) and if you do hit someone it's often they don't feel it . Also hilariously tiny.IMG_20190208_104959_514.thumb.jpg.a8ac46b6185b9f580e6d53a8785702c1.jpg2143886038_IMG_20190201_1737442.thumb.jpg.d2bf0ab47f3c77f327f6fe9f1bd42340.jpg

Really like the baby colt. Very cool. Nice scales.

38 minutes ago, heroshark said:

the wood effect just wasn't classy enough so had to make my own

Well you've done a fine job. 👍 Curious where did you find a silver one in stock please?

I can only find a black one at the moment. Wolf Armouries had them at Christmas but

don't seem to have restocked them since (except black and no spare mags).

33 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Ah cool. I'll try it on my next order. :lol: (I should have looked there! DOH!!!)

That's where my AW compact 1911 is coming from, just waiting for it to clear customs.

Thanks for the link 👍

This is the one I'm waiting on (can't wait - have to wait :lol:):

0006_7.thumb.png.8bdc37605683e794d8d48bd1ea665c77.png

4 hours ago, Immortal said:

Ah cool. I'll try it on my next order. :lol: (I should have looked there! DOH!!!)

That's where my AW compact 1911 is coming from, just waiting for it to clear customs.

Thanks for the link 👍

This is the one I'm waiting on (can't wait - have to wait :lol:😞

This is niiice

5 hours ago, Immortal said:

Thanks for the link 👍

This is the one I'm waiting on (can't wait - have to wait :lol:😞

I was very close to buying a Detonics and/or the AW Compact. But then I saw the prototype TM V10 and am waiting for that. My Strike Warrior will have to do until then. At least I got the mags for it already! 

Archived