Most Glorious WE makarov

Adolf Hamster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

54 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Are you pushing from the right or left side? It should be pushed from the left.

Mine was pretty damn stiff when it was new, but as is the nature of pins it wears looser pretty damn quickly if you tinker with the hop as much as i do.

From the left if the muzzle is pointed toward you

I think left/right is always considered looking down sights.  ie holding the weapon in the operating orientation.

As said, mine is push from right.

55 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I think left/right is always considered looking down sights.  ie holding the weapon in the operating orientation.

MIne appears to be the same as the hole is bigger.  I think I may have bent the pin as lets face it its not going to be the best quality metal is it? I have it mostly out just need to get some pliers to it

• Supporters
8 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

From the left if the muzzle is pointed toward you

8 hours ago, EDcase said:

^this, although strange yours goes the other way, mine's very definite as the pin has a roughened end.

7 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

MIne appears to be the same as the hole is bigger.  I think I may have bent the pin as lets face it its not going to be the best quality metal is it? I have it mostly out just need to get some pliers to it

it does wear out very quickly, mine almost drops free now. if it gets too bad i'll look into getting a bigger pin for it.

On 10/03/2020 at 11:18, Adolf Hamster said:

Just the generic maple leaf red one, cant remember how i obtained it.

Does it sit under that small piece of metal they call the hop arm or does it replace it entirely? Part 009 for reference

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Does it sit under that small piece of metal they call the hop arm or does it replace it entirely? Part 009 for reference

Just sits underneath, you have to poke it a bit to get it centralised

• 7 months later...

@Adolf HamsterMajor bumpage.  I have got the hop unit back together and everything is in place but for some reason when I fire the slide lock engages after every shot - any ideas?

The one on the left side thats attached to that little plastic piece?  Nope I glued that sucker on.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

The one on the left side thats attached to that little plastic piece?  Nope I glued that sucker on.

The one that holds the slide release down, has a habit of slipping off the wee tab on the slide release.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The one that holds the slide release down, has a habit of slipping off the wee tab on the slide release.

Hmm might be missing that - which part number is it? You got a pic also?

Nope not ever seen a spring on that bit so I must be missing it - any chance you have a photo of the spring or the part number?  Cheers

Struggling to see which piece you mean on the exploded diagram.

• Supporters

I'll try and grab a pic later.

The spring is nested in the left side of the trigger unit, it shouldnt fall out unless you remove the whole thing.

One end sits on the slide lock holds it down, so i'm assuming if its slipped off then the catch is jumping up when firing.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'll try and grab a pic later.

The spring is nested in the left side of the trigger unit, it shouldnt fall out unless you remove the whole thing.

One end sits on the slide lock holds it down, so i'm assuming if its slipped off then the catch is jumping up when firing.

That makes sense - thanks I appreciate it, sorry for being a pain

Its certainly a fiddly wee brute to get back together.  Will keep an eye out when I get home for those pics - cheers again

Found that spring, god its miniscule

All fixed and can now actually hop .3s.  Thanks for the help.  Learnt a lot about the platform.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Found that spring, god its miniscule

Yeah its just the very tip sits on the slide catch to hold it down.

Thank god it doesnt go walkies as long as you leave the trigger unit in.

Had the chance to blast away in daylight with the new nub and I key yesterday - sending .3s a good 40m without the barrel extension (I can't find it).  Gas efficiency still shit in this weather but overall a hell of an improvement.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.