Thoughts on the Xcortech XT301 tracer unit?

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

been looking at getting one of these for my pistol mainly for looks because it is so small but also because I would like to make ridiculous Starwars noises while shooting it 😁 so if anyone has one could you give me your general impressions and thoughts on it or recommendations on a better model

Thanks 

Solly

Can't give you any first hand experience, but people rave about it, if not only for its ridiculous battery life and fast emergency charging.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

But ridiculously fragile and a high failure rate

Oh really? Wow, didn't hear anything of this... That's worrying. Glad I stuck with my Lighter.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Seven said:

Oh really? Wow, didn't hear anything of this... That's worrying. Glad I stuck with my Lighter.

Yeah I can get them cheap but won't get anymore as they just keep breaking. Slightest drop and they break along where the threading is.

Also know of a few that just stopped charging. 

Work great when working but build quality of the unit is not good.

10 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yeah I can get them cheap but won't get anymore as they just keep breaking. Slightest drop and they break along where the threading is.

Also know of a few that just stopped charging. 

Work great when working but build quality of the unit is not good.

Good to know, thanks for the insight!

I am another fan of the Acetech Lighter!

Thanks to advise from @L3wisD I picked one up the other week, and got it's first use at UCAP Bunker. Performed faultlessly and easily kept up with my 26 RPS 😁

I think I'm going to pick up the 'Lighter S' for my pistol next month. 

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Lighter-S worked well for me last day out.  However, I agree with @Seven that it actually looks a bit peculiar on a pistol - it's too dinky.

Thought you had an issue with at tracer last time?  

I was thinking of the lighter-S for my SMG EVO.

5 minutes ago, Musica said:

I was thinking of the lighter-S for my SMG EVO.

Lighter S looks great, to me, on some weapons... I saw it in Rogers Mp5K and and it looked good, like it was supposed to be there... But on a pistol it looks queer af. Next game day you can check them both out, the S and the Regular and see what looks best for you. They both perform the same.

Roger and I are both booked for the 14th but Roger might be there on the 31st if my memory is serving me today...

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Musica said:

Ah, that turned out to be the wobbly front end on my MP5K.  The Lighter-S itself was fine, I swapped it to my G36 and it performed like a champ.  I believe my delivered-today Grock has an 11mm CW thread, so I should be able to use it on that as well with the adapter (if Yodel hasn't just flung it into a bush).

And yes, I'll be in at the Depot this Friday the 31st and again on the 14th if we want to compare sizes.

29 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ah, that turned out to be the wobbly front end on my MP5K.  The Lighter-S itself was fine, I swapped it to my G36 and it performed like a champ.  I believe my delivered-today Grock has an 11mm CW thread, so I should be able to use it on that as well with the adapter (if Yodel hasn't just flung it into a bush).

And yes, I'll be in at the Depot this Friday the 31st and again on the 14th if we want to compare sizes.

Thought I seen you with a G36 thought  you had mugged a rental or something. 

Thanks for the help guys going to make my future purchasing decisions easier and probably save me money (to be spent of different toys not really saved). Still waiting on Ukara. I will message them on Wednesday if I don't have it by then as I want to get to that game on the 14th so I'm sure they won't mind an enquiry so I can book to go back sooner. 

I guess the advice in the thread is don't get the xcortech unit but my friend just got a nurpol unit RIP.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Musica said:

Thought I seen you with a G36 thought  you had mugged a rental or something

Nah, I got a tan G36C to be different, then they only went and switched to them as rental guns. :D

With a solid outer barrel, the Lighter-S worked great and made a huge difference to both larks and accuracy.

Still waiting on UKARA from the 17th?  I would chase them up about that, it only took a few days to get mine.

Actually, it's the Depot that comes up with the number, so you could just ask them for that.  A retailer can confirm it with them directly, they're pretty responsive on Facebook.  Or Martin (I believe) who works in Adventure1 in Glasgow marshals at the Depot as well, so they're pretty cosy.

53 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Nah, I got a tan G36C to be different, then they only went and switched to them as rental guns. :D

With a solid outer barrel, the Lighter-S worked great and made a huge difference to both larks and accuracy.

Still waiting on UKARA from the 17th?  I would chase them up about that, it only took a few days to get mine.

Actually, it's the Depot that comes up with the number, so you could just ask them for that.  A retailer can confirm it with them directly, they're pretty responsive on Facebook.  Or Martin (I believe) who works in Adventure1 in Glasgow marshals at the Depot as well, so they're pretty cosy.

half their  guns are black half are tan.

What did they have before the g36c? I will chase on wednesday I can't order till Friday waiting on payday to get the last of my funds for it anyway so don't want to bother them. 

4 hours ago, Musica said:

half their  guns are black half are tan.

What did they have before the g36c? I will chase on wednesday I can't order till Friday waiting on payday to get the last of my funds for it anyway so don't want to bother them. 

They had AK's before the 36's.

21 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Lighter-S worked well for me last day out.  However, I agree with @Seven that it actually looks a bit peculiar on a pistol - it's too dinky.

Do what I did....

• Get a regular suppressor that you like the look of.
  • Take innards out.
  • Replace with tracer.

I used the below post as a guide which worked just as well with the lighter S with some buffering on the sides to fit snuggly

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoLqSNOnxNh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Archived