Shipping RIF from Hong Kong. How?

QuadCrampz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Im having a hard time with a company called hobbyking in shipping a GBB M&P pistol over from HongKong as they've said that their couriers wont ship it due to "restrictions". I then spoke to one of their customer service lot and they said that i could try to find an independent courier willing to collect it from their warehouse and ship it to the UK.

I have a valid ukara and wondered if anyone has used a courier service they could recommend to get an item from HK to GB? 

thanks in advance 

• Supporters

It is eye opening seeing the prices that these toys sell for out in the Far East versus what they go for here.

Bear in mind that you'll be pumped not just for shipping, but also a random amount of import duty as well, and then depending on which courier is used within the UK (don't expect to be told the truth about this beforehand), you might get double-teamed by them charging you another £15 or more for the privilege of them doing the job that they've already been paid to do.

Given the delay, cost, delay, hassle, uncertainty and delay, it's not a process that I'm keen on, especially if the vendor isn't bothered about selling to you in the first place.

Yeah by the time you've add al costs on the price difference will be non existent and no warranty 

Simple rule for buying stuff from HK  if its not WGC Shop - dont bother.  Plus all of what the others have said already.  Only exception is if you absolutely cant get it in teh UK.

HK prices are silly cheap though compared to here, noticed that when I was there last year.

Thanks for the massive reception guys, loads of really good advice! I'm gonna stick to EvilMonkee's suggestion:

25 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Simple rule for buying stuff from HK  if its not WGC Shop - dont bother.  Plus all of what the others have said already.

Definitely makes sense that it would be a back-handed system considering how reluctant the seller was to ship it.

Cheers for reaching out and saving me a metric shit-tonne of hassle gang! 

Hobbyking are a good shop (excellent for batteries and flash sales), but yeah, they refuse to ship any RIF from outside the UK to here. Best bet is to buy within the EU (ha), making sure to have your UKARA # on the box and on the documents, as Border Patrol have given very ambiguous answers over the years if they'll accept any other defence.

My Standard practice is to include my UKARA number as part of my address block rather than rely on a retailer writing it on.  

British public, getting stiffed since year dot.

Archived