New player (London)

Jaime
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello chaps,

After a few years living in London, I really was looking forward to retake airsoft, as I use to play back in my country. Unfortunately I'm finding a bit difficult to find an airsoft community here in london.  I'm a solo player and my friends are not into airsoft. I have searched a lot info about airsoft places in London, but couldn't get in contact with any airsoft group. I would be very much appreciated if you could lead me to any airsoft community London based, as I'm very excited for retaking this hobbie. 

Thank you, and have a great day. 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Hi Jaime

What part of London are you from? I'm not who is based near the south but there are a fair few of us in North London. 

I live in Ealing, west London, Robert!

23 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Hi Jaime

What part of London are you from? I'm not who is based near the south but there are a fair few of us in North London. 

Robert, I would like to fire some questions, where abouts are you guys going to play? So far I just found two places, whitechapel and bunker 51. Are any outdoor games in London or only cqc kind of thing? 

• Supporters

If you come just outside the M25 there are literally tens of sites to choose from. 

If you search the forum for Airsoft Site Map, you should find a link one of our members made a page with them all plotted on.

35 minutes ago, Jaime said:

Robert, I would like to fire some questions, where abouts are you guys going to play? So far I just found two places, whitechapel and bunker 51. Are any outdoor games in London or only cqc kind of thing? 

Whitechapel one closed down, and I've not heard the best things about Bunker 51. But each to their own. I usually go to Airsoft Plantation if I can't find anywhere else to go. There are many CQB sites around you just need to find them. I didn't enjoy Red1 Watford. 

Most of the CQB sites bar Red1, hockley and bunker 51 will probably be more than 1hr drive for you. As they are for me 

57 minutes ago, Jaime said:

Pretty sure Whitechapel is closed.

56 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Whitechapel one closed down, and I've not heard the best things about Bunker 51. But each to their own. I usually go to Airsoft Plantation if I can't find anywhere else to go. There are many CQB sites around you just need to find them. I didn't enjoy Red1 Watford. 

Most of the CQB sites bar Red1, hockley and bunker 51 will probably be more than 1hr drive for you. As they are for me 

Unfortunately I don't drive, so that makes pretty difficult traveling outside London. Also I haven't got the Ukara license yet, as in my country its not required for playing. I'm looking forward to get it ASAP, that's why I need some light in how to start, where and with who, as its so complicated to start as a solo player! Thanks for the help guys 

48 minutes ago, Jaime said:

Unfortunately I don't drive, so that makes pretty difficult traveling outside London. Also I haven't got the Ukara license yet, as in my country its not required for playing. I'm looking forward to get it ASAP, that's why I need some light in how to start, where and with who, as its so complicated to start as a solo player! Thanks for the help guys 

You best get your 'license' in order!

FB_IMG_1553364773842.jpg

Welcome.

As said if you can find a way to travel there's loads of woodland sites just out of London in every direction.

It is tricky without wheels. It adds to the expense but you could get a taxi from the nearest train station to a site.

A couple of sites offer a pickup service but not many.

1 hour ago, Jaime said:

West London makes it quite hard to get to Woodland sites as the easiest ones in reach of public transport are in Essex. 

You do not need a UKARA number to play. Only to purchase RIFS. 

The easiest woodland site to get to in London is Red 1 Chislehurst. Its small but you get what you can take in London.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.  You could try Reforger.  Just north of Watford or Skirmish in High Wycombe.

Both would be about 1h 40 depending where in Ealing you are, using a combination of Tube, train and bus.

Cheers

G

I live just outside Watford so if you ever want to go reforger, High Wycombe or The outpost and I'm free let me know. You can get a cheap ride on the tube to Watford Station and I could pick up from there.

2 hours ago, Keldon said:

I live just outside Watford so if you ever want to go reforger, High Wycombe or The outpost and I'm free let me know. You can get a cheap ride on the tube to Watford Station and I could pick up from there.

Thank you so much Keldon, I definitely will drop you a message, hopefully sooner than later! 

3 hours ago, MisterG said:

Hi

Welcome to the forum.  You could try Reforger.  Just north of Watford or Skirmish in High Wycombe.

Both would be about 1h 40 depending where in Ealing you are, using a combination of Tube, train and bus.

Cheers

G

Thank you Mister G! I will definitely have a look! 

Welcome Jamie I'm from just down the Rd in Shepherds Bush and in the same boat with transport, I'll probably be heading to Reforger not this Sunday as it's mothers day but the following Sunday if you want to tag along And to any others 

Welcome! I've heard nothing but great stuff about Airsoft Plantation if you can grab a lift off someone... Plan to go for a day there this Summer myself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2019 at 20:02, Keldon said:

@Jamie @bully78 are you still going to reforger this weekend, as I might be going too

Unfortunately not as had a family event I forgot about. But I am going next weekend  I may even dress up for it as it's the Easter Egg hunt day 😁

That's okay I missed out too forgot it was on Saturday and not Sunday. At least I realised before I left the house this morning 

• Supporters

If you live North West London probably your actual closest site is Red1 The School in Kings Langley.

They have a 3 storey school building and a wood land site off of it as well.

And Reforger Airsoft too

Anyone going this weekend? 

Archived