MP7 - which one?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've tried search and come up blank so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

I have developed a hankering for an mp7. Partly because I want a full size Uzi, but there aren't any and I see this as the next best thing.
But I am torn between the two TM offerings. (I'm aware that Umarex are bringing out an AEG, but it's too much at £430)
Does anyone have any experience of both the TM MP7 AEP & the TM MP7 GBB ?
If I get the AEP, it would be used as a back up for my Sniper/DMR and in CQB.
If I got the GBB, it would be used as above, but also as a primary (with HPA and possibly a drum mag).
I love GBBs. They're lots of fun to shoot and the HPA option will give me flexibility for woodland too.
I also love AEG's - but this is an AEP, so it's unknown territory for me.
What's the battery life like - is it actually competitive in the use cases I'm planning on it.
I've seen a lot of positive reviews of the mp7 gbb, but not much from users.
And reviews of the AEP are even rarer, let alone user reviews.
Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

I've had a play with a TM GBB and it's a fantastic bit of kit! However (and i know how ironic this sounds, as we are running around with expensive toys) 

The fact that it's not the full real steel size just puts me off, obviously just my opinion and probably my loss as it really is a great performer. (but it really is a dinky little thing)

I haven't heard great things about the VFC GBB, but then again I haven't used one myself so can't really comment. 

The AEG that's coming out soon certainly looks awesome, but it will be interesting to see how well it performs out of the box, especially when I assume many of the internal parts would be proprietary? 

11 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

I've had a play with a TM GBB and it's a fantastic bit of kit! However (and i know how ironic this sounds, as we are running around with expensive toys) 

The fact that it's not the full real steel size just puts me off, obviously just my opinion and probably my loss as it really is a great performer. (but it really is a dinky little thing)

I haven't heard great things about the VFC GBB, but then again I haven't used one myself so can't really comment. 

The AEG that's coming out soon certainly looks awesome, but it will be interesting to see how well it performs out of the box, especially when I assume many of the internal parts would be proprietary? 

I didn't realise the TM MP7 wasn't 1:1 ... any idea how close it is?

The TM GBB isn't full size but it does perform well even in the UK. This video has it pitted against a few Scars from well known brands as it's a bit insne how well it does if it was a video titled "TM MP7 honest review" I'd be sceptical of the results they are that good.

2 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

90-95%

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

As mentioned I think it's about 10% smaller mate.

Something to do with the fact they based their design on some H&K measurements that weren't to scale!?

3 minutes ago, Musica said:

The TM GBB isn't full size but it does perform well even in the UK. This video has it pitted against a few Scars from well known brands as it's a bit insne how well it does if it was a video titled "TM MP7 honest review" I'd be sceptical of the results they are that good.

90-95%

Thanks for the vid, I'll check it out.
So if it's 90/95% I wonder what the craic is with holsters....

• Supporters

The Tm Gbb performs best out of all of those, I have played with a guy who just uses an MP7 and he can really compete with it.

Typical Marui build quality, and extremely effective.  

What ever you do, don’t buy the WE/Small rice MP7, it’s a pile of shite.

If you want a gas MP7, the TM is everything you could want.

Think MWS performance - really - awesome controls and loads lighter.

No experience on the AEPs soz

26 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If you want a gas MP7, the TM is everything you could want.

Think MWS performance - really - awesome controls and loads lighter.

No experience on the AEPs soz

What do you do to mod the hop?.

Cos I would like a 60m laser! 😄

Love my TM mp7. I run mine as a primary for CQB or as a secondary with a TMC retention holster when sniping. Fantastic little thing. Really snappy with great range and accuracy 

I bought a brand mew TM Mp7 after a lot of deliberation and asking questions on here. It really is the bogs dollox... 

Snappy, feels right for something dinky looking and shoots perfectly straight. I have not had to adjust or set any hop at all. Shoots .25s stupidly straight from opening the box. Used it at The Mall 3 or 4 times last year before it closed and it never let me down once. Had a LOT of appreciation in the field from it too. 

Have never used it outside as I bought an EVO and Krytac Vector last year too and used these in woodland but cannot wait for the weather to warm up so I can use the MP7 in a game or two...

My ONLY criticism are the mags. Being Gas they are all low caps and much heavier than the 2 plastic hi caps I usually take out, but this is my problem as I like to take minimal gear out with me and cant be arsed taking loads of mags out in a game.

I would recommend all day long. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
11 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

TM Mp7... It really is the bogs dollox... 

Snappy, feels right for something dinky looking and shoots perfectly straight. I have not had to adjust or set any hop at all. Shoots .25s stupidly straight from opening the box. Used it at The Mall 3 or 4 times last year before it closed and it never let me down once. Had a LOT of appreciation in the field from it too. 

I can confirm this. Albi let be have a go on his MP7 at The Mall last October - it's incredible.

The TM MP7 has been on "The List" ever since :)

Nothing really to add to the praise already laid out for the TM Gas MP7.

It does exactly what it says on the box. Great little GGB, I use it as a secondary when Sniping for a little more "poke" than a Pistol.

(and also the WOW factor when on full auto 😉 )

3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I can confirm this. Albi let be have a go on his MP7 at The Mall last October - it's incredible.

The TM MP7 has been on "The List" ever since :)

Did I??

haha I honestly can NOT recall this :D 

3 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

It does exactly what it says on the box. Great little GGB, I use it as a secondary when Sniping for a little more "poke" than a Pistol.

(and also the WOW factor when on full auto 😉 )

Gosh yeah full auto is MENTAL... I have used it once as a laugh, such a little beast!

WIsh I had never sold my TM GBB MP7.  Says it all really :(

Archived