Can an Airstock be fitted to a G3?

chris5887
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The real question is would it ruin the look more than an airline?

My vote is yes

The hampster is spot on ,

and if I saw you in the car park I’d run you over for even suggesting such heresy ! 😱

M4 style stock only fit the G3 with an adapter. There is still the issue of the length of the adapter. You add a few inches more onto the G3 because of the design, and a pre-made M4 kit might have tubes that are a little short.

LCT bodies use a slightly different shape to the real steel G3. If you fit a real steel wood kit the real steel adapter needs to be swapped to the LCT one.

You can modify the steel body to accept real steel back plates, but then the LCT ones don't fit correctly. 

Or you could buy the LCT that already has the adapter installed, So you know it fits, and know you can buy other LCT stocks in the future and swap between without any issues.

The LCT LC-3AR AEG is the only model that comes with this adapter and stock pre-installed. I've not seen one for sale in the UK yet but HKTiger111 have them for sale.

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p37350/LCT-LC-3AR-AEG-Rifle-(Black)/product_info.html

That model doesn't look as good as the standard G3 to me. And It's already a heavy gun in the standard format, so the addition of that RIS, and the Loss of the stock weight may cause the rifle to be very unwieldy.

The other option is buying a Standard G3 and the adapter plate. You would still need to swap the end caps but the advantage there is the end cap will be a direct fit with no modification.

There are still no guarantees the M4 kit will have long enough tubes for the Airstock, Or that it will look good when done. So You may end up having to search for airline extensions and fittings. And that depends on where the reg is placed. If it's on the bottle standard 10bar straight connectors will be fine, If it's on the gearbox you would need extended pipework. I don't know that system to comment.

https://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/m310/LCT-airsoft/p37169/LCT-LC-3-series-AEG-AR-Stock-Tube-(Black)/product_info.html

• 3 weeks later...

im going to be doing this hopefully in the next couple of weeks ,{not fitting an m4 stock!!!! }  im using  the wolverine wraith c02 stock , it should fit nicely inbetween the rails on the g3's sliding stock and held inplace with cable ties? or a custom mount of some sort ,  dont know i havent gotten there yet , still need parts to arrive but it will happen  , not even going to try on the full stock but idd say its a possibility but would have to split it in half and carve bits out and glue it back together .,  wouldnt dream of using an actual m4 stock on a g3 tho!! that is a big no no!!  

fitted my engine today , along with wraith c02 stock , really pleased with how its turning out ,  i just need to get hold of a metal butt/stock end cap and then the buffer tube can tighten down on to it nicely with a castle nut either side , at the moment theres only one castle style nut on the buffer tube and thats on the inside of the stock end cap , so the tube cant blow out but its able to move side to side but obviously the stock side rails are keeping it inline .unfinished but i can use it  tomo :) ,  very consistent considering its c02 , was getting a .5 difference in fps!!!  , so far so good! and its stupidly quiet! like putting the mk23 to shame quiet! which was my aim so im stoked!

DSCF0791.JPG

DSCF0793.JPG

DSCF0794.JPG

DSCF0796.JPG

Archived