Condor VT holster

Seven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone have any experience with the Condor VT holster?

I understand it will take a pistol flashlight no problem but will it also take a tracer unit too?

I'm struggling to find a suitable holster right now and DTD's new design is heavily delayed. I can't wait any longer...

I had one for my WE Glock 17 with x300.

It was OK - I wouldnt trust it at full sprint but for a general airsoft jog its OK.

I've moved to a Kydex system which I have done at full sprint and its not moved an inch. 

in terms of tracer, yes, that shouldn't be an issue either 

2 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

It was OK - I wouldnt trust it at full sprint but for a general airsoft jog its OK.

I've moved to a Kydex system which I have done at full sprint and its not moved an inch. 

You got a tracer on your kydex system? 

What worries me about kydex is not the price just finding someone who has a good model for the pistol/light combo I'd be using. Don't want to have to buy real steel 200 quid pistol lights for an airsoft pistol. 

2 hours ago, Musica said:

You got a tracer on your kydex system? 

What worries me about kydex is not the price just finding someone who has a good model for the pistol/light combo I'd be using. Don't want to have to buy real steel 200 quid pistol lights for an airsoft pistol. 

He will do you a very good holster for airsoft and any custom holster you want also

https://www.kydexcustomsuk.com/ 

Wow 20.50 for a delivered kydex trmr holster. That's tempting.  Still his hicapa holsters only support a x300 surefire or x300 u surefire torches guess I need to look at replicas for these. 

6 minutes ago, Musica said:

Wow 20.50 for a delivered kydex trmr holster. That's tempting.  Still his hicapa holsters only support a x300 surefire or x300 u surefire torches guess I need to look at replicas for these. 

He will do whatever you want

6 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

Thankfully my pistol won't be in the holster during actual play, it's just to hold it for short periods so I can quickly use my hands for other things.

Like last game day, I had to hold it between my thighs so I could refasten my chin strip that had come loose, very annoying.

Or if I need 2 hands for an objective etc.

Sounds like this is my holster for the job, at least until the DTD universal holster is ready, but I could be waiting till 2020/21 for that!

Just now, Seven said:

Thankfully my pistol won't be in the holster during actual play, it's just to hold it for short periods so I can quickly use my hands for other things.

Like last game day, I had to hold it between my thighs so I could refasten my chin strip that had come loose, very annoying.

Sounds like this is my holster for the job, at least until the DTD universal holster is ready, but I could be waiting till 2020/21 for that!

What is your pistol?

3 minutes ago, Seven said:

always nice to have somewhere to stick it while your bleeding out. 

1 minute ago, SgtTalbert said:

Just get a Kydex holster then for that setup

I would, but it's too 'scratchy'. I don't wanna spend my life polishing.

Just now, Seven said:

Ah, is your pistol polished? its a 2 piece design so if you asked, he could line internally with felt

Just now, Seven said:

Also tipple the price for occasional use. He runs it as primary so won't be in his holster much.  Also I've not seen kydex with a tracer unit before I'm sure it can be done but at more cost likely. 

Also not sure the VT would work with one see this time stamp

29 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Ah, is your pistol polished? its a 2 piece design so if you asked, he could line internally with felt

He would do that? I might need to drop him a line then.

How do they attach? With the viper/condor I would be forced to mount it to my vest which is not ideal. Would prefer a belt mount so it's a bit lower.

24 minutes ago, Musica said:

Also not sure the VT would work with one see this time stamp

Ya I thought the same thing but thankfully that inner strap is only velcroed in place and can be removed.

1 minute ago, Seven said:

He would do that? I might need to drop him a line then.

How do they attach? With the viper I would be forced to mount it to my best which is not ideal. Would prefer a belt mount so it's a bit lower.

Get a safariland setup and you can then attach it to whatever you wish, belt, drop leg, vest anything really.

Yeah, he makes anything. He's just done an MP9 holster.

Ive asked him to make me a IWB Glock17 holster with x300 and magazine holder (one unit) for £75

like this:

Light-Compatible Sidecar for a Glock 19 with Inforce APL and Trijicon RMR

1 hour ago, Musica said:

I got a clone from eBay, I can send you a link to the item and seller.

I messaged them a question about the item beforehand to ensure a timely response and they were very quick.

£34 delivered from China in about 2 weeks. Works like an absolute champ and it's stupid bright.

6 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Yeah, he makes anything. He's just done an MP9 holster.

But he will definitely line it with felt if I ask? Don't want to be told to 'fuckin do one' lol

4 minutes ago, Seven said:

I messaged them a question about the item beforehand to ensure a timely response and they were very quick.

£34 delivered from China in about 2 weeks. Works like an absolute champ and it's stupid bright.

But he will definitely line it with felt if I ask? Don't want to be told to 'fuckin do one' lol

He happily makes all sorts of custom holsters, hes even made one printed internally to look like lego. He wraps holsters in Cordura also. SO lining one with felt isnt even a stretch

2 hours ago, Seven said:

what batteries does it run on ? I assume cr123

Just now, Seven said:

Yup

Yes I would be very interested in this. Usually I don't mind paying for the good stuff but not paying more for a torch then the pistol it goes on.

16 minutes ago, Musica said:

Yes I would be very interested in this. Usually I don't mind paying for the good stuff but not paying more for a torch then the pistol it goes on.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401558273429

Screenshot_20190308-075943_eBay.thumb.jpg.099076466cd46605d96ae127c4579d9a.jpgScreenshot_20190308-080000_eBay.thumb.jpg.28c23b8d21ebd73ab2929265fbeab521.jpgScreenshot_20190308-080012_eBay.thumb.jpg.5c576d8c19c8022f8df1c8724ee4aec2.jpg

PS. You'll want to switch the glass out for some polycarbonate.

My glass got shot out in 10 minutes flat. Thankfully didn't damage the reflector or light itself.

You can get the required polycarbonate discs here for just over a quid plus shipping... And I had mine delivered within 2 days of ordering.

https://www.mpa-airsoft.co.uk/products/clear-polycarbonate-disc-26mm

16 minutes ago, Musica said:

added to my to buy list for when I get a pistol. Will be intesreted to know how the holster goes as well.

I'll let you know how it goes, whichever direction I decide to go...

I'll likely end up getting both in the end. One of them will do my primary capa and the other will be fine for my basic capa as a sidearm so they won't go to waste in any case, at least until DTD finish their product...

15 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

He happily makes all sorts of custom holsters, hes even made one printed internally to look like lego. He wraps holsters in Cordura also. SO lining one with felt isnt even a stretch

Well kydexcustom is a no-go...

Guess I'm stuck with the condor/viper until DTD finish their design in a couple of years 😥

Screenshot_20190322-091030_Facebook.thumb.jpg.78d46da92ff156f381804e8cf118fe1d.jpg

Archived