Condor VT holster

Seven
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

At least they say why they don't do it. They want to delivery quality products. They could very easily take your money and give you a poor product. 

35 minutes ago, Seven said:

Well kydexcustom is a no-go...

Guess I'm stuck with the condor/viper until DTD finish their design in a couple of years 😥

Screenshot_20190322-091030_Facebook.thumb.jpg.78d46da92ff156f381804e8cf118fe1d.jpg

That's a shame but at least you have the DTD back up eventually

I'm looking at the Blackhawk Omnivore but looks like it requires "modification" for barrel devices. For  the price of a kydex holster having to modify it yourself it's a bit much. 

I'd probably get the condor to tide you over since you know what you REALLY want. 

• Supporters

<Insert usual argle-barle about DIYing everything with your own Kydex and polycarb for 23p>

Have you considered slumming it with a universal textile holster? As you say, you'll only be using it to drop the pistol into briefly while you're "doing other things with your hands" (ewww).

Mine's a wrap around velcro effort that you simply size to the gun.  Open at the bottom, so shouldn't be an issue with the tracer unit.

If it holds my bloaty electro-1911 with a light on it (and it does) then it'll hold anything.  It's intended as a drop-leg rig, but it's not rocket surgery to secure just the holster itself to a belt or molle vest.  The retention strap over the top isn't exactly quick release, but it also does the job.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392238894202

21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

<Insert usual argle-barle about DIYing everything with your own Kyded and polycarb for 23p>

Have you considered slumming it with a universal textile holster? As you say, you'll only be using it to drop the pistol into briefly while you're "doing other things with your hands" (ewww).

Mine's a wrap around velcro effort that you simply size to the gun.  Open at the bottom, so shouldn't be an issue with the tracer unit.

If it holds my bloaty electro-1911 with a light on it (and it does) then it'll hold anything.  It's intended as a drop-leg rig, but it's not rocket surgery to secure just the holster itself to a belt or molle vest.  The retention strap over the top isn't exactly quick release, but it also does the job.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392238894202

Yup that's exactly the style I ordered... That's very much like the viper/condor efforts but they come without the drop leg.

Only downside is it's molle so I'll have to mount it on my vest which is gonna make it mega awkward to holster or draw but as you say, it's only now and then so I'll live with it for now.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Seven said:

Yup that's exactly the style I ordered

Derp, I should have googled "Condor VT holster" first. :D

Well, the good news is that it should work just fine.  Huh, I'd have preferred those molle straps rather than the drop-leg / belt loop attachments on my eBay generic special.  For the price of it, you could maybe take a punt on one of those too, to use for your backup 5.1 when you resurrect it from its own parts.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, the good news is that it should work just fine.  Huh, I'd have preferred those molle straps rather than the drop-leg / belt loop attachments on my eBay generic special.  For the price of it, you could maybe take a punt on one of those too, to use for your backup 5.1 when you resurrect it from its own parts.

why reload when you can draw a new pistol. 

DpHZzWY.gif?noredirect

26 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Now that I think about it... My old dear is a wizz with a sewing machine. I might ask her to stitch the molle straps on the holster into belt loops... Easily reversed if requirement's change later...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Seven said:

I might ask her to stitch the molle straps on the holster into belt loops

Oh, if you want to run it on a belt, no modification necessary.  Just feed the molle straps back underneath the 2nd and 3rd rows of loops, it'll be secure enough.

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, if you want to run it on a belt, no modification necessary.  Just feed the molle straps back underneath the 2nd and 3rd rows of loops, it'll be secure enough.

From what I see on pictures, there are no molle loops other than at the top and bottom of the holster, so 2 rows total, otherwise that was exactly my plan.

18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Not looky like this?

image.png.395fb2bcd6fbe3f3d00ca2561ed44687.png

I saw this... Guess I'll find out when it arrives. Either way I'll make it work.

Viper-Modular-Holster-Black-270514-3.JPG.832c8eb9908dc6ca25b9304a3bb2cfbb.JPG

7 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

If money is no option, get the Surefire HD1-R

Supports a lot of pistols, X300 series and takes suppressors

Image result for surefire holster

Sorry dude, didn't even see this post... That looks great but a little pricey for my usage scenario... Maybe a future purchase though... Especially if DTD's design fails.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Seven said:

I saw this... Guess I'll find out when it arrives. Either way I'll make it work.

Viper-Modular-Holster-Black-270514-3.JPG.832c8eb9908dc6ca25b9304a3bb2cfbb.JPG

Under both loops then, should be right.

Archived