MP5 rotary hop unit

BigStew
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Years ago i borrowed an mp5 with a rotary hop instead of the TM style hop. I have never been able to find out what make it was and never been able to find a similar set up. Anyone know what make has a rotary hop?

ICS perhaps?

Just a guess. Every MP5 Ive ever seen or used (and its been a lot, I love them an unhealthy amount) has had the TM style sliding stick hop in the ejection port or a lever in the foregrip. Ive had TM, CA, Cyma, JG and some others, only one Ive not had is ICS and I know theyre a sucker for proprietary parts.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

ICS perhaps?

Just a guess. Every MP5 Ive ever seen or used (and its been a lot, I love them an unhealthy amount) has had the TM style sliding stick hop in the ejection port or a lever in the foregrip. Ive had TM, CA, Cyma, JG and some others, only one Ive not had is ICS and I know theyre a sucker for proprietary parts.

Nope ICS doesn't use a rotary hop in the MP5 range. It will probably be a unit modified to fit.

On 20/03/2019 at 21:17, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nope ICS doesn't use a rotary hop in the MP5 range. It will probably be a unit modified to fit.

I was worried that was the case. It was great shooter.

So next question which mp5s have functioning ejection ports that aren't EBB.

• Supporters
On 20/03/2019 at 21:17, ImTriggerHappy said:

That's a damn shame, as the slidey hop in my MP5K goes off quicker than a politician's promise.  I've whipped a cable tie around the slide arm to put more tension on it, but it generally needs a lunchtime adjustment.

29 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's a damn shame, as the slidey hop in my MP5K goes off quicker than a politician's promise.  I've whipped a cable tie around the slide arm to put more tension on it, but it generally needs a lunchtime adjustment.

This is what puts me of AKs as well. Didn't actually know MP5s had one puts me off them even more!

MPX on the other hand.....

I think my Classic Army B&T MP5A2 has the rotary hop

(I'll post pics when I'm home later)

Its an old variant and not sure of the actual model because I bought it second hand.

I think its called the BT5A2

Its one of my better shooting AEG's too :D

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Got an old TM Mp5k somewhere will have look when I get chance to see what hops can be modded to fit.

34 minutes ago, EDcase said:

My Classic Army B&T MP5A2 has the rotary hop

(I'll post pics when I'm home later)

Its an old variant and not sure of the actual model because I bought it second hand.

I think its called the BT5A2

Its one of my better shooting AEG's too :D

Never really bothered with the B&T mp5s but the few I have opened have all been normal affair. Will try and track one of that model down for a look.

• Supporters

Might have been an UMP.

On mine the fix that worked is something I read here, but don't remember from who. It's for the one that has a tilting arm next to the barrel, not the one where you have to remove front end and slide the arm forward or back.

A little piece of a bonding tape between the arm and the outer barrel does the trick.

5 hours ago, Samurai said:

Might have been an UMP.

On mine the fix that worked is something I read here, but don't remember from who. It's for the one that has a tilting arm next to the barrel, not the one where you have to remove front end and slide the arm forward or back.

A little piece of a bonding tape between the arm and the outer barrel does the trick.

no it was MP5 SD6. 

Archived