Is it a compulsion?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

11 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

In the opposite direction - I'm overly drawn to boneyard and spares/repairs guns.

"This could be my bargain find!" 
"Hidden Treasure!"
"It might only need a new motor and/or Hop-up Rubber and/or spring"

Always not the case. They're being sold cheap for a reason

But still I want it!

I would say buying a cheap gun to tweak is different to buying above or around retail price of a gun because some muppet spent 200 in parts and thinks because it "fires bb's" it's acceptable to call it upgraded. 

Some people like working on old cars. It's a hobby in its self tweaking and getting stuff going maybe even flipping it for a profit. You don't buy a Ferrari and start messing around with the engine because you want 1% performance increase that might come at the cost of wearing out components much faster. 

Some people have warehouses of cars as well because they like to own /collect them same with the RIFs here. 

• Supporters

I was the same with guitars.

...and BBQ gear

...and comics

...and Star Wars stuff.

My name is Laurence....and I'm an addict. I've had G.A.S. for many years now (that's Gear Acquisition Syndrome for the uninitiated). This is my first meeting of gear hoarders anonymous.

Im not like this with airsoft, I dont play enough to justify loads of guns and am still stupidly happy with my last three purchases and have hardly used them.

I do however hoard trainers, and blagged another pair this morning, so I do understand the compulsions with collecting.

6 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Im not like this with airsoft, I dont play enough to justify loads of guns and am still stupidly happy with my last three purchases and have hardly used them.

I'd be interested to know what the difference is between lots and loads? Go on, admit it - you're in denial! 😂😂

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 11.33.47.png

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I'd be interested to know what the difference is between lots and loads? Go on, admit it - you're in denial! 😂😂

In a sentence:

I have lots of guns, over the years I have spent loads-a-money acquiring them.

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Erm.... Good question. Certainly more than I need, and more than I want and no where near as many as the mrs thinks I have... I am happy with what I have right now. I cant see myself buying anything new any time soon.

Krytac Vector

Krytac SPR

TM Mp7

MP9

Mp5K

TM MK23

ASG MK23

TM M9

Shotgun

Scorpion EVO

TM Biohazard Sentinal 9

CM16

I think thats it....

I only regularly skirmish the Evo, Vector and M9, MP7 if playing CQB and occasionally the TM Mk23 (if I ever fix it). The rest will eventually get sold as they are gathering dust or there as a back up.

Compared to 260 odd pairs of trainers I cant afford for airsoft to be another collection :P 

I just have the one, from maybe 2016?

It's everything else I hoard, I'll be adding to my wishlist in my Sig.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, L3wisD said:

In the opposite direction - I'm overly drawn to boneyard and spares/repairs guns.

"This could be my bargain find!" 
"Hidden Treasure!"
"It might only need a new motor and/or Hop-up Rubber and/or spring"

Always not the case. They're being sold cheap for a reason

But still I want it!

Yea I love the “only needs an x,y,z to fix it there really cheap and easy to pick up “ in that case why the f**k haven’t you done it then ! ?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Yea I love the “only needs an x,y,z to fix it there really cheap and easy to pick up “ in that case why the f**k haven’t you done it then ! ?

Can be good sometimes, if your like me and gutting and replacing gearbox internals is about as regular an occurence as finishing a magazine then it tends not to worry you too much :P

16 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Erm.... Good question. Certainly more than I need, and more than I want and no where near as many as the mrs thinks I have... I am happy with what I have right now. I cant see myself buying anything new any time soon.

Krytac Vector

Krytac SPR

TM Mp7

MP9

Mp5K

TM MK23

ASG MK23

TM M9

Shotgun

Scorpion EVO

TM Biohazard Sentinal 9

CM16

I think thats it....

I only regularly skirmish the Evo, Vector and M9, MP7 if playing CQB and occasionally the TM Mk23 (if I ever fix it). The rest will eventually get sold as they are gathering dust or there as a back up.

Compared to 260 odd pairs of trainers I cant afford for airsoft to be another collection :P 

Nice collection there and excellent taste! I have a few of them and another couple are on my latest shortlist 😄 

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Nice collection there and excellent taste! I have a few of them and another couple are on my latest shortlist 😄 

Its lots, as in more than I can use but not loads like some of the mental collections on here.

Most were impulse buys, and like I said I am more than happy just using the 4 right now!

Archived