Looking to get in to airsoft (durham)

Lbh96
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, I’m 22 year old male from County Durham UK, I’m wanting to get in to airsoft as a hobby. 

Many hints and tips would be great, I’m looking for information regarding best starting guns, and if anyone who is also from this area knows where there is good locations to get a running start from that’s be appreciated. Thanks guys 

Hi,

Have a look at the following link: http://www.airsoftmap.net/skirmish/

This will allow you to see loads of Airsoft sites in the uk. You are quite lucky being there is both woodland and CQB sites near you!

In terms of weapons, a GnG CM16 is always a solid starter gun. If you just want to play indoor CQB you could even look at purchasing a pistol instead, have a look at Hi-cappa range for indoor CQB. 

Best wishes,

Arda.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Have a read of all the pinned (sticky) topics in each section, i.e.:

Welcome,

My tip would be to hold off on a gun until you get your ukara sorted. This gives you time to play and see if you enjoy the hobby/sport before buying a two toned gun which you will have trouble selling on should you drop out or want to upgrade. Plenty of kit to buy before a gun as well. 

Number 1 eye/face protection as this is mandatory to play so if you want to use your own equipment you will need it. Don't use saftey glasses for DIY do your research as this is YOUR protection so you need to decide what risks you are ok with taking. Personally I wear full seal goggles. 

Number 2 boots especially outdoors as it provides ankle support but in doors the bbs pile up and it's like walking on marbles some times. 

Number 3 gloves, finger / knuckle shots are some of the most painful. A commonly recommended pair is mechanix m-pact. 

Number 4 A sling, even on a rental gun it helps when your dead not having to carry the rifle . 

Number 5. A BFG (Blank firing grenade) not cheap can run you up to £100 but you don't need ukara to get one. 

Archived