Magnum panther 8.0 boots

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m in the market for some new boots and these are in my price range, has anybody here used them? 

Interested to to know how long they’ve lasted of so. 

Any other recommendations in this price range I should consider? 

• Supporters

While I can't tell you what will suit you, I'm loving my Belleville tactical research boots, as for the magnums, don't bother, the last 4 or 5 I've owned (my work paid for them), have been crap, the quality/longevity of magnums has gone downhill rapidly in the last few years ☹️

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

While I can't tell you what will suit you, I'm loving my Belleville tactical research boots, as for the magnums, don't bother, the last 4 or 5 I've owned (my work paid for them), have been crap, the quality/longevity of magnums has gone downhill rapidly in the last few years ☹️

Thats a shame, magnums used to be THE boots to have! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, E21A said:

Unfortunately i can also concure with tackle , I’ve had 2 pairs from a friend who gets them through work for free and yes to put it bluntly they were crap , I’ve got a pair of Desert ones that have got to be a good 20yrs old and the quality is poles apart .

• Supporters
7 hours ago, E21A said:

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Unfortunately i can also concure with tackle , I’ve had 2 pairs from a friend who gets them through work for free and yes to put it bluntly they were crap , I’ve got a pair of Desert ones that have got to be a good 20yrs old and the quality is poles apart .

Yeah, when I started with fedex about 28 years ago they gave us toetector boots, they were horrible to wear but being a yank firm they were big on uniformity, after 2 days I told them to stick them up their arses, so they agreed I could choose my own boots as long as they had the right "look", so got my first magnums & they were awesome, & ive had loads over the years, but about 10 years ago they literally turned to shite overnight, bad stitching, poor quality leather etc etc, last pair I had were the spider side zip type bout 8 years ago, cost me about £85, & lasted about 6 weeks of gentle use before faults started appearing, I was furious & hi-tec didn't want to know, arseholes wont get another penny out of me.

• Supporters

Think it all went tits up when Adidas bought them .😡

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, E21A said:

Any suggestions of alternative brands around  £60-80? 

Have a look here:https://www.kombatuk.com/categories/Patrol_Boots

their kit has positive reviews & some of it looks very good, such as their "pro" series, lots of variations at good prices, I'll prob give them a try when I eventually need some new boots.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Leather or gortex?

Not really fussed to be honest, as long as they last well. Bought a cheap pair that haven’t even lasted a year of purely airsoft use. 

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

their kit has good reviews & some of it looks very good, such as their "pro" series, lots of variations at good prices, I'll prob give them a try when I eventually need some new boots.

Thanks. Have seen some kombat ones I like the look of but not really heard of them before, so unsure of what quality will be like. 

• Supporters

I've got a couple of their tactical fleece hoodie, really good quality & even my wife likes them, usually kit of this "genre" gets a firm "I'm not going out with wearing that" lol, but she actually said they look smart ?.

seen some of their pouches too, again quality I couldn't fault.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What size?  As lots of offers and clearance deals but size specific.

Everything I have seen of the kombat brand is garbage. Similar level to the older viper stuff.

10/11 

Some size 10 are a bit on the narrow side for me. 

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I've got a couple of their tactical fleece hoodie, really good quality & even my wife likes them, usually kit of this "genre" gets a firm "I'm not going out with wearing that" lol, but she actually said they look smart ?.

seen some of their pouches too, again quality I couldn't fault.

I tried a pair of their gloves and the stitching came apart along the thumb in a day, even for £15 they was awful. Tactical flea store level.

8 minutes ago, E21A said:

10/11 

Some size 10 are a bit on the narrow side for me. 

https://www.patrolstore.com/Dr-Martens-Haste-NS-Waterproof-Boot.html?p=11928

https://www.patrolstore.com/Dr-Martens-Attend-Boot.html?p=11929

https://www.patrolstore.com/Dr-Martens-Skelton-Boot.html?p=11941

Go for the 11s

• Supporters

Go to sports direct and try on the Karimor walking boots, I swear by mine and have a pair now specifically for Airsoft.

26 minutes ago, Tackle said:

their kit has positive reviews & some of it looks very good, such as their "pro" series, lots of variations at good prices, I'll prob give them a try when I eventually need some new boots.

I have a pair of these and worn them to 6/7 days play

https://www.kombatuk.com/categories/Patrol_Boots/467-Patrol_Boot_-_Half_Leather-Half_Nylon_-_Black

they feel ok whilst playing and the adrenaline is pumping

im almost crippled when I get home , and in pain for 2-3 days after

the sole is too flexible and offers no structural support

worst  things I have ever invested £40 in

AVOID!

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Fucked if I would give Mike Ashley a penny of my money.

Don’t have to buy them from him, but it’s easy to try them on and see if you like them.

I do share your sentiments about that cretin.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Don’t have to buy them from him, but it’s easy to try them on and see if you like them.

Karrimor is owned by sports direct.

I used to use some of their hiking equipment back when they were a decent company, not anymore.

27 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

20160516_201828.thumb.jpg.08eb2a8bd0c68a388e17754a96a4e017.jpg

Why sturdy soles and good boots are important and I was wearing 5.11 boots.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Karrimor is owned by sports direct.

I used to use to use some of their hiking equipment back when they were a decent company, not anymore.

That I did not know,  well shit. Looks like I need to find some new boots.

• Supporters

4 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I have a pair of these and worn them to 6/7 days play

https://www.kombatuk.com/categories/Patrol_Boots/467-Patrol_Boot_-_Half_Leather-Half_Nylon_-_Black

they feel ok whilst playing and the adrenaline is pumping

im almost crippled when I get home , and in pain for 2-3 days after

worst  things I have ever invested £40 in

AVOID!

This is the thing, as a young squaddie I could wear pretty much anything with no issues, but nowadays thanks to a massive amount of wear & tear, including crushed/amputated toes, I need boots to cosset me like slippers on steroids, boots are very personal to the user & their needs so it's hard to recommend what works for someone, only point out the shit kit that falls apart & should be avoided.

17 minutes ago, Prisce said:

He is an obnoxious cnut, but I wouldn't mind being a pound behind him 😏

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Tackle said:

He is an obnoxious cnut, but I wouldn't mind being a pound behind him 😏

Neither would I, but I’d rather be a poor man than make my money in he way he has. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Neither would I, but I’d rather be a poor man than make my money in he way he has. 

Lol, I appear to achieved your goals, I'm potless but can sleep soundly thanks to a clear conscience.......shame it don't pay the bills 😇

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, I appear to achieved your goals, I'm potless but can sleep soundly thanks to a clear conscience.......shame it don't pay the bills 😇

It may not pay the bills. But it’s the right way to live.

• Supporters

I’ll be honest I equally dislike the fat sack of shit my self BUT unfortunately I have two teenage sons that won’t stop growing and a bank balance that dissuades me from have morals when new kit is needed , if what I want is £29.99 in sports direct (last pair of karrimor boots I bought) and £45 in millets then I have to put my moral indignation to one side I’m afraid to say .

Sad but a fact of life . 

Archived