New player looking for a Gas/CO2 Pistol

AlCap0wnd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there! 

I'm quite new, I recently got my first (main) gun. In addition I'd like to get a pistol, however I'd like to get a pistol that has/takes Green gas and CO2 mags.
Now since I'm new with all the terms and getting familair with it all.. and also a foreigner and English not being my main language it's kinda hard for me to think of what to search on with keywords and everything..
So.. my question to you guys is.. are there any nice pistols that have both mags? 

Greetings from the Netherlands ;) 

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

For dual supply the ASG as mentioned is a firm choice.

What makes you "want" dual gas? A TM Hi-Capa can perform all year around on Green gas with no issues which would be a firm suggestion had you not needed CO2

Well, I dont know what I prefer yet. I watched some videos on CO2 vs Green Gas. The information I gathered says that CO2 shoots at a higher FPS and Green Gas is lower FPS. Green gas is lower in cost they say and CO2 is more expensive. And green gas fails here and there (in cold weather) and CO2 fails less frequent (in cold weather).

And here in the Netherlands it usually is pretty cold hahaha.

And yeh.. I just dont know what I like yet so I figured I get a pistol that can use CO2 mags and Green Gas mags ^_^

22 minutes ago, AlCap0wnd said:

Well, I dont know what I prefer yet. I watched some videos on CO2 vs Green Gas. The information I gathered says that CO2 shoots at a higher FPS and Green Gas is lower FPS. Green gas is lower in cost they say and CO2 is more expensive. And green gas fails here and there (in cold weather) and CO2 fails less frequent (in cold weather).

And here in the Netherlands it usually is pretty cold hahaha.

And yeh.. I just dont know what I like yet so I figured I get a pistol that can use CO2 mags and Green Gas mags ^_^

With a TM Hi-capa, you'll only get issues with cold weather if/when you start upgrades and this is easily overcome with a slightly higher pressure green gas.

It can be further overcome with different magazines too with better thermal properties.

I used my Hi-capa stock at sub 5 degrees C and it worked like an absolute champ on standard green gas. When I upgraded I had to use a slightly higher pressure green gas but still performs.

With summer coming I'll soon be able to switch back to standard green gas.

Edit: on a side note. If you decide to go the TM Hi-capa route and you will be running it stock for a while, I would highly recommend the Gold Match. The moving mass is lighter and more readily performing, especially in the cold with standard green gas.

I recently got the ASG CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow and absolutely love it. Nice weight to it, looks the dogs and hasn't missed a beat yet. 

Like you I wanted a dual fuel as wasn't sure which way to go. The Shadow works well on green gas but comes alive with co2. So much snappier on the blowback (heavy metal slide) and shoots so straight. I am also getting 3 full mags out if each co2 cartridge before any noticeable drop.

Not sure about the asg co2 mags but pretty much every single single co2 gbb mag I have come across or personally used don't last 5min. Better getting something reliable that runs well on green or black in extreme cold. Newer Tokyo Marui 15mm bbu models fit this bill very well. And if you must have metal kit out a new model 15mm bbu TM with metal parts.

6 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Not sure about the asg co2 mags but pretty much every single single co2 gbb mag I have come across or personally used don't last 5min. Better getting something reliable that runs well on green or black in extreme cold. Newer Tokyo Marui 15mm bbu models fit this bill very well. And if you must have metal kit out a new model 15mm bbu TM with metal parts.

To add on to sharks post above... I would refer you to a great post a while ago by @Wo1f...

52 minutes ago, Seven said:

Edit: on a side note. If you decide to go the TM Hi-capa route and you will be running it stock for a while, I would highly recommend the Gold Match. The moving mass is lighter and more readily performing, especially in the cold with standard green gas.

TM GM 5.1 is on my list just need to decide if I get 2 AEG's then a GBBP or 1 AEG then a GBBP

Never considered the plastic slide would aid in cold weather performance was going to swap it as everyone says they crack. 

30 minutes ago, Musica said:

TM GM 5.1 is on my list just need to decide if I get 2 AEG's then a GBBP or 1 AEG then a GBBP

Never considered the plastic slide would aid in cold weather performance was going to swap it as everyone says they crack. 

There is the risk of cracking but 9/10 never do... Or won't for a long time. By that time you'll either be looking to upgrade anyway... Or you can just replace the slide with an original stock slide quite cheaply.

There are other parts of the Hi-capas that break eventually too... But again, these stock replacement parts are cheap and easily replaced but they won't fail for a good long time in most cases if you haven't upgraded them by then anyway.

Every gun breaks eventually but TM's Hi-capa lasts a good long time in the majority of normal use scenarios.

Oh... And it's not just the slide weight that makes the difference... The normal TM 5.1 Hi-capa is a plastic slide the same as the TM 5.1 Hi-capa gold match but the gold match has lighter slide internals too which make up part of the moving mass. The worst offender being the guide rod plug. The gold match one is SUPER light.

6 minutes ago, Seven said:

There is the risk of cracking but 9/10 never do... Or won't for a long time. By that time you'll either be looking to upgrade anyway... Or you can just replace the slide with an original stock slide quite cheaply.

There are other parts of the Hi-capas that break eventually too... But again, these stock replacement parts are cheap and easily replaced but they won't fail for a good long time in most cases if you haven't upgraded them by then anyway.

Every gun breaks eventually but TM's Hi-capa lasts a good long time in the majority of normal use scenarios.

Cheers for advice.

Think I seen you on Sunday, Silver slide, teeth on your lower face mask with blood on, yellow team? 

15 minutes ago, Musica said:

Cheers for advice.

Think I seen you on Sunday, Silver slide, teeth on your lower face mask with blood on, yellow team? 

That's me... Come say hi next time... You can test shot it and see if ya like it. I'm booked in for the 14th as my next game day.

Oh, and for the time being I always bring the untouched stock slide assembly with me in case of technical difficulty, so you can feel the comparison between custom and stock.

FB_IMG_1552965061613.thumb.jpg.31c9a746b690c857f4453e7c614882d1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Seven said:

That's me... Come say hi next time... You can test shot it and see if ya like it. I'm booked in for the 14th as my next game day.

Waiting on my UKARA now so I'm worried the 14th is too soon for me to get it through and order/test my kit. Will be going for end of April for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Musica said:

Waiting on my UKARA now so I'm worried the 14th is too soon for me to get it through and order/test my kit. Will be going for end of April for sure. 

If you don't have the UKARA through within 7 days shoot the site a message on Facebook. AFAIK they usually process the memberships on Mon/Tues providing they have time but sometimes they need a reminder.

I waited almost 2 weeks for mine... I shot them a message and I had the email within the hour.

5 hours ago, Seven said:

With a TM Hi-capa, you'll only get issues with cold weather if/when you start upgrades and this is easily overcome with a slightly higher pressure green gas.

It can be further overcome with different magazines too with better thermal properties.

I used my Hi-capa stock at sub 5 degrees C and it worked like an absolute champ on standard green gas. When I upgraded I had to use a slightly higher pressure green gas but still performs.

With summer coming I'll soon be able to switch back to standard green gas.

So wait.. you're saying every Hi-capa can use CO2 and green gas?

5 hours ago, heroshark said:

I am honestly not really sure what you're saying.. lol. 

1 hour ago, AlCap0wnd said:

No TM Hi-capas can't run on c02 at least to my knowledge. What he is saying is a TM on greengass will still perform even in the cold so it would negate the need for c02.

I belive heroshark is saying is in his experience c02 magazines have failed him and hes advising against them look for a quality pistol and run it on higher pressure gas in the cold to combat cool down.

27 minutes ago, Musica said:

No TM Hi-capas can't run on c02 at least to my knowledge. What he is saying is a TM on greengass will still perform even in the cold so it would negate the need for c02.

I belive heroshark is saying is in his experience c02 magazines have failed him and hes advising against them look for a quality pistol and run it on higher pressure gas in the cold to combat cool down.

Okay so like, the FPS is still quite high on those and basically outperforms other pistols in more ways than some CO2 pistol would? 

EDIT:

I found these 3 weapons though.. especially the 1st one catches my eye, I can barely find any proper reviews on all this but ehm.. thoughts? 

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/co2/scorpion-dual-power-green-gas-co2-version-black-aps?from=listing&campaign-id=19

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/co2/spyder-c-dual-power-green-gas-co2-version-aps?from=listing&campaign-id=20

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/dragonfly-dual-power-green-gas-co2-version-aps?from=listing&campaign-id=20

I'm not even really sure what type of pistols these are but oh well. Lol.

2 hours ago, AlCap0wnd said:

1 hour ago, Musica said:

Exactly, green gas comes in many forms... take nuprol green gas for instance... they come in green, red and black cans. Its all green gas but at different pressures. I use 2.0 (green) for the summer/warmer weather and 3.0 (red) for the colder months, but thats ONLY because I have a fully upgraded slide/slide internals which makes it a lot heavier. You can easilly run nuprol 2.0 (green) all year with a completely stock hi-capa gold match.

Or you can run straight propane (green gas is just a propane gas mixture with a little silicone to lube your o rings and the gas mixture varies to increase pressure/cold weather performance).

49 minutes ago, Seven said:

Exactly, green gas comes in many forms... take nuprol green gas for instance... they come in green, red and black cans. Its all green gas but at different pressures. I use 2.0 (green) for the summer/warmer weather and 3.0 (red) for the colder months, but thats ONLY because I have a fully upgraded slide/slide internals which makes it a lot heavier. You can easilly run nuprol 2.0 (green) all year with a completely stock hi-capa gold match.

Or you can run straight propane (green gas is just a propane gas mixture with a little silicone to lube your o rings and the gas mixture varies to increase pressure/cold weather performance).

Ah okay, cool! Well thanks for all this stuff. However.. it makes it all sooooooooooo much harder to choose what I want lol. I think I'm just going to some airsoft stores here in the Netherlands and then test some weapons and/or ask for some advice there.

My advice go with a Tokyo Marui gun. Model wise HK45, HK45 tactical, USP, USP compact, M&P, M&P-L, XDM, PX4 or wait for the new fnx45 ,v10. And if you decide on a hi-capa wait for the new one to come out as they've fitted an updated/improved internal .

22 minutes ago, heroshark said:

My advice go with a Tokyo Marui gun. Model wise HK45, HK45 tactical, USP, USP compact, M&P, M&P-L, XDM, PX4 or wait for the new fnx45 ,v10. And if you decide on a hi-capa wait for the new one to come out as they've fitted an updated/improved internal .

I keep hearing people say wait for the new hi-capa and I intend to buy a GM 5.1 in a few months how do we know a new one is coming? 

58 minutes ago, Musica said:

I keep hearing people say wait for the new hi-capa and I intend to buy a GM 5.1 in a few months how do we know a new one is coming? 

Because they showed it at the last tm show. And not just  resin cast like they have with the v10 for years. Which means it will come at some point

Np. Maybe a few months but it'll be worth it. An no offence to those that like the gold match but it's hideous.

Archived