Project: JG G36E -> MG36 - Sorta done.

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had to get the Dremel out to enlarge the bolt holes for this G36 side rail as well as the area above to take the screw heads. The original bolt pattern was too wide.

Without going real steel hand guard there is no other way to attach side rails to the G36E without modifying the hand guard or body itself. Good enough for a torch!

G36.jpg

g362.jpg

A dab of black paint and no-one will know the difference, really neat work!

• 1 month later...

MG36 project has now been completed with the addition of the C-Mag auto winding magazine. Had to take it apart twice already to look at how it works and how to unjam if needed. Hopefully will be using this on the field soon! 

IMG_20190706_200037_745.jpg

Did you manage to find a sound operated C mag in the end?

Just now, Philby21 said:

Did you manage to find a sound operated C mag in the end?

Yes I did. Grabbed an A&K one from Italy. Battery was DOA but had some spare ones with the right connector. 

You're certainly putting a lot of business the way of the Italians - was it an offer you couldn't refuse?? 😂

(sorry)

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Asomodai said:

MG36 project has now been completed with the addition of the C-Mag auto winding magazine. Had to take it apart twice already to look at how it works and how to unjam if needed. Hopefully will be using this on the field soon! 

IMG_20190706_200037_745.jpg

There’s something business like about an uncluttered assault rifle (no bells/whistles or any other frippery bolted on to it) , M16A2 , L1A1 , AK 47 and your G36 that just says “You got a job to be done ? No problem !” 👍

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

There’s something business like about an uncluttered assault rifle (no bells/whistles or any other frippery bolted on to it) , M16A2 , L1A1 , AK 47 and your G36 that just says “You got a job to be done ? No problem !” 👍

Absolutely! Though there is something to be said to get the laser and llm03 module for the two rails. 😉

I wouldn't mind a RDS considering how bad the eye relief is on the scope. 

It's a BB hose first and foremost. 

Screw it. I also want the AG36 nade launcher! 

LLM01-Seitenansicht2.thumb.jpg.cf0f853f94395ac1dd54fbc1c93239ef.jpg

400px-HK_G36_with_AG36.jpg

• Supporters

BUT the LLMO3 is the correct light to mount on it so almost say it’s not covered by the ‘keep it clean’ caveat ? 😉

It's pretty heavy enough as it is! If it's not enough of a BB hose I can get some 40 Mike's 😉

Archived