What upgrades for Nuprol Delta Pioneer Defender?

DannyG

Hello!

I have a Nuprol Delta Pioneer Defender, and wondered what upgrades you would recommend?

I could do with a bit more FPS as I think it's hitting around 280FPS and could do with more range.

Looking at getting a TM HK416 at the end of the year anyway, but want to use this as a project gun for learning about upgrades etc!

• Supporters

My honest opinion is don’t bother, sell and get something better, even if it is a project gun.

I really cannot rate or recommend Nuprol guns for anything.

If you want a project gun, can I recommend you find a receiver(eBay or here) , and a gearbox from @ak2m4 and then do everything you want to learn with that box, upgrade little bits at a time, try whatever you want. 

I did this myself, and my scratch built project gun is now the only gun I like using.

I would agree with the above. The Nuprol is probably ok for a first gun but nothing you want to upgrade unless you are totally rebuilding from the ground up at which point cost wise you may as well but a new "decent" gun and use it out the box or just build one from scratch.

If you haven't really played with the inners before then I'd probably recommend getting the new gun then learning on the Nuprol, strip, rebuild, test. Your rebuild will likely be better put together than factory.

If you're a regular player and your only AEG is the Nuprul try not to go tinkering with it.  If it breaks then you could be without an AEG to play with.  280fps isn't great though, if it becomes a real problem then you may have to open her up

Guest Pfc.Macdonald.J

I've got a recon alpha and yeah it's a starter gun but for what you get I feel people rag on them far too much. Tighbore barrel, half decent motor and an efficiently put together gearbox. Mines had a great two years and has only just needed some tlc as the trigger got gacked up with carbon. 

Stick a better hop Unit and rubber in it and utilise the quick change gearbox and try out a few springs. I clipped down an M100 and I get 305-310 on .25s. 

They seem to got a lot of bad press nuprol. 

• 3 years later...
59 minutes ago, Tackle said:

The op hasn't been on for nearly three years, you join & 1 minute later put up a post wanting to buy his gun that everyone else has said is not worth messing about with. 

Is this a school holidays thing ??? 🤔

More like trying to bait someone into some kind of scam....

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

More like trying to bait someone into some kind of scam....

That did occur to me too, definitely moody, scammer, or kiddy trying to get hold of a rif

• 1 year later...

OK?! I've got a Nuprol Pioneer Breacher. I got it as 2 toned and with my Ukara it's now got the all Blue parts swapped out.  From new it fires 346 FPS on the field chrono "Impressing the Marshal" and accuracy was awesome for me when I was a Noob. A few more days of shooting the 40 yr old kiddies in the paddock and I realise I need more accuracy. In goes a CNC hop and rubber. A little tweak and it's ripping off pin heads. Now, with all my researching the inter-google and shop forum chats, NOT ONE person has actually said or shown first hand if the aftermarket parts drop in or need a "tweak" or need serious cutting and welding etc to fit. If there is somebody that knows of a person or stream showing "first Hand" I wouldn't mind seeing it with an open mind..

Can anybody please oblige me?

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.

I'm a bit unclear on what you're asking.  It sounds like you're already happy with your Nuprol, and I'd agree with the views above that it's not worth throwing money at it beyond the hop and rubber that you've already done.

If it's a general point about compatibility and repeatability then I hear that. Airsoft teching is largely anecdotal and "worked for me".  The problem is that there are no real standards, and a lot of re-branding and bait-and-switch. Nuprol is a rebrand-whore, with their Raven and Vorsk sub-rebrands, and Specna might as well be called Specnone given how often they change their models.

Watching Luke at Negative Airsoft work his magic while drilling holes in himself is great entertainment, but he leaves out specifics and even adds a deliberate lie to each video (when he remembers). Sam at Kingdom of Airsoft has a few pretty decent how-tos, but they're few and far between.  There's a plethora of Skylars screeching about AOE, but it's mostly magical thinking without before/after tests beyond maybe a chrono reading.

As above. Unfortunately parts compatibility in airsoft is pretty crap, even with parts from the same manufacturer so while one person may find the new parts drop straight in, others might have to get to work with a dremel

2 hours ago, Purpuk said:

shop forum chats

Personally I'd take advice from most shop staff with a pinch of salt as it's their job to sell you stuff. One exception to this is @ak2m4 as he knows what he's talking about