TRMR x4 base .209 spent blanks not falling out.

Musica
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was using my TRMR on the weekend and to reload I had to poke out the adaptor with a hex key then then the spent .209 blank every time to reload it. Is this normal or are they supposed to fall out on their own? Would make reloading easy as it is I just got to use my new toy once per game.  I ask as my friends multi shot seem to just fall out. 

I didn't have any tools with me long enough to poke it out but lucky @Rogerborg had some with him thanks mate. 

I've since grabbed a nice 4 mm hex key from my tool box which I can fit up while the adaptor is still in place to poke out the blank but it still makes reloading require a tool. I will be getting a multishot base in the future as it was really handy and I'd like to get 3 bangs so I can use it more times per life/game. 

• Supporters

Don’t quote me- but is it something you can lubricate? So the blanks don’t get stuck- if you get my jist?

I got it second hand so I don't think so. I tried the tapping method like a glass ketchup bottle but no dice. 

I gave it a really good clean when I got it so I know it's not built up muck either. I think the blanks are probably just smidgen bigger than normal blanks "they are about 0.001" larger in diameter than other 209 primers, which makes them great for tired, slightly oversized primer pockets in previously-fired hulls" but I thought these were the ones everyone used so not sure why I would have different experience. Importantly I might not be having a different experience it might be par for the course in the  x4 base 

https://jdairsoft.net/trmr/bases-and-blanks/fiocchi-209-primer-100pcs

• Supporters

Ah, you were using the Fiocchi blanks from the Depot shop?  Apparently they're very slightly fatter than Cheddites.  .209" seems more of an aspiration than a specification.  Also, they do expand a bit after going off.

I'd just give the adapter a gentle reaming with a 5mm needle / rat tail file.  The lip of the primer will stop it dropping through even if you're a little over-zealous.

Yup got in nice and early and swiped some up.  Then dumped them over my table like a frube. Didn't lose one managed to find them all! 

My friends brand new multishot works just fine with those fiocchi blanks. 

Guess some modification is required. 

• Supporters

As the Borg said , ‘gently’ run a round file around inside it , then I’d recommend some fine wet’n’dry to ‘polish’ it too remove any imperfections left by the file .👍

I had the same issue with my x4 base, lube doesn’t work. Ive since got the multi shot base and have no issues 

Archived