Advice on Goggles compatible with glasses

AirSoftNewbie1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys!

I need some advice from airsoft players that use goggles with glasses. I'm searching for some ballistic goggles compatible with glasses, but it's really hard to find something truly good in the UK / EU.

Is there any players on the forum that can help me out?

I see that there is some good goggles out there, but all of them are sold on USA only and are very expensive to import.

Thanks.

@Druid799 I believe you just commented on a pair of fan goggles with revision wipes making your life easier? 

I can help with a link to the anti fog wipes https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revision-Anti-Fog-Anti-Fog-Cloth-Wipes-Choose-Quantity-Required/292007864217?hash=item43fd066799:m:mcZ9UmOd0TxVYSehimi2Xuw

Folk say wiping them on the glasses and goggles helps. Can't help with the brands /models that fit over glasses I'm afraid. 

Good otg goggles are expensive. Also you are fighting a battle on 2 fronts when it comes to fogging. I think as far as I've noticed as the consensus goes with glasses wearers if you can use contacts for skirmishing it's much cheaper and easier and your eye pro options are open.

https://ukmcpro.co.uk/products/bolle-tactical-x1000-dual-lens-goggles?variant=6556973269035&utm_campaign=gs-2018-10-05&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI--CqisKL4QIVS7DtCh1IMgbSEAQYASABEgKWq_D_BwE

4 minutes ago, AirSoftNewbie1 said:

@herosharkWhat's the differences between the normal Bolle x1000 on that store, and that ones?

It's that hard to fight fog? I see many people on other forums saying that they don't have problems with fogging. I can't use contacts :(

fog is dependent on the weather, the goggles and glasses you are wearing and the individual. It's individual to everyone so don't always take peoples word for it that something will work just because it works for them. The x1000 I linked have the dual pane lens which helps against fogging .

I think it's the dual lens design that's different. Dual lenses helps with the temperature difference between the outside and your face the inside lens can warm up and the outside lens can be cool which reduced fogging,.

One thing to note often your lower face protection can be sending the warm breath directly UP to your eyes which doesn't help with fogging. I'm not advocating not wearing lower face protection but maybe try a few different ones they are inexpensive. (Well some are) 

I've only tried the one tigiris model but notice if I put it on at game start and take it off at endex I don't fog as badly during the game breifs/debriefs.  

Can anyone weight in if you can wear a dye i4 or i5 with glasses? I have heard these are the best way to resolve the fogging problems. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've always touted my JT Flex8 goggles - loads of room underneath for glasses.

Got  fans installed on top of mine. And Revision Anti-fog wipes as well for good measure. Fog is not an issue.

VxSi1SD.jpg

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, AirSoftNewbie1 said:

Are the Bolle x1000 big enough then?

Thanks!

Depends on the frames your glasses have but there is also the Rx version specifically made for use with glasses (no dual pane lens though) https://ukmcpro.co.uk/products/bolle-tactical-x1000-goggles-rx-model

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AirSoftNewbie1 said:

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the feedback. @Lozart I don't know if that goggles are better than the normal ones. I can't find any feedback on the web, or videos so it's hard to know. The only video I've found seems that they are really tight to be honest.

The Rx has a deeper lens, you only need to look at them to see the difference. Thing is that any specs inside a sealed goggle WILL fog up, add to that the fogging of the goggles themselves and you're on a hiding to nothing. If you can't wear contacts I'd suggest you take a look at mesh goggles (ask @heroshark he makes nice ones).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AirSoftNewbie1 said:

Yeah, I know they have deeper lens, but they seem smaller in terms of width (compared to the normal ones), aren't they?

Nope, frame is the same size.

From what I'm reading up you can get the best goggles or dye mask money can buy but without a fan your glasses will fog up even if the goggles don't 

Look in to fan options or go mesh if you can live with the safety concerns it causes and also consider it lets less light in so in dark area your going to have less visibility.  I suppose if your wearing glasses under mesh the fragments will be mostly stopped by your glasses so it's not as unsafe. 

It's partly players fault I'd say 20% of people buy decent eye protection from what I see. Most people either want cheap or style points. So stores don't bother stocking what won't sell.

Fields need to force players to use correct ppe as no one else really has the power to force the issue.

As i've already said you can find goggles that fit over your glasses but your glasses will still fog without airflow from a fan system like https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/exfog-antifog-system-t-band but you can put together stuff cheaper DIY.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, AirSoftNewbie1 said:

What about the ESS Tactical XT? People talk beautiful things about this goggles on the USA...

That’s because Americans are stupid.

Ask them and they’ll tell you they’re firing 10mm explosive rounds out of their 480 FPS 100RPS standard M4 hitting headshots at 200m..

Would never trust a review by an American. 

I use bolle pilotsi I think they are, I wear big glasses and never had any issues 

On 23/03/2019 at 17:59, AirSoftNewbie1 said:

@P13 that one's aren't ballistic, but thanks for the feedback!! :)

They are called pilot pilopsi and have a B hardness rating which is a .86g 6mm object impacting at 120 m/s, so I think that’s a good standard for Airsoft? I’ve also been shot in them many times from many different distances and not had a problem. They are below £15 of Amazon. I had a pair of tracker 2’s in which I am having prescription lenses put into.

Archived