Upgrading AK (CYMA cm.076b)

Leuc420
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys, im new here and I was wondering if you could please help me here a lil bit.. I bought this gun https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-076b-full-metal-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=20

And I was wondering which internals would have to be modified for gun to handle m180 spring? Or what would you think its best setup for gun?Ty for your answers in advance :)

I have this rifle and tested it out yesterday for the first time. Out ranged quite a few other AEGs on stock internals except for the spring being changed by taiwangun so it doesn't run hot. What is it your trying to achieve with it? Personally all I would do with mine is change the barrel and hop rubber + nub. 

Got my AK from Taiwangun and it was as hot as the sun so first off I'd chrono it if you havent second if your going to run it as a DMR you're going to have to get it set to semi only,this is where I am no even when I put an m100 in it its still shooting 30 fps over so I'm going to set it to semi till it beds in I will say this though for a cheaper AEG they are bloody good I've no complaints about build or accuracy,let us know how you get on 👍

M180? Are you nuts?  There is literally no site in the UK (assuming you are UK based) that will allow you to run that even as a DMR (Edit: and would actually make it illegal under the new UK FPS limits) .  That would put it at over 500FPS in all likelihood.  In addition, the gearbox probably wouldn't be able to handle it and would fold faster than the French Army in 1940.  There is simply no need for that high an FPS.  You are making the classic beginner mistake of equating FPS with range, when in fact its all about hop unit and rubber.  CYMA AKs are generally very very good just stock out of the box.  Save yourself some time and money and leave it alone.  Spend the money on something more important like good eyepro or footwear.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

Got my AK from Taiwangun and it was as hot as the sun 

Mite be an idea to use the free down grade service next time then ? 😉

😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Mite be an idea to use the free down grade service next time then ? 😉

😂😂😂😂

Bloody told em to do it but they sent me da hot un instead maybe need to brush up on my polish in the end though it was a good thing as 1) I'm strating to enjoy a bit of DMR action and 2) i'm picking up the basics of stripping down a gear box wont be long till I can do it blindfolded and in under 60 seconds!!!!

Hope you're alright old chap👍

Well we with friends are just going in the woods and shooting each other, rules are that guns are semi auto and well I was just wondering if you could post here best internal setup for ak, because I want to pimp this gun a bit but am wondering how

• Supporters
2 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

i'm picking up the basics of stripping down a gear box wont be long till I can do it blindfolded and in under 60 seconds!!!!

Hope you're alright old chap👍

Instantly had a merged picture of you and Forrest Gump stripping and re-assembling your gearbox in my head shouting “finished drill sgt !” 😂😂😂😂

alls good good sir , do hope it’s all good with thine self ? 👍

2 hours ago, Leuc420 said:

Well we with friends are just going in the woods and shooting each other, rules are that guns are semi auto and well I was just wondering if you could post here best internal setup for ak, because I want to pimp this gun a bit but am wondering how

The point I was trying (and seemingly failing) to make is that you don't need to 'pimp' it.  It is fine.   Leave it be.  You will also keep your friends.

• Supporters

Well we with friends are just going in the woods and shooting each other,

I have no interest in helping you, and I hope that your fun doesn't ruin ours.

• Supporters

tenor-1.gif

Please make sure you all have full face protection and its on private land that you have permission to be on so Joe public doesn't 1) get hurt 2) call in armed response.This feels to me its your first time using an airsoft  RIF if so dont bother with pimping it untill you find out if you enjoy the sport or not otherwise you're just wasting money

Above all BE SAFE AND BE SENSIBLE 🖖   

4 hours ago, Leuc420 said:

Well we with friends are just going in the woods and shooting each other...

Sounds like its not going to end well.

I mean from the view that Police might be called and bring unwanted attention to airsoft

The cops already came once and they allowed it because we were away from public but on a no mans land and yea we wear face protection all the time and we are playing it like a sport not just shooting each other.. Also right now I am using my friend's gun I think its g36c dmc version with a scope and upgraded trigger response with torque gears but I wish to buy my own gun

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Instantly had a merged picture of you and Forrest Gump stripping and re-assembling your gearbox in my head shouting “finished drill sgt !” 😂😂😂😂

alls good good sir , do hope it’s all good with thine self ? 👍

All ship shape and Bristol fashion here mate🖖

9 hours ago, Leuc420 said:

The cops already came once and they allowed it because we were away from public but on a no mans land and yea we wear face protection all the time and we are playing it like a sport not just shooting each other.. Also right now I am using my friend's gun I think its g36c dmc version with a scope and upgraded trigger response with torque gears but I wish to buy my own gun

Are you in the UK?  I only ask as your coppers seem mighty tolerant,glad to hear you keep it safe👍

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Leuc420 said:

The cops already came once and they allowed it because we were away from public but on a no mans land

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Unfair assumption?  Well, riddle me this:

I wish to buy my own gun 

On 18/03/2019 at 05:27, Leuc420 said:

I bought this gun 

Which is it?

I'm also going to go ahead and assume that you're under 18, in which case you're committing an offence by purchasing any imitation firearm, realistic or otherwise.

No mans land... all land is owned here. Public or private..... and public would very much not be allowed.

39c.gif

Okay, first, yes I am not from britain (no forums in my country) and here we have little different laws... Also the police actually came on the scene and we figured out with them that this property was goverment land (they laughed because they knew they came for nothing) its like beachy, swampy part of river bank which is unused by public because of regular floodings and they said that this place can be used for our events, also we're all above 20 so guys you're really concentrating on wrong things here... But I respect your opinions guys and if you dont want to discuss with me upgradable internals for ak let it be :)

Okay, first, yes I am not from britain (no forums in my country) and here we have little different laws... Also the police actually came on the scene and we figured out with them that this property was goverment land (they laughed because they knew they came for nothing) its like beachy, swampy part of river bank which is unused by public because of regular floodings and they said that this place can be used for our events, also we're all above 20 so guys you're really concentrating on wrong things here... But I respect your opinions guys and if you dont want to discuss with me upgradable internals for ak let it be :)

My friend please understand in this country we(Airsofters) are very nervous of anything that can make our sport look bad as we know some over zealous MP would just love to base his entire career on getting Airsoft banned to show just how concerned they are for public safety and as an example of how much more they could do for the general public if they were elected,it would make such a great distraction from all the promises that they have made yet have not honoured.Please do not judge this forum or the lads on it they have seen their fair share of idiots and are understandably suspicious,having said that they are fantastic at helping out and have done so for me on many(sorry lads) occasions. I hope this clears things up mate. I still say leave your AK alone for a bit and see how it goes. As for better trigger response if you really have to try a 9.4 nimh battery if you haven't or spend a few euros and swap out to deans connectors run a 11.1 lipo but make sure you have a mosfet fitted to protect your trigger contacts  also you'll need a better(safer) charger an IMax is superb but again will cost a few more euros,can you see know why we want you to just run it stock at first? It will not take long to spend quite a lot of money for not that much of a return,take care young man 🖖

Archived