Laser boresight

Jester_UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it worth using a laser boresight on my two rifles. G&G raider L with a 4 x ACOG and an ASP UAR with red dot sight. I don't have a long enough garden to zero the sights, especially the ACOG. I presume with a laser boresigh I just zero the sights to the laser?

If anybody has any experience or opinions on this, please feel free to chip in.

You still need a garden long enough for the range you want, and you’ll need a good consistent hop.

I have two, they help get an idea of where to zero your scope/red dot, but Airsoft isn’t like RS, bb’s don’t fly straight (or consistent) very often lol

• Supporters

45 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

You still need a garden long enough for the range you want, and you’ll need a good consistent hop.

I have two, they help get an idea of where to zero your scope/red dot, but Airsoft isn’t like RS, bb’s don’t fly straight (or consistent) very often lol

Pin point accuracy aside and talking man size target , if you can access a long enough area to test it think there worth it in that instance ? been thinking about getting one my self just never spoken to anyone who’d used one ? 👍

7 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Pin point accuracy aside and talking man size target , if you can access a long enough area to test it think there worth it in that instance ? been thinking about getting one my self just never spoken to anyone who’d used one ? 👍

Happily send you one to try if you like? 

Honestly, if you have a big cardboard target do you can see where your bb’s are going, no need, but to get them in a scope field of view I’ve found them handy

• Supporters
1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Happily send you one to try if you like? 

Honestly, if you have a big cardboard target do you can see where your bb’s are going, no need, but to get them in a scope field of view I’ve found them handy

Cheers bud , yea it’s the scope malarkey I was thinking about , I’ll be honest over the yrs I’ve accrued enough scopes to open an FleaBay shop ! But I’ve never really worked them properly . 

I've had a couple and the they're OK as a guide but not overly accurate (maybe I just bought crap ones... :lol:). Partly it depends if the laser/lens is mounted perfectly and if the unit itself fits perfectly in the barrel. I've had it where you can rotate the laser and it will orbit the centre point showing it isn't quite dead centred due to either of the two issues I mentioned. 

Much simpler using a bit of paper/card as a target or dialing in on site (I do both, basic setup at home and fie tune on nthe day).

One thing I did was make a target box out of an old dartboard cupboard. Inside I have a battery powered uplight. When the bb pops a hole in the paper it glows. Makes finding zero real easy if your eyes aren't great (mine aren't anymore.... Wah! Wah!) as you can see the holes real easy and adjust. Saves walking down to the target to keep checking if you can't quite see from where you shoot from...

LOL :lol: I'm not as blind as that all sounds... but if I hear you I'll shoot.  

Archived