Accessory purchases you regret.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Sure, I'll bring my BaoFeng in future (booked for the 31st and 14th) and we can swap recipes and gossip about boys.

Haha, I'll let ya know when I get one so ya don't have to bring yours unnecessarily... Unless of course you wanna use it with other folk of course.

I'm skipping the 31st but I'm booked for the 14th.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Seven said:

Haha, I'll let ya know when I get one so ya don't have to bring yours unnecessarily... Unless of course you wanna use it with other folk of course.

I'm skipping the 31st but I'm booked for the 14th.

Skipping 31st as I am away, probably skipping 14th unless my ukara and gun are all sorted but already booked for 28th. 

I'd be up for team radio but it will be May before I can afford one. Don't we need a license for the baofeng anyway?  I had to report to marshals folk on my team giving out intel on their walk back to respawn over their radios last time. Don't care what side your on cheating is cheating. 

18 minutes ago, Musica said:

Skipping 31st as I am away, probably skipping 14th unless my ukara and gun are all sorted but already booked for 28th. 

I'd be up for team radio but it will be May before I can afford one. Don't we need a license for the baofeng anyway?  I had to report to marshals folk on my team giving out intel on their walk back to respawn over their radios last time. Don't care what side your on cheating is cheating. 

Yes you need a licence but easy to obtain. Fill in an online form, send some money and it's all yours with some assigned frequencies.

And yeah people cheating over radio is a bit shitty, but hella hard to police. It's really down to people that notice it to police it.

Like people not taking blatant hits, I really don't care, I play honourably and just get on with it even if others are not so inclined.

PS. If you get yourself a suitable pouch, you are more than welcome to use my spare radio until you get your own.

11 minutes ago, Seven said:

Yes you need a licence but easy to obtain. Fill in an online form, send some money and it's all yours with some assigned frequencies.

And yeah people cheating over radio is a bit shitty, but hella hard to police. It's really down to people that notice it to police it.

Like people not taking blatant hits, I really don't care, I play honourably and just get on with it even if others are not so inclined.

Good to know re the license being online application. 

They say in the brief dead men don't talk including radios. it's out of order to give away peoples positions when your dead. 

Yea I worry about my own hits and hope everyone else does the same. Depot seem to have it cut clear  to not tell someone they aren't doing what they are supposed doing rule in place. I told a guy to stop blind firing as it wasn't allowed then after that match in the debrief we got reminded not to tell people to tell a marshal. I can see why they want this rule in place to prevent fights when some arse bites back and escalates it because they were in the wrong and don't like being told or "shown up" publicly for it.  

re radio I have a rig with wing pouches that should fit they hold 2 M4 mags I've seen in people kit reviews. 

tmc-modular-lightweight-chest-rig-full-s

2 minutes ago, Musica said:

They say in the brief dead men don't talk including radios. it's out of order to give away peoples positions when your dead. 

Yea I worry about my own hits and hope everyone else does the same. Depot seem to have it cut clear  to not tell someone they aren't doing what they are supposed doing rule in place. I told a guy to stop blind firing as it wasn't allowed then after that match in the debrief we got reminded not to tell people to tell a marshal. I can see why they want this rule in place to prevent fights when some arse bites back and escalates it because they were in the wrong and don't like being told or "shown up" publicly for it.  

Indeed.

Btw, I added a PS to my previous post.

It should also be noted that you dont need a license if you are using someone else's authorized (they themselves are licensed) frequency with them.

6 minutes ago, Musica said:

re radio I have a rig with wing pouches that should fit they hold 2 M4 mags I've seen in people kit reviews. 

tmc-modular-lightweight-chest-rig-full-s

How you finding the haley clone? good?

5 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

How you finding the haley clone? good?

Eh I'd say not a scratch on the real kit but from what I've tested of it will do me for airsoft. Need to sow back together a pistol mag elastic insert that came apart when I pulled it out to try a different layout. Haven't fielded it  yet but SMG rigs are hard to come by and this was pretty cheap even cheaper if you don't get the extra accessory pack required or smgs.  They are out of stock a lot had to buy a colour I wasn't too happy with (multicam black) to make sure I got one but they must be selling out for a reason. 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

Buying an impact BFG because all the sites around me only allow below the knee throwing which is not enough to set off the grenade. 

wing it at their shins super hard then ;)

*disclaimer don't actually do that, aim for a wall or something

26 minutes ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

Buying an impact BFG because all the sites around me only allow below the knee throwing which is not enough to set off the grenade. 

trmrs go off from 30cm no force required just released from that height on to concrete. what impact bfg did you get?

1 minute ago, Musica said:

trmrs go off from 30cm no force required just released from that height on to concrete. what impact bfg did you get?

It's many years old, a dynatex? I got it when BFGs were first becoming a thing in airsoft I think. 

Just now, Lasbrisas17 said:

It's many years old, a dynatex? I got it when BFGs were first becoming a thing in airsoft I think. 

fair enough can see it being a disapointment ,

5 minutes ago, Musica said:

fair enough can see it being a disapointment ,

Yeah, I just used timed BFG nowadays (they are a pain to reload tho) I am skeptical on using single use grenades since i've seen so many accidents with them. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

Don't we need a license for the baofeng anyway?

Yes, even if you use it on PMR frequencies.

Also, I never, ever drive in excess of the speed limit, because that would be against the  law.

I do also have a cheap PMR radio that can talk to the BaoFeng which I'll likely sling in the bag in future.

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Also, I never, ever drive in excess of the speed limit, because that would be against the  law.

lol, I see what ya did there! Love it!

33 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Was that wrong 🤷‍♂️

Welcome to the forum and airsoft. 

You might benefit from familiarising yourself in the 'UK law' section and then if you like, introduce yourself in the 'new players and arrivals' thread when ready

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Welcome to the forum and airsoft. 

You might benefit from familiarising yourself in the 'UK law' section and then if you like, introduce yourself in the 'new players and arrivals' thread when ready

Ok, you got a link for that?

I'm suspect to think your new with over 4k posts. I don't know if you were being comical calling it a license but  we certainly had a few laughs over it.

For the benefit of the uneducated reading in the future. Ukara is only a defense to purchase RIFs in the UK. It's what online retailers use to sell you RIFs legally as it proves you have a defense for owning one as you use it for airsoft. 

23 minutes ago, Musica said:

I'm suspect to think your new with over 4k posts. I don't know if you were being comical calling it a license but  we certainly had a few laughs over it.

For the benefit of the uneducated reading in the future. Ukara is only a defense to purchase RIFs in the UK. It's what online retailers use to sell you RIFs legally as it proves you have a defense for owning one as you use it for airsoft. 

100% a joke. 

8 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Ok, you got a link for that?

I did try but I don't know how to share a link. Maybe I need to read some posting threads on her

Airsoft Innovations Cyclone grenade. It's never even gone off properly, the thing's rubbish. Absolute waste of £50.

Secondly, one of the below tac-vests. See the clip keeping the pistol in place? Works lovely. See the two poppers underneath? They come undone the moment anything brushes against the vest, making the whole strap pointless (which is why my Makarov disappeared somewhere into a marshland on the first day I tried to use it) 😐

Picture 5 of 14

4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

FYI that's a spiritus clone not Haley

True dat. They even sparked up on their social media getting annoyed at it. 

Archived