Boot Care

Philby21
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Tried searching for this but ended up finding loads of comments on the thread about transporting RIFs in a cars!!

Took the plunge and bought myself a pair of Lowa Z8N boots, look stunning, surprisingly light and very, very comfortable.

Obviously after throwing a fair wedge of cash at these things I'd like to make sure I take good care of them so that they last as long as possible.  When thinking about what boots to get I went through a load of threads on here first and I remember coming across a link to an article on another site that someone posted, and I didn't save and now can't bloody find!!

So, I'm either looking for advice or links to anywhere that gives good advice (products to use etc) but isn't trying to sell me stuff?!?

Thanks,

Phil

• Supporters

Wouldn't worry about them that much as long as you do the basics , clean and air them after every outdoor gameday and they should last a good few years .  

• Supporters

I'd say as above, a very gentle scrub down if they get mucky, keep them dry/aired out, remember to pop out the insoles for that.  If you're really looking to go in deep Lowa make this stuff and have been for many years, just a light application every couple of uses might eek push the lifespan out a tad longer potentially.  I occasionally use a disinfectant type spray (there are shoe specific ones you can get on ebay and in supermarkets) inside any type of shoes that've been thoroughly sweated inside, again not massively necessary just keeps them a tad fresher more than anything.

• Supporters

I’ve got a pair of Elite , once they were broken in hands down the comfiest combat boot I’ve ever worn .

Thanks for the info guys.

The fact that the care instructions leaflet came with them suggested that they should be checked out by Lowa or one of their retailers after 6 years suggests to me that they're going to be pretty resilient!!!

I just want to make sure I don't screw them up!

I'll be putting them through hell tomorrow, the site I play at is around 200 acres of woodland in North Wales and the weather right now is horrendous.

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve got a pair of Elite , once they were broken in hands down the comfiest combat boot I’ve ever worn .

Do they take much breaking in?

I'm a biker and know what motorcycle boots are like for that but no idea about these.

• Supporters

Long time to break in ? not really , not as long (or as painfully) say as a pair of Doc martins , but on a par with my last pair of Sidi boots .

36 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

on a par with my last pair of Sidi boots .

Ah, another biker then 👍😁

Use them for a couple of days before playing, nothing hard, just go for a small walk or to work with them. The material is stiff and needs to form around your feet, wearing them on a long hike or whatever without giving them "a try" will result in sore feet and disappointment.

That's what breaking in means.

Unfortunately didn't have time to break them in before yesterday's game, and wearing them to work with a suit and tie doesn't really make a good combo!

Wore them all day yesterday, muddy woodland site, puddles everywhere, bloody cold, hail stones, rain, wind and the occasional bit of sunshine - feet were warm and dry all day and ached a hell of a lot less than my old boots, I love these things!!! 😍

Left them in the conservatory to dry out, I'll give them a couple of days then I'll brush all the mud off them and see how they come up but I'm expecting they'll be absolutely fine as long as I'm not too heavy handed with the brush.

Archived