Under 18 players & themed game playing fields.

AKA_Grimz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1-under 18 players... we were all under 18 once, having said that it is entirely down to the person. some people are just really annoying.

2-themed game sites. I love them however that is entirely made by the players and their attitude towards the scenario. other people just want to rock up, shoot their mates and head home which is great, but they probably won't be that fussed about a theme. horses for courses and all that.

I hope that helps 🙂

10 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

1-under 18 players... we were all under 18 once, having said that it is entirely down to the person. some people are just really annoying.

2-themed game sites. I love them however that is entirely made by the players and their attitude towards the scenario. other people just want to rock up, shoot their mates and head home which is great, but they probably won't be that fussed about a theme. horses for courses and all that.

I hope that helps 🙂

Exactly. At 13 I was shooting air rifles, shot guns and rifles. Qualified marksman not long after. However, completely agree kids can be annoying. Lol 

Themed playing fields have been an attraction. From Resident Evil to simple real life ops. Elevators and tanks have also sparked an interest. 

Your reply is much appreciated. Thank you. 

21 minutes ago, AKA_Grimz said:

So I am doing some research and I am curious how people feel about

1 - Under 18 players?

2 - Themed game sites? (Resident Evil, BF, COD, MOH etc) 

Detailed or short replies are welcome. 

We need more info on your research, you can't just write that and leave it.

Oh wait, you can...

Under 18 - Show respect, don't be loud; listen and learn.

Themes - It'll will have to rotate, unless it's a really popular one like Star Wars (Tracers everywhere). Sure, Zombies are fun.

8 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

We need more info on your research, you can't just write that and leave it.

Oh wait, you can...

Under 18 - Show respect, don't be loud; listen and learn.

Themes - It'll will have to rotate, unless it's a really popular one like Star Wars (Tracers everywhere). Sure, Zombies are fun.

Oh nice, I was a regular at a field which had several themes. Including RE and SW. It had the bunker from return of the jedi + speeder bike. Also Resident Evil in another area of the main field. 

So multiple themes in one playing area mix it up enough?

32 minutes ago, AKA_Grimz said:

Oh nice, I was a regular at a field which had several themes. Including RE and SW. It had the bunker from return of the jedi + speeder bike. Also Resident Evil in another area of the main field. 

So multiple themes in one playing area mix it up enough?

I can't really say, maybe I'm a bit tired right now. 

6 hours ago, AKA_Grimz said:

So I am doing some research and I am curious how people feel about

1 - Under 18 players?

Detailed or short replies are welcome. 

Under 18's are not an issue. The. issue comes when these under 18 and immature and frankly many over 18s are also like this. In terms of themed sites I am not a fan. It would definitely be better if there were themed days or events rather than the same theme every week.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, AKA_Grimz said:

1 - Under 18 players?

The BBs don't care.  It's all about keeping prats of all ages either honest, or absent.

8 hours ago, AKA_Grimz said:

Garnish.

The substance of the site and how it's run matters much more.

• Supporters

under 18 players are fine, airsoft is a weird sport where you can see kids acting like men and men acting like kids. as long as they're decent players then age doesn't really matter.

themed games i've never really seen work all that well, problem is say you want to run a star-wars themed game, how do you account for the majority who won't have star wars themed kit?

i do love individuals who have the guts to run a theme, for example a chap has started playing at our local sites who aside from the DYE mask wouldn't look out of place as an extra in enemy at the gates.

Under 18's, no problem. Some of the best sports I've played against have been kids and some of the biggest arseholes are plenty old enough to know better.

Themed games, never played one but wouldn't mind giving it a go. It's great to mix things up a bit and I prefer not to take it all too seriously so milsim is a no no for me.

• Supporters

Under 18 ? not a problem for all the above reasons (but have found over the yrs once you hit 14’ish it seems the lower the age the higher the immaturity on the field) 

themed games ? Can be excellent OR can be a right shower of shit !

The couple I’ve been to that worked were ; not a usual game day , limited numbers , cost more than a ‘normal’ scurmish day , quite strict dress code , a fixed (but flexible if needed) game plan and the game idea and scenario had been tailored to the site . = Was an amazing day .👍

The ones that didn’t ? Normal gameday at the site , no additional charge to take part , open to all as per usual (walk on’s still allowed) no rules about team structure or dress code (only a request to dress in a particular style if you could) , they tried to follow the original idea to rigidly and the game scenario hadn’t been chosen very well for the site layout . = Was an absolutely shit day .👎

Archived