Triple Frontier on Netflix

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Get on it gang, it's the f#*king nuts.

I'll definitely check it out.

Not bothered by it so far.  *SPOILERS* Kinda got annoyed at the Ben Affleck character who is meant to be this military planning genius and hadn't taken into account weight of the money they were stealing or really how they were going to get out of the country in any great depth.  You know, the single most important bit - how the hell am I going to escape?  Turned it off after that.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Not bothered by it so far.  *SPOILERS* Kinda got annoyed at the Ben Affleck character who is meant to be this military planning genius and hadn't taken into account weight of the money they were stealing or really how they were going to get out of the country in any great depth.  You know, the single most important bit - how the hell am I going to escape?  Turned it off after that.

It started well but dropped off a literal cliff. I have never liked Ben Affleck, I don’t think the bloke is an actor, just plays himself.

• Supporters

don't mind Affleck (he was good in the accountant), but yeah his character was a downer, film was not bad though, 7/10 maybe ?

I liked it, solid action film, bit of cheese here and there but not too smelly.

Kinda got annoyed at the Ben Affleck character who is meant to be this military planning genius and hadn't taken into account weight of the money they were stealing or really how they were going to get out of the country in any great depth

Spoiler

This was because he'd planned for $75m and it turned out to be $250m though right?

Also... spoilers!

12 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

How do you exactly plan for there being at least 3x as much money as expected? Or rather, the breaking from said plan. The characters made something of the fact that he broke from the plan by trying to steal too much money.

Problem is people probably view this movie as an action film. It's definitely not an action film.

For reference sake, having watched it, I don't recommend it.

Sorry disagree, he clearly hadn't thought through how they escaped properly.  Why fly all the way?  Why not just drop off over the border and take vehicles like he did with the girl and her brother?    Because the story demanded it thats why which just undermines the character.

I got bored after 20 minutes and turned it off. Got onto @L3wisD 's recommendation of Love Death and Robots, I dont know what the fuck that is supposed to be.

had a bad netflix night last night. Ended up watching Umbrella Academy and fell asleep. 

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I liked it. Next I'll watch Hunter Killer.

And that's that... :lol:

I enjoyed Hunter Killer, good film.

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I got bored after 20 minutes and turned it off. Got onto @L3wisD 's recommendation of Love Death and Robots, I dont know what the fuck that is supposed to be.

had a bad netflix night last night. Ended up watching Umbrella Academy and fell asleep. 

Love Death and Robots is the most overrated pretentious crap I have seen in ages. Worse even than Star Trek Discovery.

• Supporters

lol, enjoy it for what it is, the usual yank claptrap, I knew as soon as I watched the trailer they wouldn't pull it off, their pouches didn't match their vest camo, it screams UNPROFESSIONAL 😉

Everyone's a critic _ Smile - If you are a writer ___.gif

I did think at the end 'Poor Oscar Isaac has bought a fake Eotech with a Green reticle...'

• Supporters

They did at least show optic reticules though, which makes a change from Hollywood hip shooting.

I mean, until it went A-Team.

Incidentally, we have a

Spoiler

spoiler

tag here, it's the eye icon on the editor menu.

47 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Taking it at face value I actually really enjoyed it.

Glad I wasn't the only one simple-minded enough to enjoy it.

29 minutes ago, Burny said:

Glad I wasn't the only one simple-minded enough to enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong some glaringly obvious plot holes and some other weird stuff but as I say taking it at face value as entertainment made it much more enjoyable to watch.

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Don't get me wrong some glaringly obvious plot holes and some other weird stuff but as I say taking it at face value as entertainment made it much more enjoyable to watch.

Oh yeah, if you sat down expecting a Martin Scorsese film you'll be left disappointed. Like you though, I thought it obvious from the fact the cast was Ben Affleck and two Channing Tatum clones what kind of film to expect and wasn't shocked when that proved the case.

Archived