M95/90 VSR spring

GemsHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at buying a VSR 10 and living in Northern Ireland means that I am restricted to an FPS of 328 across all type of weapons and fire types. So I'm looking at a lower powered spring but all I can find is high powered springs for the VSR10. Could anyone point me in the direction to a low powered one?

Cheers, G

• Supporters

^as above, a tm gun will be 1j as the japanese have the same 1j limit, otherwise i'd look at an m100 and if needed trim it down to get the joules right on the ammo your using.

A laylax pss10 100sp is probably the lowest spring easily found  in the uk https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/laylax-pss10-spring-100sp-for-vsr-10

but will possibily still be a little hot depending on your setup so might need trimmed down to keep it below the 1j limit. 

PDI do a 0.9J spring but you would probably have to import it from x-fire.

As standard a tm vsr10 would likely be around 280-290fps unsure about the clones you could probably get a tm up to over 300fps with a few spring shims, tighter barrel and then if you are using 0.28g bbs because of joule creep would put you right around the 1j limit.

A standard VSR will be fine. Don't get too caught up in getting every last FPS out of it within your limit. The hop is brilliant and you'll out range AEGs if you choose your ammo well.

A ML autobot bucking, concave hop arm and crazy jet barrel will have you in the right direction. Could go tighter bore on the barrel to gain a few FPS back but not worth the risk of going over.

Think a ML setup might overhop the lower weight BBs he will have to use (even on lowest setting, could be wrong though).

Get a Stock TM. Leave it alone. Or... if you really want to get the best out of it, Air seal mods and shim the hop arm to remove the curving design issue it has.

Thanks folks! Should have mentioned, I'm buying the Well MB03 because well it's £50 and I don't really want to become a permanent sniper, just something for when I get the urge to use it. So while I knew stock TM would be the right one to go with I don't want to spend more than I have to.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Think a ML setup might overhop the lower weight BBs he will have to use (even on lowest setting, could be wrong though).

Get a Stock TM. Leave it alone. Or... if you really want to get the best out of it, Air seal mods and shim the hop arm to remove the curving design issue it has.

overhopping ammo is gods way of telling you your ammo isn't heavy enough.

you can hop .4's at 1j, not tried heavier although i reckon the rhop setup i had a while back in the polarstar would easily lift .5's

2 hours ago, GemsHD said:

Thanks folks! Should have mentioned, I'm buying the Well MB03 because well it's £50 and I don't really want to become a permanent sniper, just something for when I get the urge to use it. So while I knew stock TM would be the right one to go with I don't want to spend more than I have to.

Something worth mentioning then:

The Well MB03 cylinder area is offspec to the TM, down the line you'll have to stick to AirsoftPro upgrade parts only for the cylinder group.

If possible, at least step up to the JG BAR10, its the best quality clone of the VSR. Personally in your position I would go for an actual TM VSR.

Anyway, I found you a suitable spring: https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/sniper-rifles-parts/springs-for-rifles/pruzina-ms90-pro-tokyo-marui-vsr-10-g-spec-detail

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

overhopping ammo is gods way of telling you your ammo isn't heavy enough.

you can hop .4's at 1j, not tried heavier although i reckon the rhop setup i had a while back in the polarstar would easily lift .5's

I think a 0.4g BB at 1 Joule would travel too slowly to be particularly useful. But thats subjective.

Archived