Leaving airsoft, places to sell kit in bulk?

deebo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, airsoft has been great fun but that very expensive pile of stuff is just sat around waiting to be used, and now I want to buy a house and move on through life a bit I keep asking why it's still in the corner! 

I thought I'd list up a few rifs at a time and then the kit, remembering that stuff always used to sell quite quickly. It's been a while now though and I've not sold a thing. 

Are my prices off? Is the second hand market so saturated that nobody wants it anymore? Or am I just unlucky so far? 

I have several rifs and a bunch of kit to go, where would people reccomend I try to list it to get a reliable sale? 

Spares generally 50%, guns 60% of retail

Bulk doesn’t sell, list them all separately 

Obviously here, and Prefired, Usedairsoft, Freeads, Zeroin when it works

• Supporters

Take a picture- ideally a few - and categorise into RIFs and gear, spare parts and accessories and create an advert in the Classifieds. Number the items and list them in the description with details, condition and asking price. State if you are including p+p and fees or include it in the price of the item.

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/submit/?_new=1

Bulk will not sell.

There is an appraisals section if you are unsure on what you should set the prices at but typically 2/3rds of the cost new will sell depending on condition and you can drop the price as needed.

https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/151-appraisals/

As stated by RDB there are other websites to advertise on. eBay is also pretty good I've found. May have better luck selling the gear at the price you want on there as people always overpay at auction..

• Supporters

Third to re-iterate that bulk will not sell.

It's a small enough market to begin with, without clinging to the fantasy that there's someone out there who wants exactly the bundle of stuff that you're trying to get shot of.

Against what are you pricing your RIFs and gear?  Remember that you're up against the likes of GunFire who sell new items very, very cheaply indeed.

Again bulk is hard to sell,but I have bought 2 or 3 full kits before,being part of a largish group of players(14) a lot of it goes to them,not free of course.It will always depend on price obviously and location,I wouldn't purchase to lose money,nor would anyone else.And there is always the "weird" stuff that no-one wants..yes airsofters buy weird stuff...😏..good luck.

I wasn't aware of some of those sites so I'll be getting on to those soon, thanks. 

I should have chosen my words more carefully, by bulk I didn't mean in one sitting at one price as I know ot next to never sells like that. I meant more along the lines of losts of listings or one of gear one of rifs ect.

I used higher end rifs and generally warrior stuff as a bench mark for gear, so it was all quality stuff and not used too much either so no doubt with pateince it will sell. Using ebay to get rid of gear is a great shout though! 

As for wierd stuff, I've no doubt there will be a box of odds and sods that will end up in the trash haha

Archived