1911 Colt Cyber Gun: The eternal FPS conundrum...

Canen
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I came into possession of the aforementioned beautiful little sidearm a while ago, and I've been dying to use it but it's current FPS is coming back at around 340, which is 10 above my regular CQB site's cap. I googled to see if I could find a way of lowering the FPS below this cap, but it would appear that the options were somewhat limited and involved surgery on the weapon.

Before I give up completely, is there anything else I can do to sort this out? Perhaps a part I can buy or a god I can pray to?

Please bear in mind my technical knowledge on airsoft guns is limited, as I am new to the sport, so please talk to me as if you were teaching a two year old....

• Supporters

hmm, interesting, i have one of these that was converted to sub 1j by means of drilling a hole in the nozzle and fps consistency (and by extension any hope of accuracy) is nonexistent.

might try grabbing one of those see if it makes the thing fieldable.

12 minutes ago, heroshark said:

You sexy bastard. Thanks so much, heroshark!

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

hmm, interesting, i have one of these that was converted to sub 1j by means of drilling a hole in the nozzle and fps consistency (and by extension any hope of accuracy) is nonexistent.

might try grabbing one of those see if it makes the thing fieldable.

That's what I'd read on other forums and a few googles, which I was really loathe to do given the quality of the pistol. I'll chuck some cash at it and let you know how it works for me.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Canen said:

That's what I'd read on other forums and a few googles, which I was really loathe to do given the quality of the pistol. I'll chuck some cash at it and let you know how it works for me.

externally she's a beaut, but been nothing but trouble for me, especially leaky mags, kinda put me off co2 pistols tbh.

whatever you do, don't go drilling holes in the nozzle if you want to be able to hit anything more than 5 feet away.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

externally she's a beaut, but been nothing but trouble for me, especially leaky mags, kinda put me off co2 pistols tbh.

whatever you do, don't go drilling holes in the nozzle if you want to be able to hit anything more than 5 feet away.

Yeah, I'd heard about this. 

I really like the 1911 and just hope when I can actually use the damn thing that it keeps its shit together. I raised an eyebrow when I read about drilling the gun; now you've absolutely convinced me it’s the worst thing to do. I mostly use a MK23 Socom with green gas mags and although its entry level it doesn’t leak and conserves gas well. Just hope I don’t end up disappointed by leakage.

Archived