spec me: some magazines!

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

so i normally tend to go for the cheapest mags possible, logic being they're so easily lost/stolen there's no point in adding stress to your life that you absolutely must find them.

of course, after a few years i've somehow managed to never lose a mag that hasn't been picked up and returned by someone else.

long story short is i'm currently debating putting some money into a nice set of m4 midcaps as my asg's aren't keeping up with the demands of the polarstar and my reliable 20-round ones are a pain to draw from a smersh pouch.

now the caveat is, i can't run any fancy pmag style ones, they don't fit the f2000 so i'd need what the yanks call "usgi" style:

Image result for m4 magazine

so what's a good option for these in midcaps (yes i know that pic i nicked from google is a hicap)?

ideally i'd like 90+ round midcaps, i prefer metal but not entirely against polymer (all my current ones are polymer). what's really important is reliable feeding.

• Supporters

I have ASG and Nuprol, and both work perfectly, one of the only Nuprol products id actually use and recommend.

Funny you should post this today, i got 5 Nuprol stanag mid-caps from Patrol Base  delivered today and they don't fit in the magwell of the Cybergun F2000

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I have ASG and Nuprol, and both work perfectly, one of the only Nuprol products id actually use and recommend.

funny my current ones are plastic asg's, not the strongest springs.

mate of mine runs nuprol's and swears by them, seem decent enough but figured i'd see what others think.

• Supporters

I use classic army metal mids in all my STANAG guns and have done for yrs now , 120rds and never had single hint of trouble and I’ve run them in everything from a “how much ? you could go on holidays for that! “ custom G&P right down to a “I think I paid more for my boots than I paid for this” ACM M4 ! 😂

so im a fan ! 😉

• Supporters

good to know, these will be dual use for my m4 (with polarstar) and the f2000, both aren't massively demanding but on occasion i may end up borrowing a mates gun that's running ~60rps so need to be able to keep up :P

17 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

good to know, these will be dual use for my m4 (with polarstar) and the f2000, both aren't massively demanding but on occasion i may end up borrowing a mates gun that's running ~60rps so need to be able to keep up :P

Have you had any mag compatibility issues with the F2000? The Nuprol metal mid caps don't fit in the magwell at all, i could consider sanding it down a little but i bought them in bulk so if i want to return i will need to send them all back lol. 

They look the same as the one that came with the rifle but it seems the Nuprol may be just a smidge thicker at the back edge, so it has trouble fitting into the awkward shaped magwell

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, allyballybee said:

Have you had any mag compatibility issues with the F2000? The Nuprol metal mid caps don't fit in the magwell at all, i could consider sanding it down a little but i bought them in bulk so if i want to return i will need to send them all back lol. 

They look the same as the one that came with the rifle but it seems the Nuprol may be just a smidge thicker at the back edge, so it has trouble fitting into the awkward shaped magwell

hmm, that's a fair point, i'll have to grab one off my mate and test it because that would be a problem.

8 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

hmm, that's a fair point, i'll have to grab one off my mate and test it because that would be a problem.

i ordered an ASG metal mid-cap, will let you know how i get on

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Nuprol Midcaps are tight in my Cybergun Fn2000, but do go in. They're only tight in the back, and the magwell has small tabs to help it locate that you can file a small amount off to make them fit better. 

good to know- mine's the cybergun version too.

• Supporters

So here's a fun little update.

So i bought a bunch of the nuprol metal midcaps and they straight up dont fit the f2000- as folk mentioned too tight at the rear.

But the fun bit is they dont fit my m4 either- far too tight for the magwell which given it's a "seasoned" king arms reciever i'm not too happy about.

Dunno if i should bother modding the guns, the mags, or just send em back.

I've only managed to find one magazine that works with the F2000 and that's these polymer ones - http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-magazines-c3/high-capacity-c51/nuprol-n-mag-mid-cap-mag-30-125rnd-black-p5898

I bought 5 of these and they don't fit, literally wedge in the magwell, i forgot i hadn't sent them back so i'm too late now for a refund, might just try file them down a little and see if @Slamz can give me a pointer - https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-stanag-30-140rnd-adjustable-mid-cap-magazine

Tried an ASG and also a Cyma and neither worked. The Cyma does fit, but it's tight and awkward and i didnt like the fit. 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, allyballybee said:

I've only managed to find one magazine that works with the F2000 and that's these polymer ones - http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-magazines-c3/high-capacity-c51/nuprol-n-mag-mid-cap-mag-30-125rnd-black-p5898

I bought 5 of these and they don't fit, literally wedge in the magwell, i forgot i hadn't sent them back so i'm too late now for a refund, might just try file them down a little and see if @Slamz can give me a pointer - https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-stanag-30-140rnd-adjustable-mid-cap-magazine

Tried an ASG and also a Cyma and neither worked. The Cyma does fit, but it's tight and awkward and i didnt like the fit. 

tried some of those N mags at the local shop- didn't fit

1 hour ago, Slamz said:

Is your F2000 a G&G or JG made one? 

I can take some pics of my JG one to assist, but with G&G ones I'm unsure how much it varies

mine's the g&g, very tight magwell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

so update on my paradoxical quest number 2

so the g&p mags arrived, much better "feel" than the nuprol ones, happy days i'm thinking these might just work.

try it in the f2000, it fits, bit wobbly but it goes in and trips the mag catch, happy days i'm thinking.

so meanwhile i've been re-doing the seals on said f2000 and was gonna test it out.

and nope, you will not be shooting today, they fit but don't hold in far enough to feed.

damnit, ahh well i says to myself, the f2000 is a fussy mistress so i'll try the m4.

and they don't fit.

seriously, how damn hard is it to make an m4 mag that bleedin works?

so i'm back to the drawing board, any suggestions? i just want some decent midcaps that'll fit my apparently not-so standard guns......

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

so update on my paradoxical quest number 2

so the g&p mags arrived, much better "feel" than the nuprol ones, happy days i'm thinking these might just work.

try it in the f2000, it fits, bit wobbly but it goes in and trips the mag catch, happy days i'm thinking.

so meanwhile i've been re-doing the seals on said f2000 and was gonna test it out.

and nope, you will not be shooting today, they fit but don't hold in far enough to feed.

damnit, ahh well i says to myself, the f2000 is a fussy mistress so i'll try the m4.

and they don't fit.

seriously, how damn hard is it to make an m4 mag that bleedin works?

so i'm back to the drawing board, any suggestions? i just want some decent midcaps that'll fit my apparently not-so standard guns......

I have to be a bit cautious in my recommendation. But my Cyma F2000 is just as fussy but works really well with Nuprol N-Types. Another forum member bought them for their Cybergun F2000 on my recommendation @allyballybee 

https://www.onlyairsoft.com/product/nuprol-n-mag-mid-cap-mag-30-125rnd-black/

They also work on my Fussy as hell ICS's. The only thing they don't work on well is my janky ARX160. 

Worth a shot?

• Supporters

we tried the N mags in the local shop, don't fit sadly :(

these asg's i have fit both guns just fine (perfect fit in the f2000) but the springs are too weak.

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

we tried the N mags in the local shop, don't fit sadly :(

these asg's i have fit both guns just fine (perfect fit in the f2000) but the springs are too weak.

Are the ASGS screwed together or glued together?

If screwed, buy some Maple magazine springs, and retrofit them in. They are the strongest springs going for midcaps. 

https://www.bb-shop.be/en/super-feed-midcap-magazine-spring.html

• 3 months later...
  • Supporters

well, bit of an update.

stuck with the asg's a little while longer but they really started misfeeding last few rounds of the mag last few days.

ended up going with MAG branded ones on the basis i knew the plastic 20 rounders fitted nicely and luck was on my side they fit perfectly.

box claims they're 190 round, but frankly anything over 90 is good enough for me, i've got 10 of them so if i get through all that i'll be out of air :P

they're much heavier than i thought they'd be, but it doesn't matter, any mags heavy once it's been stuffed with .48's :P

Archived