Advice on P90 models

Major_Thor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone.

I am about to buy an Arisoft as I'm kinda getting into it and the P90 really got me. I have ( or at least as much as I could) made my research of which would be worth it most for a beginner weapon.

I came across 2 of the possible guns but I really don't know the scenario here. So I found a CYMA and I know its a cheap brand and so on, but God It is really cheap as I can get one for 90 €. But than I found another one.

What is a Cybergun labeled only, ( possibly CYMA too) but for double price. It has the licenses and everything. I have checked some videos and actually held the cybergun in my hand, and it seems that they have different internals and so. 

My question is, If anyone knows how and what are these 2 p90 different and which should I buy in price comparison.

Thanks for your help.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

@Major_Thor and @Matthew Bizley - hope you don't mind, but I've merged your two topics together.

Not very often people ask for advice on the ugliest gun in history, but two threads in twelve hours. It's unheard of! :)

I'll leave the advice to others who own P90s and actually like them :)

@Asomodai has recently upgraded his

1 hour ago, Matthew Bizley said:

Im looking to buy a fn p90 airsoft gun, could anyone recommend a model I could rely on? ideally i would want one with a metal gearbox.

13 hours ago, Major_Thor said:

Hi everyone.

I am about to buy an Arisoft as I'm kinda getting into it and the P90 really got me. I have ( or at least as much as I could) made my research of which would be worth it most for a beginner weapon.

I came across 2 of the possible guns but I really don't know the scenario here. So I found a CYMA and I know its a cheap brand and so on, but God It is really cheap as I can get one for 90 €. But than I found another one.

What is a Cybergun labeled only, ( possibly CYMA too) but for double price. It has the licenses and everything. I have checked some videos and actually held the cybergun in my hand, and it seems that they have different internals and so. 

My question is, If anyone knows how and what are these 2 p90 different and which should I buy in price comparison.

Thanks for your help.

The Cyma and the Cybergun are very similar. The Cybergun has a bit more QC and slightly better compression parts, but uses the same hop unit and metal gearbox. 

Neither are conducive to decent skirmishing reliably out of the box, the compression parts really need to be upgraded and AOE corrected. Having said that, the V6 gearbox is Childs play to open up and put back together in comparison to any other. Also the CYMA P90 comes firing over the UK limits at 380FPS, so be warned. 

If you want something that works well out of the box and is fully compatible with upgrade parts (The G&G and King arms P90 is not) then I suggest you save up for either of the TM's the TR and the HC. 

Please read my thread on the CYMA P90 where I detailed how I upgraded mine to a real beast. 

the best OOB AEG P90 I know is https://www.airsoftworld.net/king-arms-bo-dynamics-8969-fn-p90-tactical-limited-edition-airsoft-smg-black.html 

King arms but upgraded by BO to have a mosfet.

I decided against a P90 as my first gun as they don't seem as good as say the ARP9 at least OOB. 

27 minutes ago, Musica said:

I bought the tan one of those! it's great but it's currently in a UPS truck going back to airsoftworld so they can fix the semi auto firing a 3 rounds a squeeze, 

IMO it's not a great first gun because the mags are universally terrible / expensive. you have to be quite a forgiving airsofter to deal with it's shortcomings, but it's damn cool looking gun and shoots like a laser.

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

If you want something that works well out of the box and is fully compatible with upgrade parts (The G&G and King arms P90 is not) then I suggest you save up for either of the TM's the TR and the HC. 

Am I going to have trouble with it? i thought they were fairly similar inside?

6 minutes ago, CiderPunk said:

I bought the tan one of those! it's great but it's currently in a UPS truck going back to airsoftworld so they can fix the semi auto firing a 3 rounds a squeeze, 

IMO it's not a great first gun because the mags are universally terrible / expensive. you have to be quite a forgiving airsofter to deal with it's shortcomings, but it's damn cool looking gun and shoots like a laser.

Am I going to have trouble with it? i thought they were fairly similar inside?

I dont recall exactly what was different. Some V2 stuff will fit instead of V6. I believe the cutoff lever is especially weak in the King Arms, weaker then the Cyma and should be replaced. 

The ultragrade model uses 9mm bearings where the normal version uses 6mm. 

Well my question originally was which should I chose between these two because of my money limitations. (that is why I'm not really interested in other possibilities and of course I have looked through all of them )

Also the question was If the two p90s are the same or not and if not, does it worth to buy the Cybergun over the plain CYMA. I'm not planning to upgrade anything at the moment as it will be a starter not even the spring since I am Hungarian and we can have 400 fps.

thanks for your answers.

24 minutes ago, Major_Thor said:

Well my question originally was which should I chose between these two because of my money limitations. (that is why I'm not really interested in other possibilities and of course I have looked through all of them )

Also the question was If the two p90s are the same or not and if not, does it worth to buy the Cybergun over the plain CYMA. I'm not planning to upgrade anything at the moment as it will be a starter not even the spring since I am Hungarian and we can have 400 fps.

thanks for your answers.

As it's a starter rifle I would suggest not getting a P90 as neither of them are that great out of the box. The mags are a pain to use and arent great.

You can get better for the money. Such as a JG G36, CYMA AK or G&G M4. 

Ok I'm sorry let me rephrase this.

I would like to buy an Airsoft P90. (because I like it)

Which, from the following are better compared to each other in price vs quality ?

CYMA 060, or Cybergun FN P90

I am not interested in any other airsoft in this topic, I am just making my research about this and exclusively this two guns. I am only asking this in a forum like so because I couldn't find any research about these particular products, to reinforce my purchase with information.

On the other hand, I would probably consider to buy a different gun but only if I see that these are 100% garbage and that I cannot shoot a single BB out of them.

But I will Look after that myself (mostly because I hate the generic looks of M4-AK and G36)

Thank you for your answers :)

Personally I think the P90 is an excellent gun, and is such a good ergonomic design, mags are fine.

90% of air softers are M4 junkies.

If remotely possible save for a used TM P90.

Failing that get either of the cheap options, get a set of MAG brand midcap magazines for whichever P90 you get.

Do not bother with any other mag.

@Major_Thor I have just recently bought the CYMA P90, out the box is was a resonably quiet gun that shot around 340FPS, Very good gun. i cant advise on the Cyber gun though. In terms of upgrading all i had to do was remove the back panel where the battery would sit and the gear box just comes out, Super easy to mod and easily my favourite gun at the moment#

*EDIT* only problem i ran into was a feeding issue but a sector chip fixed that up real easy 

1 hour ago, Major_Thor said:

Ok I'm sorry let me rephrase this.

I would like to buy an Airsoft P90. (because I like it)

Which, from the following are better compared to each other in price vs quality ?

CYMA 060, or Cybergun FN P90

I am not interested in any other airsoft in this topic, I am just making my research about this and exclusively this two guns. I am only asking this in a forum like so because I couldn't find any research about these particular products, to reinforce my purchase with information.

On the other hand, I would probably consider to buy a different gun but only if I see that these are 100% garbage and that I cannot shoot a single BB out of them.

But I will Look after that myself (mostly because I hate the generic looks of M4-AK and G36)

Thank you for your answers :)

I understand. I am averse to M4's myself. I started out with a Famas, but realised quickly it would need to be upgraded to compete at range though it was utterly reliable. So I picked up an ICS APE to carry me through until that point. 

So at this price point and because of its inherently poor reliability because its not a particularly mature design like an M4, I would suggest getting the Cybergun. 

The components aren't that much better and I personally don't think its worth almost double the CYMA, but you will have less chance of getting a dud as it's put together slightly better. Don't get me wrong, you might get a great CYMA, but as you are averse to upgrading I would suggest getting the one least likely to be terrible. 

However if you can get a second hand TM P90 jump on it, will be a much better rifle. 

8 minutes ago, Major_Thor said:

Thank you guys for the help :) 

Of course, if it was my hard earned money, i'd get the CYMA, get an upgraded ZCI barrel for £22, Laylax prommy purple hop rubber for £10 and a high torque neo motor for £25 and have a far far better P90 then the Cybergun. Takes about 10 minutes to change the barrel and hop rubber and 10 minutes to change the motor. ;)

Do you think this motor would be good for it ? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-P-M100-Ultra-Custom-Efficiency-Motor-for-90-120-Spring-GP-OTH038/332676136040?hash=item4d750afc68:g:JeEAAOSwk-1Z~~SM

I have found the other stuff you mentioned with this seller so it would be nice.

But I don't know the exact parameters needed and i don't know if the gear set can handle it or not.

4 minutes ago, Major_Thor said:

Do you think this motor would be good for it ? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-P-M100-Ultra-Custom-Efficiency-Motor-for-90-120-Spring-GP-OTH038/332676136040?hash=item4d750afc68:g:JeEAAOSwk-1Z~~SM

I have found the other stuff you mentioned with this seller so it would be nice.

But I don't know the exact parameters needed and i don't know if the gear set can handle it or not.

It's not a neo so not worth it. Best Cheapest one to go for is an SHS/RA High Torque motor (Long) in the green case. 22TPA preferable, but 16TPA is fine as well. 

• Supporters

Cyma or Cybergun ? To be honest I found them both on an equal par on the meh ! Scale , id also as others have said say save your money and get a TM 👍

As to the Airsoft world one ,

ARE THEY HAVING A F**KING LAUGH OR WHAT ! 😱

20quid to use there down-grade service , and it’s got a quick change fecking spring ! And they wonder why players send there business overseas ? 😡

32B881AA-0DC7-4B15-A288-6A8D82211ED1.jpeg

Exactly, if you can get a TM, no upgrades necessary to get "up to spec" then in the future any upgrades are actually that - upgrades!

With the right mods a P90 is 60M accurate.

I’ll never understand how they don’t downgrade the rifles to sub 350 FPS when that’s the requirement for virtually every site in the U.K.  zero one sold me a Scar H firing 440 FPS, which is technically a section 5

yea I looked heavily into p90s as I am a big stargate fan but oob they just don't come up to scratch IMO. don't have the tech knowledge to upgrade myself.

would love one but think I will get a gbb version at some point 

• 1 year later...

So I've recently purchased a cyber gun p90 and all in all I'm quite pleased with it. However I'd really like to ramp up the rate of fire and I hate the trigger pull with a raging passion. Has anybody out here put in much work on the cyber gun p90 and if so how would you reccomend an airsoft noob goes about upgrading internals. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.