Boafeng + Earmor PTT issues...

Sawyer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening,

Just got my earmor M52 PTT through, and it's having some problems with my UV-5R. With my headset plugged in to the PTT I can hear, and I can transmit via the button on the radio itself, but the PTT button does nothing, and doesn't appear to be recognised by the radio.

Anyone run into this before? Any advice?

• 1 year later...

Not sure i have the same ptt but I found you need to press the connector into the radio further than you first think it needs to go. Not with excessive force or anything. Hope that helps?

18 hours ago, AGibbs said:

Hi, I know you posted this a while back now but hopefully I'll get a reply 😂. I think I'm having the same issue as you had. What was the part you shaved down? Was it the pin holes? 

Cheers 

As @Panama says, push then connector in firmly.  That may fix the issue or only help whilst pressure is applied 

If the latter then trim down some of the plastic on the pins

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.