Lubrication of gas guns

Minh Nguyen
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've bought this oil and wondering if this could be good for my gas gun or not. Some said petroleum products may still be aggressive in terms of rubber and plastic.
Please, take a peek at the ingredients, give this newbie some lubrication guides.

http://crcvietnam.com/Content/catalog/products/SDS-3055.pdf

593280-crc-808-silicone-spray-330g-3055-1.904.jpg

d5a2fe2034e9d6b78ff8.jpg

I think that that would destroy your gun, the petroleum in it starts to dissolve plastic components like hop rubbers which as they say is suboptimal. Get some of this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Abbey-SILICONE-Shotgun-Airsoft-Cleaning/dp/B007XR9KN6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1552557800&sr=8-4&keywords=abbey+silicone+oil and it will be fine. Abbey silicone oil is usually very very good and will serve your pistol well   

Id also suggest getting the stuff in a dropper bottle rather than aerosol spray, the spray one goes fekkin everywhere even if you try and give it a little light tap on the button :P

Also depends on what parts youre wanting to lubricate too, generally silicone oil a tiny sparing drop onto the blowback unit to keep the plastics sliding is all you need, for the frame/slide theres better lubes to use, for my metal on metal moving parts I use white lithium grease on the slidybits because thats what I happen to have lying around, no doubt other people will have other lubes of choice. 

Buy a GHK dropper bottle of silicone and some Wyeth dry chain lube. It’s a dry Teflon spray. Silicone should be used for sealing components like o rings, not for metal on metal contact like a rails or BCG’s. 

Archived