Specna ARMS H09 - FPS

AngryDad223
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey,

Ā 

So my buddy just received his H09 from patrol base, the gun is advertised at 310fps though in the box came a test card from the factory at 420 šŸ˜±

Ā 

Anyone know if Patrol base would of swapped the spring out or has he got a super hot AEG?Ā 

Ā 

ThanksĀ 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The test card always shows the FPS of the higher rates spring.

Ā 

Some retailers don't downgrade them, but I'd expect Patrolbase would.Ā 

In fact, I'm sure Patrolbase record the FPS on the delivery note/ invoice don't they?

Ā 

Does he have a spare spring in the box?

If the downgrade spring hasn't been fitted, there'll be a sealed SP90 spring - usually in a green packet.

If it looks opened, it'll probably be the higher fps Spring.

For anyone else looking here,

Ā 

We spoke to Patrol Base this morning, they assured that the guns are downgraded when the get them and that the gun is 100% site legal....Ā 

Ā 

The picture says it all

Ā 

Super disappointed in Patrol base, now our weekend is likely ruined, we will loose our booking deposit and now have to get this downgraded at our cost..Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_20190314_171944.jpg

Ah feck. Hopefully you've got the SP90 Downgrade spring in the box?

Ā 

@AngryDad223Ā - is the castle nut on your buffer tube Knurled, like it can be unscrewed?Ā 

If so, it has the "SAEC" spring change system and you can change the spring in two minutes.Ā 

Ā 

If not, you've got the "Enter & Convert" system, and you'll have lift the gearbox out the body.

Ā 

You don't have to open the gearbox, so it's not quite as nightmarish as it sounds, bit it means taking the buffer tube off, the grip off, the mag release and the bolt catch.

Ā 

This video is a great guide for getting to the back of the gearbox on the Specna's.

Ā 

Ā 

We can still have you up and running at the weekend. šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, it's not too bad to do.Ā 

Ā 

Take your time, keep the all screws together and you'll be fine.

Ā 

The downgrade spring in the box usually is a bit pantsĀ  - you'll probably end up firing nearer 275-290.

Ā 

I recommend the SP100 spring from @ak2m4Ā - it's good for 330fps (approx) in my Specna's

Ā 

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/springs/guarder-sp100

Ā 

But for now, the spring in the box will get you playing at the weekend at least :)

Ā 

Give me a shout if you need any help.

Ā 

Enter and convert system doesn't need the gearbox out to change the spring.

There are 2 E&C revisions. The first I believe uses a regular buffer tube that will need unscrewing with a long screwdriver down the buffer tube.

If it's the V2 E&C then this video shows how to get to the spring.

You remove the buffer tube and the QC spring guide should be looking at you.

Ā 

It depends what one you have.

Ā 

That video covers the SAEC type. The giveaway is the Knurled buffer tube nut.

Ā 

The Enter & Convert type is still the most prominent out of the two for some reason. I've never actually seen an SAEC in person yet.

Ā 

jDhm8JK.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

I always thought the E&C system was more than just a QC gearbox.

Still, it's not a major operation to get the spring swapped, a bit of a poor show from patrol base tho.

Ā 

• Supporters

Iā€™d still get on to patrolbase and play bollox with them , what if youā€™d taken there word and rockedĀ up at chrono on your gameday to beĀ told ā€œfeck off that guns way tooĀ hot !ā€ šŸ¤¬

not good at all .Ā 

• 1 month later...

Sorry for dragging up an old thread. I purchased a specna arms via gunfire knowing I would have to change the spring. Which is easy enough on this rifle.Ā 

Ā 

However i I was expecting something around the 310fps mark but am falling short at 280fps, hop is on so expect a drop. Looking to change to a m100 spring, hoping to get below 350fps.

Ā 

what FPS reading did you get after changing to the lower spring ?Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to airsoft and have recently gotĀ  the h09 knowing I'd have to change the spring but I thought it would be a good chance to learn something but as I've come to detach the front rail it wont slide off as it is front wired and the front handguard doesn't pop off like I've seen in other front wired M4s. I can see theses silver bits where it looks like the wires attatch but I'm not sure what to do and I don't want to break anything. Please help as I have a game soon.

IMG_0681.PNG

IMG_0682.PNG

IMG_0683.PNG

Archived