KWA Kriss Vector issue

Schultz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Like I said, primary sear and/or hammer.

You need to clean and lube your frames and bolt, not sure how the recoil buffer is returning to full height if the bolt isn’t returning properly, the two are inter-dependant.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys... really need some help. 

My guns trigger, after a few shots in semi will stop working and I’ll have to spam the trigger for it to reset before I can shoot again.  I can feel the trigger  ‘click’ back then I can fire again. 

2 round burst and full auto are totally fine. 

Anyone else have this issue?

ive checked my trigger bar, Sears, cleaned and lubed... what else can it be? Issue is only in semi.

Has anyone figured it out? I have the same issue!

Mine is not fixed yet. Next step for me is sanding the sear but did not had the time to do it yet. 

• 1 month later...

So i did sand the sear. Problem is still there. What i noticed is that when it stops firing and i open here i must push the trigger bar to the top of the gun to reset the trigger. When resetting also the full-auto sear moved a bit. Any ideas on this @rocketdogbert?

1 hour ago, Schultz said:

So i did sand the sear. Problem is still there. What i noticed is that when it stops firing and i open here i must push the trigger bar to the top of the gun to reset the trigger. When resetting also the full-auto sear moved a bit. Any ideas on this @rocketdogbert?

Im not sure I understand, the trigger bar doesn’t really go up?

The return spring on the bar pushes it back up to allow the hammer to reset, does it look correct inside, like this?

6A254D59-8397-4270-AD9D-B1B2C2741817.thumb.jpeg.df1f5b18df40ed8b12e40f2f41ba9a88.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for mine late reply, was a couple days out of town. If it does not fire i have to push the trigger bar (red circle) to reset the trigger.

835C7CBF-0A2F-4EE3-8030-04DF3F1BF68C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Schultz said:

Sorry for mine late reply, was a couple days out of town. If it does not fire i have to push the trigger bar (red circle) to reset the trigger.

835C7CBF-0A2F-4EE3-8030-04DF3F1BF68C.jpeg

Have you disassembled the trigger group?

I’ve never had the issue, but it sounds like your trigger spring (the thin, U-shaped bar) is not returning, so it’s either bent or lost its springiness

Some time ago i disassembled it. Was also thinking of a bad return spring. But then again it is weird that a first few shots (or burst or full-auto) are fine. 

I will disassemble it again and make some photo’s. Can compare the spring with a spare one i have. 

Work through it logically. If manually pushing the primary sear (trigger bar) up resets it, either:-

Return spring isn’t working properly

Primary Sear is sticking

First, if you know the replacement spring is good, try that.

If that doesn’t work, either the primary sear is sticking in its guide, or its sticking on the primary hammer

• 2 weeks later...

Your semi sear looks really worn, but you have to hold the auto sear up or the hammer won’t reset properly without the full lower in place. You must let it go through a proper cycle or it won’t reset.

You did sand the sear nub, not the sear face?

Have you checked the condition of the sear cup springs? If they are damaged, the sears won’t reset.

The three cup springs are two different lengths, are they in the right cups? Check the parts diagram to get them in the right place, off the top of my head (I think) , the fulll auto spring is shorter, but check it first.

Have you checked the wear on the tip of the primary sear? (The trigger bar)

Do you have a standard trigger installed?

Is the recoil buffer standard, rod not bent, spring pushing sufficiently to raise the buffer fully?

Bolt returning fully into the hop?

I think i was lacking some information on mine latest vid, sorry. I assembled the Vector and took some shots. When the trigger was not working i disassembled the Vector, started the vid, and then you see mee pushing the trigger bar. You see that when i push the trigger bar it resets properly. 

You did sand the sear nub, not the sear face?

I sanded around the nub, not the nub itself.

Have you checked the condition of the sear cup springs? If they are damaged, the sears won’t reset.

The three cup springs are two different lengths, are they in the right cups? Check the parts diagram to get them in the right place, off the top of my head (I think) , the fulll auto spring is shorter, but check it first.

Yes i did and the springs are in the right place. The full auto spring is indeed the short one.

Have you checked the wear on the tip of the primary sear? (The trigger bar)

Yes, look good enough

Do you have a standard trigger installed?
Yes, V1

Is the recoil buffer standard, rod not bent, spring pushing sufficiently to raise the buffer fully?

Think so

Bolt returning fully into the hop?
Yes

This is how the semi sear should look once you’ve done sanding, though maybe less removed, you have to go very carefully

EC0222F1-77D7-44DB-AFD9-FED00758AF68.jpeg

Part of the nub has been sanded/filed off

0A3930CD-7AF0-4AD2-9B8E-3E0BFC527D25.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Schultz said:

A little bit. What would this accomplish, looks like it is not touching anything on that spot?

Trust me, this is the fix for a worn semi or burst sear. @Dan1712 and I have done this on LOTS of KWA Vectors.

Take the trigger group assembly out of the gun, manually cycle it, study it until you can see what the various parts do.

If you think the bottom of the nub doesn’t do anything, you don’t understand how the trigger group works.

Archived