Speedsofters

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

I regularly shoot people in the face. Especially if they're wearing full face, it's the least painful place to be hit that guarantees a reaction.  

Then you should be banned from any site you play at for exactly the same reasons I gave to the last poster who said this . What if they’ve unknowingly bought a knock off of a branded mask and your bb goes straight through the lense ? You going stand over them and say “tuff luck about your eye sight but you won’t ignore the hit next time will you ?” Unfucking believable and whats worse it’s from a very respected player as well .

• Supporters

druid's approach is a bit more direct than mine, but to re-iterate what i mentioned earlier that the only time it's acceptable to intentionally aim for the face is when it's the only bit of them you can see, if you absolutely must guarantee a hit call then there are plenty of safer spots to be shooting at but if it's that bad then perhaps you need to consider talking to the marshalls or going to another site.

i play at some sites with some really bad examples of cheating and non-hit calling and i still stick to that principle.

all it takes is one eejit who's running sub-standard eye pro and i don't know about the rest of you but i don't want that on my conscience if i have a choice.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

druid's approach is a bit more direct than mine, but to re-iterate what i mentioned earlier that the only time it's acceptable to intentionally aim for the face is when it's the only bit of them you can see, if you absolutely must guarantee a hit call then there are plenty of safer spots to be shooting at but if it's that bad then perhaps you need to consider talking to the marshalls or going to another site. I play at some sites with some really bad examples of cheating and non-hit calling and i still stick to that principle.

all it takes is one eejit who's running sub-standard eye pro and i don't know about the rest of you but i don't want that on my conscience if i have a choice.

Yea totally agree on all your points if you can only see my face then no matter how much it hurts I’m fair game , I’d certainly expect to get one in the face in that situation , it’s aiming directly at a players face when there’s other parts visible that I’ll hold no book with Airsoft guns even the best of the best are NOT accurate enough that you can 100% guarantee your not going to hit the eyes .

So I stand by my full ban stance .

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Yea totally agree on all your points if you can only see my face then no matter how much it hurts I’m fair game , I’d certainly expect to get one in the face in that situation , it’s aiming directly at a players face when there’s other parts visible that I’ll hold no book with Airsoft guns even the best of the best are NOT accurate enough that you can 100% guarantee your not going to hit the eyes .

So I stand by my full ban stance .

not to mention teeth, sure it's a risk people accept but do you really want to send some poor bugger off the field with a mouth full of blood if you have a choice?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Guys i think you are being a bit OTT here. No such thing as perfect safety but lets be real. 

real? i've seen 2 of my mates walking off the field with a tooth in their pocket, so yeah i don't like people who take pride in intentionally going for headshots.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

real? i've seen 2 of my mates walking off the field with a tooth in their pocket, so yeah i don't like people who take pride in intentionally going for headshots.

Intentional headshots isnt the problem - it might be part of it, but choice of PPE is 99%. Wear full face. Ive lost half a tooth so people have my sympathy but otoh.. i lost mine biting into a sponge cake!

Edit: what is the difference in safety between intentionally shooting someone in the face when you could easily go for (well,try for!) a hit elsewhere vs an intentional shot to the face when its the only body part showing? 

Edit again: ive seen a bunch of teeth lost in my time. Wear full face,simple as that.

6 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Guys i think you are being a bit OTT here. No such thing as perfect safety but lets be real. 

Over the top? That nobody should intentionally aim for a head shot if there's another body part to shoot? 

3 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Over the top? That nobody should intentionally aim for a head shot if there's another body part to shoot? 

My point is that its not gentlemanly but it has very little to do with safety, and that you can aim where you want but your bbs might not go there.  So yeah its not good but imo behaviour wise its not as bad as cheating or getting aggro,or youtube-style hosing, all of which are far more common as far as i can tell.

By a long long way I would rather have someone I'm shooting at not take their hits than to know they are aiming to shoot me in the face intentionally. There is a completely unnecessary risk taken in doing that and the consequences could be catastrophic. In my opinion for you just to think it is not gentlemanly is crazy. But if you haven't changed your view by reading this topic then nothing anyone is going to say is going to change it. I suppose you could pop out one of your eyeballs for a couple of weeks and see how you feel after that

Just now, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

As i said before i would rather be shot in face then my arse cause my face is protected my bum is not! Said all that i can say,so take care and rest assured im not going around trying to get headshots 👍

I'm rest assured but if I'm shot in the eye I could lose it but if I'm shot in my arse I can still talk out of it 

3 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

As i said before i would rather be shot in face then my arse cause my face is protected my bum is not! Said all that i can say,so take care and rest assured im not going around trying to get headshots 👍

The point was, players could think (much like your statement here) their face is protected. However they could be using £4 shite OR legit stuff that randomly is 1 shot away from failure. Personally, I'd rather be shot in the arse than face, even if I have full face protection. You can't ever stop accidently headshots or if that's all you can see. The point being made is if all of a player is on show...then going for the face is unnecessary from a safety and sporting point of view

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

My point is that its not gentlemanly but it has very little to do with safety, and that you can aim where you want but your bbs might not go there.  So yeah its not good but imo behaviour wise its not as bad as cheating or getting aggro,or youtube-style hosing, all of which are far more common as far as i can tell.

Err It’s everything to do with safety ! Your contradict your self in the same sentence of your post “little to do with safety” and then “you can aim where you want but your bbs might not go there” which is the exact point of safety that’s been raised . Then to to say that basically acting in a way that has a very good chance of costing a player there sight isn’t as bad as ‘getting aggro’ (honest answer how many times have you seen this actually develop in to physical violence and NOT just the aggressive player looking like an utter twat in front of everyone ? Never for me in 19yrs) or hosing them for non hit taking (again how many times have you seen a player hose another in the face on purpose ?) due purely to the infrequency of it happening ? Sorry mate but I do think you really need to re-think what’s safe practice and what isn’t , unless you want to open your self up to what I’d have thought could possibly escalate as far as an assault charge as you’ve openly stated your not afraid to deliberately target the face . 

I think all of us here have admitted to deliberately targetting the face with the proviso that its the only thing that's exposed? And likewise alot of times it doesnt matter where you aim, you can still end up hitting them in the face - thats my point. Rest of your post tbh you've lost me completely and i cba to say anymore.

• Supporters

Ok bullet point it for you , general consensus of players is ;

accidental hit to face ? obviously  OK .

only see face through cover , take a moment nothing else visible ? that’s OK .

whole body visible , deliberately aiming for there face ? Not OK and your a twat . 👍

• Supporters

Makes no odds to me, full face is recommended at EVERY site I have ever played at.  If someone is wearing full face then being hit there is completely painless, when I'm wearing full face I prefer to be shot there, it doesn't hurt and I know 100% that I have been hit. 

Archived