Speedsofters

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

It was actually horrendous what I posted and I think I'm gonna leave the forum and stop playing for a while till I get my priorities straight.  

I am seriously sorry, safety should be above everything else. 

I wouldn't go that far dude, just don't shoot people in the face.

You've noted the error so learn from it, remember it and play on.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shot a guy in the crotch by accident. I felt bad and it was scary to think it could happen to me. 😟

What do you guys count as over shooting? Pretty much all my deaths are 2 shots in to me. I try to single fire myself but the more I get double tapped the more frustrated I get. 

Last game I played a few speedsoft type players running a pistol kept blasting past me when we both shot each other they are already away before I can ask them how they are so sure they got me before I got them. I felt like trades are pretty common in cqb but some people seem to think they shot first so it doesn't count. 

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, Musica said:

I shot a guy in the crotch by accident. I felt bad and it was scary to think it could happen to me. 😟

What do you guys count as over shooting? Pretty much all my deaths are 2 shots in to me. I try to single fire myself but the more I get double tapped the more frustrated I get. 

Last game I played a few speedsoft type players running a pistol kept blasting past me when we both shot each other they are already away before I can ask them how they are so sure they got me before I got them. I felt like trades are pretty common in cqb but some people seem to think they shot first so it doesn't count. 

Shot more people in the knackers than I can remember and honestly no fucks given.

1 when possible but generally with how fast my trigger is 3ish is the norm. Overshooting is difficult because it is circumstances not just how many shots you have to consider, but not bothered by it either because its only a bb.

I hate people who give the I shot first when its like a millisecond in it. They either call too or words will be had.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Game Cam said:

It was actually horrendous what I posted and I think I'm gonna leave the forum and stop playing for a while till I get my priorities straight. 

I am seriously sorry, safety should be above everything else. 

Don't pack in, while I didn't read your original post, I'm sure your not as daft as it made you sound, & im guessing that some of the sites you've played, or more specifically some of the other players there, had pissed you off enough to make you feel it's justifiable, now you know it's not so move so move on & be the bigger man in dealing with them, I always find shots to the inside of the thigh sting like a motherfucker, works for me😈

Cqb I tend to double/triple tap in the chest because the adrenaline is flowing and everyone is rushing around, a lot of people tend to not register that first hit on a PC when you’ve got the noise of your gear when running. 

For woodland playing as a DMR, I tend to shoot, see where it goes and correct if required. If they’re behind a bush then I tend to fire 2-3 to account for the leaves/branches getting in the way

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Musica said:

overshooting is when you keep going after the call of hit.

until the hand goes up there's no upper limit to the acceptable round count.

edit: to clarify bb's already in the air don't count, it's happened to the best of us, as long as when you see the hand you stop pulling the trigger.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Don't pack in, while I didn't read your original post, I'm sure your not as daft as it made you sound, & im guessing that some of the sites you've played, or more specifically some of the other players there, had pissed you off enough to make you feel it's justifiable, now you know it's not so move so move on & be the bigger man in dealing with them, I always find shots to the inside of the thigh sting like a motherfucker, works for me😈

agreed, you said something stupid sure, got called out on it yes, but you've changed your mind so no need to leave.

as tackle says just find another area to go for (which on a tights clad speedsofter shouldn't be difficult :P )

LOL :lol: I was shouting "HIT!" multiple times the other day and then realised the hand I'd raised was behind the building so the fella couldn't see it..... no wonder he kept shooting and I kept swearing. :lol::rolleyes::lol:

4 hours ago, Musica said:

I swear my first hit is almost always in the bollox.... 

I shoot until I see a hand or hear hit. Then apologies if hands up and I have let one or two rip. I only use semi auto tho so never pepper people to death.

Meh, I shot first bullshit, both call the hit laugh about it, respawn and try again! Whats the point in arguing. 

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

overshooting is when you keep going after the call of hit.

until the hand goes up there's no upper limit to the acceptable round count.

Whats your take on say this footage 5 shots in 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Musica said:

I see nothing wrong with that. 5 shots is hardly overkill for a moving target.

No biggy, however I'd of thought a couple were enough. Can't really say how many met the target and that's the trouble with vids.

If the fella had shouted "hit", put his hand up quicker and then more shots rained in I'd think it overkill.

• Supporters

Pistol shots at a reasonable range against a target wearing a tacticool vest who doesn't put his hand up or even react.  Not a big deal, it's hardly a Licking Orangutan incident.

Don't sweat it, Game Cam, we all say daft things that we don't really mean from time to time.  I once wrote that Nuprols probably weren't so bad.

• Supporters

Now I freely admit nothing boils my piss more than some tool saying “if you can’t take it don’t play!” When they overkill a player , but a pistol at that range at a running player ?🤔

Hardly call that ‘overkill”! 😂

One of the joys of airsoft is you can play it how you like. Buttt dont get upset if you find yourself getting rekt by people who are faster fitter and more often then not, younger!

5 hours ago, Musica said:

100% fine, i keep shooting till the hit is called, to paraphrase andy from ucap you arent as good as shooting as you think you are and your gun isnt as good as you think it is...

Edit: re face shots - its not very gentlemanly to deliberately aim for the face but thats it really - if you are worried about getting shot in the face you need to reassess your PPE. If it was a matter of safety skirmishing would not be viable H&S wise. Again, airsoft guns and airsoft players are not that accurate! 

16 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If that was ever me then I suppose apologises would be necessary........... but as it's me......well

Statistically one of them probably was you, but alls fair in Airsoft!! 

I play to get shot, never one to shirk away from a firefight!

I've found that at my nearest site (cqb courthouse) this is how my friends and I tend to play. Agree with pretty much everything said, but I don't think I've ever had problems with me or others not taking hits. Weirdly, sometimes I find myself calling hit in some situations even though I haven't been shot but because I thought they must have got me by now. 

Personally, I think 2 shots at a time is reasonable as stated above, sometimes people won't 'register' the first be it adrenaline/plate carriers etc, and sometimes I'll see people wearing so much I don't think they would actually notice if they got hit there other than by sound. 

As stated previously, with the 'trade offs' its a lot easier to just both take it, go back to respawn and carry on instead of stand and argue. 

Good to know I will start shooting more I have been using bugger all ammo anyway and maybe some of these trade offs would of been easier for them to tell if I got several in to them.

1 hour ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

Weirdly, sometimes I find myself calling hit in some situations even though I haven't been shot but because I thought they must have got me by now. 

I once got run up on by a guy with a pistol while I was hiding in a bush. He caught me of guard and I rolled over and shot him and as far as I could tell hadn't been hit but since he'd dumped half a mag at me I figured at least one of them must have hit so we called it a trade.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I once got run up on by a guy with a pistol while I was hiding in a bush. He caught me of guard and I rolled over and shot him and as far as I could tell hadn't been hit but since he'd dumped half a mag at me I figured at least one of them must have hit so we called it a trade.

To me that’s a perfect example of just being a good sportsman , you both honestly didn’t know if you’d hit each other so you both took it and off you both went , some players you’d think there taking it as an insult to there very manhood ! 😳

It’s just a walk back to either re-spawn or find a medic ! So chill out FFS ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

That is just one of those not sure what the fuck that was so going to call it anyway situations.

Had lots and always believe if any doubt or confusion just go for a stroll.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

That is just one of those not sure what the fuck that was so going to call it anyway situations.

Had lots and always believe if any doubt or confusion just go for a stroll.

indeed, had it last sunday, rounded a corner and pinged the one guy i knew was there, didn't expect the other 2, didn't feel the hit but even though i'd passed to relative safety i figured my choices were call out or get double teamed point blank.

the marshalls ended up complimenting me for taking the less painful option :P

Archived