Speedsofters

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There is no way an old bloke like me can defend himself from theseagile pistol carrying players

The only way to deal with them is to be part of a small team includding members whose job is to cover 3, 9 and 6 oclock.

Of course speedsofting does not really mimic real combat. Those who dash all over the place in a real battle with a pistol are likely to be killed pretty quickly. In airsoft all they have to worry about is the sting from a plastic bb. 

I imagine that with all the adrenaline flowing, they dont always feel their hits.

Ah the joys of youth.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I call bollox on you statement good sir ! You may be old and not as agile (as am I) BUT I say if you switch on and you use your brain you can burst there bubble of youthful over confidence from time to time . 

21 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No form of airsoft mimics real combat.

Best way to deal with them is to attack just as hard but be smart about it.

How old is too old?

71 with a long history of spinal prolapses, drop foot and a recent hip replacement following a fall.

I wear a brace on my right foot and calf to stop me falling over.

😄

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

71 with a long history of spinal prolapses, drop foot and a recent hip replacement following a fall.

😄

translation: back into a hedge and you're a human landmine

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

😄

Ok that is too old, best advice is just to shout at them to go play round their own end and rant about how the youth in your day would show more respect and not wear bloody tights.

I have been shot several times at very close range by young lads wielding pistols. I never complain or get angry when I am hit like some do. Even when my right arm is already up and some pillock continues to spam his trigger at me, I keep my feelings to myself.

One  chap in particular caught me and others a few times.

I eventually turned the tables on him later in the game. His response was to complain that I should have asked him to surrender. 😂

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No form of airsoft mimics real combat.

Best way to deal with them is to attack just as hard but be smart about it.

How old is too old?

That is true,. Mainly due to lack of military training and the fear of being killed, which must concentrate the mind wonderfully.

But some of the military simulation games that last two days try at least to introduce a bit of authenticity - low cap mags, taking prisoners, none of this counting to ten or respawning after two minutes etc.

Playing in a cqb environment (I assume the mill?) to counter a speedsofter if you’re on your own is to outflank or hold a chokepoint. Get in a position where you’re gonna have the drop on them if they come running though spraying. 

As for them not feeling hits.. no point going for headshots as their mask covers their whole face. Useful for when they star in their Bukakke videos. Aim for their inner thigh or lower neck, remembering to count to 3 after they’ve called hit before ceasing fire. It’s speedsofter etiquette. 

Or play woodland and you’ll rarely have to encounter them again. 

• Supporters

I find dropping a grenade after you’ve been hit also works quite well , then when they spin round and start gobbing off you can quite correctly reply with “well of course I’m going to drop it I’m dead aren’t I ? so how can I hold on to a grenade ! ?” 😉 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Game Cam said:

Funnily enough I had a bunch or army boys come by and try airsoft one time and they played very similar to speedsofters.

I delt with them the same way:

Hold a angle at a height they don't expect and double tap them in the peepers or somewhere fleshy. 

Hope I’m wrong but the way you’ve word’ed it you deliberately shot them in the eyes ??

• Supporters

if you're having trouble getting folk to call hits then get the marshalls involved.

if you absolutely must aim for somewhere painful then there are safer places to shoot than the eyes (like the legs if they're wearing tights)

the only time it's reasonable to intentionally make face shots is when their face is the only bit of them you can see.

31 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Nah I mean shoot them in their goggles/eyepro. I don't usually like doing it but if I'm having issues with someone not taking their hits promptly then usually a BB bouncing off in front of their eyes gets a reaction. 

Obviously safety comes above everything else. 

Shooting in the eyes with goggles or glasses on is a contradiction of safety above everything else.

I wouldn't expect them not to be wearing eyepro so you really are aiming for their eyes regardless. :rolleyes:

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Nah I mean shoot them in their goggles/eyepro. I don't usually like doing it but if I'm having issues with someone not taking their hits promptly then usually a BB bouncing off in front of their eyes gets a reaction. 

Obviously safety comes above everything else. 

To knowingly target someone’s glasses to ‘get a reaction’ is completely unacceptable behaviour there’s absolutely no excuse for it , what if they have relatively small glasses on and your round hits them at an angle or they’ve either knowingly OR un knowingly bought a knock off set of glasses or mask ? You going to go up to them and say “that’ll teach you to take your hits !” When there laying on the floor in agony because the round has either ricocheted off one lense or just smashed its way through and hit them in the eye ?

I freely admit on more than one occasion I’ve deliberately targeted a painful spot (arm pit,inner thigh,bony prominence,etc) or kept my finger on the trigger just that wee bit too long as someone wasn’t taking there hits (as most have I’m sure) but deliberately target there eyes ? This is one of the few occasions I’ve got absolutely zero sympathy with you and if I ran a site that a player did this at i’d ban them on the spot AND give there details to any other site I was in communication with . There is NO reason at all to deliberately target someone’s eyes . 

7 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

To knowingly target someone’s glasses to ‘get a reaction’ is completely unacceptable behaviour there’s absolutely no excuse for it , what if they have relatively small glasses on and your round hits them at an angle or they’ve either knowingly OR un knowingly bought a knock off set of glasses or mask ? You going to go up to them and say “that’ll teach you to take your hits !” When there laying on the floor in agony because the round has either ricocheted off one lense or just smashed its way through and hit them in the eye ?

I freely admit on more than one occasion I’ve deliberately targeted a painful spot ,arm pit,inner thigh,bony prominence,etc or kept my finger on the trigger just that wee bit too long as someone wasn’t taking there hits (as most have I’m sure) but deliberately target there eyes ? This is one of the few occasions I’ve got absolutely zero sympathy with you and if I ran a site that a player did this at i’d ban them on the spot AND give there details to any other site I was in communication with . There is NO reason at all to deliberately target someone’s eye . 

He is right, I posted before thinking. 

I apologise for my comment. I have deleted them. 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

He is right, I posted before thinking. 

I apologise for my comment. I have deleted them. 

Did I Say That_ Oops, My Bad - LOLMitt - quickmeme.jpg

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Did I Say That_ Oops, My Bad - LOLMitt - quickmeme.jpg

It was actually horrendous what I posted and I think I'm gonna leave the forum and stop playing for a while till I get my priorities straight. 

I am seriously sorry, safety should be above everything else. 

• Supporters

Good of you to admit it’s a bloody stupid thing to do BUT you have insinuated you’ve done it so me personally I think you do need to take a moment and think about your actions and the possible catastrophic consequences of it .

Bollocking given , lesson learned , end off . 👍

Archived