Best sling for an E&L AKM

Kastrioti
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, as the title suggests I'm looking for a sling for my E&L akm, preferably one that wraps around the wrist of the stock as I'm not too sure about the metal loop at the end, and I want a quality sling that won't break. What should I look for/ any suggestions in particular?

Thanks in advance

• Supporters

If you’ve got a tacticool AK all RIS and bells’n’whistles then stick what ever you fancy on it (I run a magpul 2 on mine) but when it comes to the traditional AK’s then they just look wrong with anything but a basic issue ‘type’ sling on then .

2 hours ago, E21A said:

Seconded on the surplus ones on eBay, it’s what I have on my AKM 

62124A05-DD9F-4881-B28D-4DC3649C9484.jpeg

Great looking rifle! Thanks to everyone for the advice but this is probably what I'll end up doing to mine. Just a little worried about the back sling loop holding but it should be ok if that's what most people seem to do to traditional aks anyway 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

For authenticity, I agree. And I have two.

But they aren't the most convenient for cqb because of the position of the rear sling connector.

Isn't that more down to both your AKs being folding stock versions though?

I had the same issue when I used an AKS74U.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Yes, I suppose it is.

I'd love to have one with fixed stock, but they only seem to come with the long barrelled ones.

You'll be wanting an AK beta Spetsnaz https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cybergun-kalashnikov-ak-beta-spetesnaz

• Supporters
9 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Yes, I suppose it is.

I'd love to have one with fixed stock, but they only seem to come with the long barrelled ones.

OR take the folder off get a stock adapter and put a solid on ?

Archived