P90 not working

LordRonin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently got a Cyma P90 and whenever I press the trigger I can feel the motor slightly move, but the gears won’t go anywhere.

i took the gearbox out of the shell of the gun and tested it to see if I could see any problems, what seems to be happening is that the piston isn’t being released after it does a full rotation, any idea how I could fix this? 

8 hours ago, CiderPunk said:

sure the wires aren't on the motor the wrong way round? 

I don’t think so, the motor has colours on the top of the connectors so you know which wire goes where

4 hours ago, Prisce said:

New gun? New fault? 

Gun locked up?

New fault yeah, pretty much seems like the gears will pull the piston back all the way then the piston isn’t releasing. It seems the gun isn’t doing a full cycle

• Supporters

Does it do this with a freshly charged battery?  Have you tried another battery?

Have you released the spring tension using the anti-reversal latch?  YouTube should be able to provide a how-to for your gun.

I had this when I put a ball bearing Piston head and a ball bearing Spring guide in mine. Just not enough room in the compression area get the sector gear to clear the last piston tooth. I had to remove the ball bearing from the piston head. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I had this when I put a ball bearing Piston head and a ball bearing Spring guide in mine. Just not enough room in the compression area get the sector gear to clear the last piston tooth. I had to remove the ball bearing from the piston head. 

I think this is the problem, I tried testing it this morning before work by turning the gears by hand with no Spring in, and the piston doesn’t go far enough to clear the sector gear. So I’m going to remove the ball bearings from the spring guide when I get home and that should fix it

30 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

I think this is the problem, I tried testing it this morning before work by turning the gears by hand with no Spring in, and the piston doesn’t go far enough to clear the sector gear. So I’m going to remove the ball bearings from the spring guide when I get home and that should fix it

Personally I think removing it from the piston head is better, but I cant explain why! 

So I am guessing this P90 has been upgraded before? The stock piston head does not have a ball bearing if I remember right. 

29 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Personally I think removing it from the piston head is better, but I cant explain why! 

So I am guessing this P90 has been upgraded before? The stock piston head does not have a ball bearing if I remember right. 

yeah, i put a new Piston, Piston head and spring guide in. and at the time i couldnt think for the life of me why it wouldnt work. but not looking back i can see the fault of having double ball bearings stopping you being able to cycle lmao

12 minutes ago, LordRonin said:

yeah, i put a new Piston, Piston head and spring guide in. and at the time i couldnt think for the life of me why it wouldnt work. but not looking back i can see the fault of having double ball bearings stopping you being able to cycle lmao

All covered in my giant P90 build thread :)

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Thanks for letting us know, it's good to get a happy ending.

Thanks, I had a little issue with it not feeding but a sector chip fixed that. V6 gearboxes seem worse than V2s 🤣

Archived