G&G TR16 308 Semi issues and Parts Compatibility

Seejay

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Recently purchased a G&G TR16 308 MBR and turned it into a fully upgraded and semi-locked DMR. Gun shoots great, however the last game I played I was running into an issue where I would regularly get a random 3 round burst, and at one point even got a long burst of full auto, which for a semi locked DMR, is not ideal.

Full auto on this gun is engaged by way of the selector plate depressing a small switch on the back of the ETU when the gun is switched to full auto, so I have locked it to semi by shaving off the part of the selector plate that makes contact with said switch. There is no way this gun can be placed into full auto, yet somehow I'm still getting random burst fire. I don't think the issue is down to microswitch bounce, I've been firmly pulling the trigger and this issue still occurs. 

Has anyone with this gun (or a similar gun with G&G's new ETU and MOSFET) had these issues? Running 13:1 gears, SHS high torque, Guarder SP120 and an 11.1v Lipo, so considered it could be overspin but seems unlikely as the sector gear always stops just before engaging the piston, which makes me believe the MOSFET has some form of active braking. 

I feel like either the ETU or MOSFET has Sh*t the bed, so I'm considering ripping them out and going with standard trigger contacts and a Gate MOSFET, like my other AEGs. However, I'm not sure if the G2H gearbox is compatible with standard V2 trigger contacts and cut-off levers. Has anyone tried this or able to confirm this will work? My original plan was either a Titan or a BTC Spectre, but it's too much money to drop on something that might not work due to the 45-degree fire selector. 

Hope someone can help shed some light on this!

For anyone potentially following this, I have since bought some V2 trigger contacts and they drop straight in with no modification, even the cutoff lever appears to be standard V2. Will know for sure when the trigger and MOSFET I have ordered arrive and I've done a full rewire, so I'll post back my findings once everything is installed. 

Fitment and rewire completed, all of the standard V2 gearbox parts are completely compatible (aside from the selector plate, I'm not sure if this standard) and the gun is now back to a semi-locked DMR

A few things to watch out for though,

Due to the way full auto was selected with the G&G ETU, there is a large gap in the selector plate just before the cutoff lever, as originally the cutoff lever did not need to be lifted to achieve full auto. it seems like full auto can be enabled with some modification to the original selector plate, however since this is a DMR it was not necessary for me to do so.

The safety is also still partly engaged and the gun will not fire when semi auto is selected, as the 45 degree turn on the fire selector to select semi doesn't allow the safety lever to drop far enough out of the way. I'm sure this can be rectified by removing some material from the trigger, but it's late and the sleeping Mrs wouldn't appreciate me breaking out the dremel. Besides, as this will only ever be a DMR, I will most likely opt to fill in the indents on the receiver under the selector switches so the gun will only click into safe and auto (which will now serve as semi).

• 1 year later...

im just about to embark on a similar process of modding, changing to a semi only function, you mentioned in your first post that you removed the section of the fire selector plate that triggered auto matic fire. Is the piece that you removed the leading edge to the left of the return spring, meaning that it wouldnt connect to the pin there?

• 3 months later...

Same situation here, I was thinking in drilling a small whole to fit a 'laptop' size screw, to phisically stop the selector. That way, you can always remove the screw to play CQB full auto. ?? Opinions?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.