CM16 misfeeding

Tiercel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, 

having an issue with a project gun I've been working with. Gun was originally a CM16 Raider, we've gutted it and replaced pretty much everything, it was misfeeding when we started running it on a high speed motor and 11.1v Lipo, but fixed this by fitting a SHS delayer clip. Doing the typical airsoft thing it was put into storage for a few months over winter, brought it out to play again and its now misfeeding again to the point where it pretty much misfires 2-3 times for every sucessful shot. I cant figure out for the life of me what the problem is.

What weve done to it:

16:1 high speed gears

40k high speed motor

Prowin hop unit

Maple Leaf rubber

6.01 TB barrel

ASG ultimate piston/cylinder/head/nozzle 

It was working fine and shooting like a beast, put it away, and now it doesnt work. It was used for a single game so not exactly wear & tear, the piston teeth look fine, everything look good, it cycles fine and dry fires fine, its just not getting BBs into it every time. Tried various mags and BB combinations to no avail as well as changing to a 7.4v battery. Im not sure what Im missing here. Any ideas?

• Supporters

Could just be down to the magazine as @Asomodai suggests. I know you've tried a few types but my CM16 didn't like the 140rnd midcap by G&G  until I filed down the lip but it fed high caps fine. 

Is there any excessive wobble when you insert the mags that could be causing the alignment to be off? Bit of tape on the back of the magwell helped solve this problem with my other midcaps.

Tried hicaps as well, no change. The mags have always been a bit sloppy and fixed this ages ago by putting the soft side of a bit of thin velcro on the inside of the mag well. The mags feed fine in my other guns, and this one up until now so Im not convinced its the mags.

I had the same problem a few weeks back. My ares mags would not worth at all miss feeding and giving me lots fps. Which confided be as they worked in my krytac, vfc, cyma and old g&g gr26 fine with no problems. Add a small about of velcro and my nuprol mags big and low cap feed perfectly fine. 

Archived