Best way to clean the gun barrel

El aston
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Use the search function. Try Barrel cleaning, there are many methods preferred on here. Most people use some form of alcohol based substance an a lint free cloth.

• Supporters

i just shove a chopped up but of microfibre in the cleaning rod and run it down the barrel dry these days.

used to use silicone, although got that shouted out of me pretty sharpish on here.

generally when i'm being thorough (translation: when i can be bothered) i pull the barrel out of the gun so i can look down it make sure she's shining.

I completely strip the barrel out of the hop, remove the bucking and run small cut strips of kitchen towel on a barrel rod with 99.9% pure isopropyl alcohol. I repeat it until there is no colour change in the towel strips. Then visually look down the barrel with a light at the other end to check it's like a mirror. Then put it all back together.

It's therapeutic... :lol: ... and OCD.

• Supporters

I like to hold the gun in a semi vertical position pointing down and then fire it , hopefully any crap in the barrel will come ! 😇

Archived