Not very tech minded

Cuddles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good evening all 

I hope you had a great weekend playing if you managed to get out. 

Really quick question and thank you in advance for your responses. 

Q: I love playing and and I have gotten hooked to say the least. However struggle on the tech side. Can anyone recommend a site to buy upgraded Rifles that people are parting with? 

Thank you 

james

• Supporters

Err the classified on this forum ??😉

There’s also prefired and freeads. If your not a tech or brave enough to give it a go it might be worth seeking advice if you find something your interested in. Upgraded guns can be compromised especially if done by somebody who is also unsure about what they are doing. 

Dont be to put off doing certain things yourself though, it’s always handy to learn how your rif works and if that fails, do you have a tech local that could do any work (repairs/upgrades) for you.

@GenePoolReject cheers for the info. 

New to the sport and the games but totally in love with it. So far my only regret is that I didn’t didn’t it sooner and whilst I was in the forces. I’m sure once I learn more I will start to try my hand at upgrading but where I’m just starting out. Luckily I have a friend who is very tech minded and he does the repairs/ upgraded so I will learn from him. For now I just want to play. 

Thank you though 

@Cuddles no worries, I was the same a year ago. A friend got me into the sport and I’ve been hooked ever since but had no idea how the kit worked. I’m still a noob but through my mate and YouTube I’ve learnt enough to do the basic stuff.

• Supporters

Mmm, do be aware that "upgraded" just means "meddled with at potentially great expense".

If at all possible, I'd want to try before buying, i.e. ask at your local site.

• Supporters

Most definitely what the Borg said !😉

id say don’t get hung up on up-grades , only minor one I do recommend (as do most other players once there up and running) is change the connector from a tamiya to something different (again most use deans) much better connectors and a lot more energy efficient.👍

Just buy what you like the look of or just what you want .

These days most guns you buy are more than good enough to use and not worry about being ‘out gunned ‘ on the field ! Plus as your ex-forces your field craft will FAR outweigh the advantage most players have gained through having a ‘super dooper raceing snake gun’ that cost a gazzillion beer tokens to put together , most wouldn’t know what field craft means even if you wrote it on a 4x2 and smacked them about the head with it ! 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Archived