Stealthy pistols?

rtong
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Other than the obvious TM MK23 and clones does anyone have and experience with good alternatives for stealth shooting. I just find it hard to believe there is nothing else.

sadly I only really have experience with the TM mk23. however I think that the issue is that there are not many upgradable nbb pistols out there. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that could be made to work is the kjw Ruger mkI or gemtec oasis ( sold under other brands), up on what can actually be done to them. but I think that the accuracy of the mk23 is really hard to beat.

Fair points, looks like the Mk23 really is the best option. I've just read that your hands need to be fairly large to use the MK23 comfortably and the MK1 mag capacity is a bit low for liking.

• Supporters

There are a few NBB pistols out there. Can’t remember the names off of the top of my head, just google NBB Airsoft pistol and have a look at the offerings.

*If* you want to be a little more old school. Why not the Rouger mk1 or 2?

Bit more of an ass to work on. But its different than the usual mk23.

Failing that there are always AEP's

Or why not run a suppressed GBB pistol? The HK45 tac has a audible difference with the suppressor on. But unless your talking hiding in a bush with a leaf suit sneaky. It wont be for you.

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Samurai said:

The KJW Mk1 or 2 (or ruger mk1 or 2) can be quiet but can't be accurate.

There is no alternative to the MK23 unfortunately.

At extreme ranges like the mk23 excels at agreed no contest BUT at ‘normal’ pistol ranges the Mk1 is bloody accurate ! 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Those co2 dan wessons actually have such a loud pop 

with a decent can on them they're ok. that's the advantage of nbb is suppressors actually work.

I'm surprised there aren't a few more quality nbbs available.

In theory they would be ideal for airsoft -  cheaper to buy, inherently more accurate, if properly built, less prone to problems and very economical on gas. And a damn site more realistic than aeps.

But we do love our blowbacks, so maybe there just isn't the market for them.

Old days there were but like you say people veer more to gbb . Digicon ,maruzen and marushin  did some great ones. Some of the marushin 8mm were evil.

I have a cyma030 AEP which I rewired for a lypo, it's great as far as reliability is concerned but shooting anything beyond 35m and you have to predict where your target will be in 10 second time!

5 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I've never had the pleasure of shooting an 8mm.

If pleasure is what it is.

Oh yes :)

Archived