New Pistol Suggestions

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My beloved Sig 226 is reaching the end of its lifespan after a good few years of getting battered.

So, with revolvers, 1911s and hicapas aside (can’t stand the things), any suggestions on where to go next?

Same and not keen on glocks either. Check out the SP01 Shadow by ASG. Green gas mags and CO2 compatible. Apart from filling my gun with dirt having crawled through some trenches its awesome!

1 minute ago, emilianoksa said:

Who makes that?

M&P 9 is made by a whole host of companies (WE, TM, VFC plus a few more)

The SAI BLU is made by Armorer Works for EMG. Honestly my favourite pistol.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

So are the parts made by WE?

I have been quite impressed by the AW pistol I have.

It seems like WE can produce decent parts.

Er no. AW use the same design as WE/TM,  but their quality control appears much better than WE.

• Supporters

The WE G19 feels nice to hold and shoot. And yeah, its a glock but eh.. I like em.

21 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

most glorious we makarov

That has to be the best username I've ever seen! 

Try the P229. Just a. More. Compact version of thr p226. I've got one. Fires great. Never let me down yet. 

I just happen to be selling a TM P226 for a reasonable price ;) (check sales)

...or if you fancy one you could wait for the new WE Browning Hi-Power MK3 thats supposed to be released this month. (Duno when it'll actually be available tho :( )

I can’t fault my CZ p-09, it’s performed very well, so much so that 2 of the guys I play with bought one as well. Not much of an upgrade path if that’s your thing with pistols though.

Im also keeping an eye out for any news on a sig P320/M17 which will be the new US Army service pistol but it’s early days for one of those. However I love the look of it and supposedly sig have pulled licenses so the can produce there own airsoft kit.

On 10/03/2019 at 23:35, rocketdogbert said:

Er no. AW use the same design as WE/TM,  but their quality control appears much better than WE.

I thought their parts were made by  WE.

But to a higher standard and with better quality control. Hence the higher price.

I didn't realise AW was actually a manufacturer. I thought it was basically a company that designed things but sourced its parts from WE.

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

I didn't realise AW was actually a manufacturer

Yep, that’s my understanding from reading everything I can find. But honestly, who actually knows, lots of obscurification 🤷🏼‍♂️

AW are deffo better quality than most WE guns,  some WE kit has good tolerances, some not

A mate of mine has an AW glock and it’s substantially better than the old WE I had. 

Pity it looks like a pile of flashy crap.

If they could just have made a nice one, I would have bought it.

But not that.

The Glock doesn't need any styling. It is already an iconic pistol.

Its simple lines are what make most Glock fans love it.

If you look at countries that allow real steel Glock ownership, you will struggle to find anything as hideous to look at as the AW airsoft versions.

On 11/03/2019 at 14:59, Gepard said:

The WE G19 feels nice to hold and shoot. And yeah, its a glock but eh.. I like em.

Had a 19 gen 4, shot nicely but even with the extra back straps it wasn't comfortable to hold.

On 11/03/2019 at 15:23, SurreySkirmisherNo.2 said:

That has to be the best username I've ever seen! 

Try the P229. Just a. More. Compact version of thr p226. I've got one. Fires great. Never let me down yet. 

Have been tempted by a 229, but the sigs need wide frame holsters which are expensive extremely rare this side of the pond.

19 hours ago, EDcase said:

I just happen to be selling a TM P226 for a reasonable price ;) (check sales)

...or if you fancy one you could wait for the new WE Browning Hi-Power MK3 thats supposed to be released this month. (Duno when it'll actually be available tho :( )

Will check it out but I'm tempted to move off the sig end of things now, try something new. Hi Power is too vintage for my taste

13 hours ago, GenePoolReject said:

I can’t fault my CZ p-09, it’s performed very well, so much so that 2 of the guys I play with bought one as well. Not much of an upgrade path if that’s your thing with pistols though.

Im also keeping an eye out for any news on a sig P320/M17 which will be the new US Army service pistol but it’s early days for one of those. However I love the look of it and supposedly sig have pulled licenses so the can produce there own airsoft kit.

Had a P09, I was raving to try it as soon as I found out there was an Airsoft version, I used to have a RS P07 when I lived overseas - it was the first 9mm I ever shot. But with the ASG P09 I, found the grip was pretty small and the slide too light.

27 minutes ago, AngryDad223 said:

Give the ICS XFG a look

Its's extremely well made, performance is amazing and although not based on any real steel... Its a good looking bit of kit imo 

Best of all its only £89!!!!

This looks pretty cool indeed, definitely up my street. I’ll need to try one out first before buying

• Supporters

I've always been a fan of the FNX for some reason. Not sure of any decent brands tho. 

5 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I've always been a fan of the FNX for some reason. Not sure of any decent brands tho. 

The only decent pistol in black ops 2

I've given up giving pistol advice. I think you should buy a horrendous piece of crap .Rave about how great it is, then realize it's crap once it starts to inevitably flag. Then open another thread asking for advice on your next pistol. Buy another piece of crap. Rince ,repeat.

There's alot of good ones around. 

TM Desert Eagle had served me very well for a long time but it is a huge bit of plastic.

My recent Umarex HK45CT has been awesome so far (I almost bought the G17 instead which is also good). 

Rest of mine are old or revolvers or old revolvers 😁

16 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

Give the ICS XFG a look

Its's extremely well made, performance is amazing and although not based on any real steel... Its a good looking bit of kit imo 

Best of all its only £89!!!!

I agree it is a nice looking gun.

And because the ICS pistols have not really caught on, prices can be excellent.

21 hours ago, heroshark said:

I've given up giving pistol advice. I think you should buy a horrendous piece of crap .Rave about how great it is, then realize it's crap once it starts to inevitably flag. Then open another thread asking for advice on your next pistol. Buy another piece of crap. Rince ,repeat.

Ha!

I think my WE 226 has had a damn good innings, and it’s not crap by any means, I’ll certainly keep it as a backup, but it’s getting about time for a fresh piece of metal now. 

11 hours ago, Game Cam said:

There's alot of good ones around. 

TM Desert Eagle had served me very well for a long time but it is a huge bit of plastic.

My recent Umarex HK45CT has been awesome so far (I almost bought the G17 instead which is also good). 

Rest of mine are old or revolvers or old revolvers 😁

Deagles and revolvers lmao. When it’s only chambered in 6mm BB, I don’t see much point in a massive hunk of a pistol with low ammo capacity.

Sometimes I’ve gone out with just my pistol and 5 mags. 115rds with a pistol can go a long way!

Archived